Is "anything truly possible " ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Moon can not become a Sun .

known laws of physics dictate that a moon that decays becomes matter that may then collect and turn into a sun
though, your literal philosophical debate concept of the label can not be a different label, is not physics.
it is philosophy manipulating conformity of physics laws to reverse engineer philosophical debate of literal logic debate, as speakpigion does.
not really my thing.
i prefer astrophysics to philosophical logic theory

note my apologies i did not realise this was in the philosophy section.

known laws of physics dictate that a moon that decays becomes matter that may then collect and turn into a sun
though, your literal philosophical debate concept of the label can not be a different label, is not physics.
it is philosophy manipulating conformity of physics laws to reverse engineer philosophical debate of literal logic debate, as speakpigion does.
not really my thing.
i prefer astrophysics to philosophical logic theory

note my apologies i did not realise this was in the philosophy section.

Okay .

But in the Moons present form it is not possible for the Moon to become a Sun .

Dave : leaning against goalpost, again :
river : picking up goalpost, running another hundred yards away, putting it down, and hollering back 'Oh yeah? Well what about now??'" :

river : picking up goalpost, running another hundred yards away, putting it down, and hollering back 'Oh yeah? Well what about now??'" :
:rolleyes: Don't tell me after the warning by James, he is still posting nonsense in the sciences sections? FMD, how stupid!

DaveC426913 said:

:rolleyes: Don't tell me after the warning by James, he is still posting nonsense in the sciences sections? FMD, how stupid!

The Moon in its present form will never become a Sun . pad .

So far there is no proof that any thing is possible .

Show I am wrong .

If something is actual, it seemingly must also be possible.

So, the simple fact that reality exists seems to imply the conclusion that something is possible.

But I sense that isn't what you mean. You seem to be saying that there's no proof that everything is possible.

And if that's what you mean, then I'm inclined to agree with you.

We encounter serious difficulties when we talk about the possibility of counter-factual states of affairs. (States of affairs that don't actually pertain, the way things might have been.) I don't think that anyone really knows how to assign modal terms like 'possible' or 'necessary' to those.

https://www.iep.utm.edu/mod-meta/

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/counterfactuals/

I guess it depends river, on how you define ''possible,'' and ''impossible.'' Our imaginations can lead us to thinking that ''anything'' is ''possible,'' but many ideas/concepts/things are not logically probable.

i just removed everyone from my ignore list except 2 members who i think may be incels judging by moderators comments.

possible & anything may start to get mixed up

I guess it depends river, on how you define ''possible,'' and ''impossible.'' Our imaginations can lead us to thinking that ''anything'' is ''possible,'' but many ideas/concepts/things are not logically probable.

Nor reasonable . So the probability becomes zero . Hence not possible .

if everything must exist, then the existence of everything at least must be possible.

and non existence can't exist, as it is the non existence of non existence.

so, everything must exist, because the non existence of anything can not exist.

Therefore is " anything is possible " a true statement ?
If you mean "is the logically impossible possible", then no. The logically impossible is a contradiction. There can be no such thing as a square circle, because squares and circles have definitions that are mutually exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back