m0rl0ck

Consume! Conform! Obey!
Registered Senior Member
What practice do you use?
How long have you been doing it?
How often do you do it?
Why do you do it?
Has it done anything for you? What?

I'm curious :) Plus my own practice has become an occaisonal thing and I guess Im looking for reasons :)

Thanks.

I try to meditate every day, not using any special practice, been doing this for some years...don't know when I started, it sort of crept up on me. :p
I do it because it makes me feel good and helps me solve problems, unresolved issues comes forth, it helps me relax and focus.
And, I've heard it can broaden the mind. :eek: :D

I tried a while ago, but it doesn't really work for me, or help to achieve anything spiritually.

Adam - try anyway? :)

Bebelina - what do you do, just ... sit down, close your eyes and ... think? :confused:

It is similar to TM because it uses a mantra, but different in the sense that visualization and active information processing is used 66% of the time instead of the mantra. Basically a combination of techniques I developed over the years.

since age 13

How often do you do it?
Once a day

Why do you do it?
This allows me to manage my stress level and solve problems/issues of daily life (job and home)

Keeps my stress level low, I develop new products (software & hardware), win business proposals against large companies, learn new subjects at very rapid rate, associate hidden relationships between data... etc.

Sitting and walking meditation

4 years total

I year - sitting meditation
3 years - sitting and walking
combined.

How often do you do it?

2 times a day at the moment but I
am working towards 3 times a day.

Why do you do it?

See answer below

Besides improving my overall health (both
mentally and physically) it has significantly
reduced the joint and lower back pain I have
due to osteoarthritis and degenerative disk
disease.

I meditate in a less intense way about half the day just thinking about stuff. Every now and then I lay in the shower with all the lights off and the water as cold as it will go for about half an hour tring to not feel the cold. It's like push ups for your brain.

If you try it i would recomend stopping if you start to violently shake.

I was going though some old links I had
saved and found this one. Thought you
guys might enjoy it so I am passing it
along. :)

Zen

Has anyone of you tried SahajYoga?...
its an excellent way of exploring the energy within your body,which is known as "Kundali Jagriti".

there are in all seven points where energy could be explored...
i can come up with the details if you"re interested...

bye!

Zion I have always heard that Kundali generates accessive heat to the head is this true? And If you wish to go into detail about your practice i'm all ears.

Come on please :D

Well at least can you tell me if its "metaphysical or well...physical/mental"

Mind Body or Spirit?

I'm not at all familiar with the latest Oprah-trendy, self-improvement terms for these things. Doctor Phil blows goats. Blah. I'm so friggin tired. Feel like saying silly things.

Her annoying face popped up on TV as I started writing that post.

Back