In search of a professional...

Universe literally means ‘turned into one', from unus 'one' + vertere 'to turn'.

I need someone to answer my question...

I've tried google and all my online resources with no success.

What is the belief that the Earth is like a cell?

Lemme explain, Take a blood cell from your body. It is just a tiny microscopic spec yet is part of a greater being (your body). Now literally imagine the EARTH as a cell and being part of a larger body. I know its hard to understand.

This "larger" body goes beyond galaxies and universes. Does this make sense? I am not thinking supernaturally or anything, rather scientifically. And this larger body is concidered "God"

Anyways, that is what I believe. What is it called?

New Age.

It was explained to me a little differently but pretty much the same.

The earth and the planets where like electrons whizzing around their atom the Sun and all the stars in the universe where like Atoms that make up a human body and put all together the universe was Gods body.

Of course i don't believe this, but i guess some people like believing it.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

It depends on how the word "universe" is defined. Physicists and mathematicians have a specific meaning for “universe” when they write about multiverse.
I’m not sure if in their line of work universe equates to all "physical reality".

It depends on how the word "universe" is defined. Physicists and mathematicians have a specific meaning for “universe” when they write about multiverse.
I’m not sure if in their line of work universe equates to all "physical reality".

Wiki had this to say:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse
In order to clarify terminology, George Ellis, U. Kirchner and W.R. Stoeger recommend using the term "the Universe" for the theoretical model of the whole of the causally connected spacetime in which we live, universe domain for the observable universe or a similar part of the same space-time, "universe" for a general space-time, either our own "Universe" or another one disconnected from our own, multiverse for a set of disconnected space-times, and multi-domain universe to refer to a model of the whole of a single connected space-time in the sense of chaotic inflation models.

But this is certainly not my field so I couldn't tell you how valid it is. Using this explanation though, I believe "the Universe" is the proper term to use.

:)

Einstein stated that the very large could well be like the very small, Steven Hawking also is looking into the correlation between Planets and atoms.

I think what your talking about is that Einstein said that "what if our solar system was really a grouping of atoms that comprised a larger body, say a blade of grass that was on another planet that shared the same predicament as us".

Einstein stated that the very large could well be like the very small, Steven Hawking also is looking into the correlation between Planets and atoms.

I think what your talking about is that Einstein said that "what if our solar system was really a grouping of atoms that comprised a larger body, say a blade of grass that was on another planet that shared the same predicament as us".

As far as I know atoms don't have continents. Also, how do you explain quarks and exotic particles with this theory ?

lol :)

As far as I know atoms don't have continents. Also, how do you explain quarks and exotic particles with this theory ?

I DON'T, its not my thoughts.. but have you the equipment strong enough to see what is in a electron? or a device to see out side our universe to look around and see where the hell we are? until we do we can never know :shrug:

Thats exactly what I was talking about.

I DON'T, its not my thoughts.. but have you the equipment strong enough to see what is in a electron? or a device to see out side our universe to look around and see where the hell we are? until we do we can never know :shrug:

So, the electrons are the equivalent of planets then, so the sun must be the clump of protons/neutron in the middle ? Do stars exist of multiple bodies ? Are there not stars without planets ? What is the equivalent of nebula's, I can go on for some time if you want..

:shrug:

So, the electrons are the equivalent of planets then, so the sun must be the clump of protons/neutron in the middle ? Do stars exist of multiple bodies ? Are there not stars without planets ? What is the equivalent of nebula's, I can go on for some time if you want..

Again not my thoughts, but using the analogy presented then the neutron could be represented as the sun. Yes there could be multiple bodies as we have seen in particles. I imagine free electrons or other could be rouge planets. nebula's how abut a quark a string or a brane none of them can bee seen how would they correlate?

I HAVE NO CLUE> I personally do not buy into the whole Idea, I was just responding to a question.:D

Again not my thoughts, but using the analogy presented then the neutron could be represented as the sun. Yes there could be multiple bodies as we have seen in particles. I imagine free electrons or other could be rouge planets. nebula's how abut a quark a string or a brane none of them can bee seen how would they correlate?

I HAVE NO CLUE> I personally do not buy into the whole Idea, I was just responding to a question.:D

I don't agree with your 'correlations', but since it wasn't your idea I'll leave you alone lol ;)

I think we can agree for now that this idea is nothing more than a metaphor. I don't think it's meant to have any significant meaning.

I think we can agree for now that this idea is nothing more than a metaphor. I don't think it's meant to have any significant meaning.

Yes and no. This metaphor seems completely plausible as well as possible. But as it stands now, we do not have the technology or intelligence to validify or disprove it.

Yes and no. This metaphor seems completely plausible as well as possible. But as it stands now, we do not have the technology or intelligence to validify or disprove it.

How can it ever be considered a plausible theory ?? Maybe it's a kind of plausible metafor, but who cares.. :shrug:

Plausible in what sense? It's not as if you're trying to make any assertions about the universe. (are you?) You're just representing the universe as a living organism. Hence, it's nothing more than a metaphor.

Plausible in what sense? It's not as if you're trying to make any assertions about the universe. (are you?) You're just representing the universe as a living organism. Hence, it's nothing more than a metaphor.

Plausible in the fact that it makes sense. It seems logically possible. I don't currently see any reason why this its not possible, furthermore, I don't see any reasons that it is. So its just one of those open possibilities, that chances are will never be proven or disproven, kinda like God lol.

Plausible in the fact that it makes sense. It seems logically possible. I don't currently see any reason why this its not possible, furthermore, I don't see any reasons that it is. So its just one of those open possibilities, that chances are will never be proven or disproven, kinda like God lol.

That's the thing. What seems logically possible? Like I said, you haven't really made any claims other than the universe can be described to be like a living organism. But following that line of thought, any closed system can be like a living organism.

It's doesn't seem logically possible at all, there is just a superficial similarity in structure.
No offense to you or Reiku (you know I think you both are great guys), but I think you have spend just a little too much time talking to him. I don't recall you having these kind of ideas.. :shrug:

It's doesn't seem logically possible at all, there is just a superficial similarity in structure.
No offense to you or Reiku (you know I think you both are great guys), but I think you have spend just a little too much time talking to him. I don't recall you having these kind of ideas.. :shrug:

Hahaha. :eek: Well, I've got nothing else to say. Agree to disagree on the possibility of this theory, I suppose.

Back