Indian babythrow

Kadark:

You're right. I'm stumped. Clearly the Arabic speaking classical jurists have no claim to knowledge. Woe is me! :bawl:

Kadark:

You're right. I'm stumped. Clearly the Arabic speaking classical jurists have no claim to knowledge. Woe is me! :bawl:

Someday you will learn, Sam. Until that day, you will have to concede to my superiority and correctness. Don't throw the punches if you can't roll with the big boys.

Sam, Kadark, you are both correct.

Abortion as practiced in the US is forbidden, because merely not wanting a child is not a reason to abort a fetus, there must be a medical reason or in the case of rape it is permissible.

According to many scholars of Islam, a fetus at 40 days, or something similar, develops a heartbeat and becomes an organism, for which it is not allowed to be killed except some conditions.

Anyway, we are all Muslims, we do we have to fight over such a petty matters, everyone is entitled to differences.

Salaam brother,

check this link out:

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=12&ID=270&CATE=87

When it is permitted to have an abortion

The Shari’ah ruling on abortion:

Abortion can be divided into two stages:

a) Abortion after the soul (Ruh) enters the foetus

b) Abortion prior to the entry of the soul in to the foetus

Before mentioning the ruling on abortion with regards to these two stages, it must be remembered here, that according to Shari’ah the soul (Ruh) enters the foetus at 120 days (4 months) from conception.

The Jurists (Fuqaha) have based this duration upon a Qur’anic verse and a statement of the beloved of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace). In the verse Allah states the stages of development of the embryo in the womb of the mother. Allah Almighty says:

“And verily we did create man from a quintessence (of clay). Then we placed him (as a drop of sperm) in a place of rest, firmly fixed. Then we made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood. Then of that clot we made a (foetus) lump. Then we made out of that lump bones and clothed the bones with flesh. Then we developed out of it another creature (by breathing life into it). So blessed be Allah, the most marvellous creator” (Surah al-Mu’minun, 12/13/14).

In the Hadith recorded by the two most authentic authorities, Imam al-Bukhari and Imam Muslim in their respective Sahih collections, the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) discussed in detail the periods elapsing between these stages, mentioned by the Qur’an.

Abdullah ibn Mas’ud (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said:

“The seed of one of you remains in the womb of the mother for forty days in the form of a Nutfa (sperm). Then it remains like a clot for another forty days, and then for a same number of days like a lump of flesh (when the formation of the limbs and the growth of the bones begin) (Sahih al-Bukhari & Sahih Muslim).

The great Hanafi Faqeeh Ibn Abidin States in his Radd al-Muhtar:

“The soul enters the foutus at one hundred & twenty days (4 months), as established by the Hadith” (Radd al-Muhtar, 1/202)

The ruling on abortion in stage (a) i.e. after the entry of the soul into the foetus which is (as explained) 120 days, is that, it is totally impermissible and tantamount to murder, as it results in the taking out of an innocent life. All the scholars have unanimously condemned such a ghastly act.

Imam Ibn Tamiiyah states in his Fatawa collection:

“Aborting a foetus has been declared unlawful (Haram) with the consensus of all the Muslim scholars. It is similar to burying an infant alive as referred to by Allah Almighty in the verse of the Qur’an: “And when the female infant, buried alive, will be asked as to what crime she was killed for” (Surah al-Takwir, 8) (Fatawa Ibn Tamiyya, 4/217).

Ibn Abidin (Allah have Mercy on him) also states the prohibition of this gruesome act in his treatise ‘Radd al-Muhtar’:

“If a woman intends to abort her pregnancy, then the Fuqaha have said: If the period of the soul being blown into the foetus has elapsed, it will be impermissible” (Radd al-Muhtar, 5/276).

In conclusion, abortion after 120 days is totally unlawful and tantamount to murder. Some Fuqaha, however, have given a dispensation only in the situation where the mothers life is in certain danger. As far as abortion before the 120 days have elapsed is concerned, it will still be unlawful, though the sin will be of a lesser degree, and it will become permissible if there is a genuine and valid reason.

And Allah knows best

Thank you Ghost, that was what I remembered as well, but I don't have my books with me now.

It's funny how the pro-abortionist Muslims rely vehemently on opinionated scholars, political websites, and ticky-tacky hadiths to justify their reasoning. I'd like to see some Qur'anic references, but I see that is quickly becoming too heavy a burden.

The embryo is referred to as al-alaq in the Quran; the only clear distinction is in Surah al Alaq where the second ayat is

Khalaq al insaan min alaq

Man was created from an embryo.

Nowhere is an embryo stated to be equal to a walad or even a jenin (fetus), let alone a mudgah (leech like stage)

"Then we developed the drop into a hanging (embryo), then developed the hanging (embryo) into a bite-size (fetus), then created the bite-size (fetus) into bones, then covered the bones with flesh. We thus produce (Anshaa) a new creature. Most blessed is GOD, the best Creator." [23:14]

In verse 23:14, God described the creation of the human being from a tiny drop until he produced a new creature. The advocates of abortion in the first three months of pregnancy, consider the way God described the production of a new creature in this verse (by using the Arabic word Anshaa`) as their proof of the time when the soul joins the body of the fetus. On this basis, they claim that it is OK to kill the fetus before that, since he/she does not have a soul. They are missing many points here. First, abortion has nothing to do with the soul as we explained before. In abortion you kill the physical body of the fetus. You do not and cannot kill the soul. Therefore the time the soul joins the physical body is not important and irrelevant, and God never elaborated on it in the Qur'an. Second, the word (Anshaa`), in 23:14, is used exclusively in the Qur'an for the production or construction of a physical being, human or non-human, e.g. the humans, the trees, the clouds, communities etc. Please see 23:14,19,31,42; 6:141; 11:61 and 53:32. This word (Anshaa`) or its derivatives have never been used by God in the Qur'an to describe anything that has to do with the soul. To assure the believers, God used another word (Nafakha) repeatedly to describe the joining of the soul and the physical body. See 3:49, 5:110. 15:29, 21:91, 32:9, 39:72 and 66:12.

The use of the word (Anshaa`) to describe the new creature is referring to the physical body of the developing fetus and not to the soul. The fetus will look completely different then, compared with the way it started as a tiny drop. Check any embryology book to appreciate this vast difference.

Note also that God used the word (Anshaa`) four times in sura 23, to give the sincere believer the clue he/she needs.

http://www.guidedones.com/metapage/frq/abortion.htm

So you are using an interpretation of the word anshaa even though it is distinctly followed by the words "new creature"? Why?

The words are nutfa (ejaculate), alaq (clot like embryo), mudgah (chewed up substance or fetus) and ansha or baby.

It's funny how the pro-abortionist Muslims rely vehemently on opinionated scholars, political websites, and ticky-tacky hadiths to justify their reasoning. I'd like to see some Qur'anic references, but I see that is quickly becoming too heavy a burden.

Bruv, that’s a bit harsh. I didn't know much about abortion and just searched it on Sunnipath.com, a well established Sunni website with authentic scholars, you won’t find anything on there that goes against the Quran or Sunnah, there’s no politics on there. I'm not pro-abortion, I think it is wrong. Men and women should only be having sex when married and if they fall pregnant they should not abort, I would never allow that personally, no way. But in cases of rape it may be necessary. Even relationships out of marriage (where they have no intention of marrying), though these people are on the level of animals no one can tell the woman she has no right to abort (before the watershed).

At the end of the day, I'm not deciding what the Islamic view-point is. I am referring back to Sunni scholars. I cannot just use the Quran based on my own limited understanding. This is the way seeking knowledge in Islam is encouraged, you must attach yourself to those that have a better understanding of the Quran and hadiths (scholars of the Ahlus-Sunnah, those with Ijaza), you must constantly refer back to them. Just as the Companions during the time of the Prophet always came to him for explanations and clarification.

Anyway, this was from the link:

The Jurists (Fuqaha) have based this duration upon a Qur’anic verse and a statement of the beloved of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace). In the verse Allah states the stages of development of the embryo in the womb of the mother. Allah Almighty says:

“And verily we did create man from a quintessence (of clay). Then we placed him (as a drop of sperm) in a place of rest, firmly fixed. Then we made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood. Then of that clot we made a (foetus) lump. Then we made out of that lump bones and clothed the bones with flesh. Then we developed out of it another creature (by breathing life into it). So blessed be Allah, the most marvellous creator” (Surah al-Mu’minun, 12/13/14).

DH said:
Anyway, we are all Muslims, we do we have to fight over such a petty matters, everyone is entitled to differences.

Aaaaah! I am abashed! I shall BEHAVE! :grrrrrr:

See the meaning of the words in Arabic. :rolleyes:

I have. In fact, I've been ardently asking Arabic-speaking people throughout this entire conversation to verify my posts. It is you who made the outlandish statement, and it is I who attempted to make sense of your inaccuracies. Actually, your communication skills are at such gutter levels that I, amazingly, still don't understand your position on abortion.

Bruv, that’s a bit harsh. I didn't know much about abortion and just searched it on Sunnipath.com, a well established Sunni website with authentic scholars, you won’t find anything on there that goes against the Quran or Sunnah, there’s no politics on there. I'm not pro-abortion, I think it is wrong. Men and women should only be having sex when married and if they fall pregnant they should not abort, I would never allow that personally, no way. But in cases of rape it may be necessary. Even relationships out of marriage (where they have no intention of marrying), though these people are on the level of animals no one can tell the woman she has no right to abort (before the watershed).

At the end of the day, I'm not deciding what the Islamic view-point is. I am referring back to Sunni scholars. I cannot just use the Quran based on my own limited understanding. This is the way seeking knowledge in Islam is encouraged, you must attach yourself to those that have a better understanding of the Quran and hadiths (scholars of the Ahlus-Sunnah, those with Ijaza), you must constantly refer back to them. Just as the Companions during the time of the Prophet always came to him for explanations and clarification.

Anyway, this was from the link:

I respect your position fully. My comment wasn't generated towards you, anyway. I'm just a little disappointed in our fellow Muslims who will do anything to justify acts like abortion. They're weak, so they depend solely on a safety net.

This is bizarre, no matter how you slice it.

FIRST, if they asked these kids to volunteer then how many would? Well with peer pressure of courrse but of their own accord without their brains being controlled i would say probably ZERO. I am not making a statemant against India because all our minds are controlled- of course this is true. And, will always be true too.

Anyway, it is just odd how children have no say. I know this is because they cannotspeak but couldnt people envision what they would want? They wouldnt want to be thrown of of roofs.

And what about old people? Like over 60 being thrown off roofs like that. Why is that not done?

You have to understand that Indians live dangerously

1357826033_8ebd45501f_o.jpg

we don't have the same kind of risk averse society that you do.

Back