Is Buddhism a Failure?

Arsalan:

No idea, its all gibberish to me anyway. Btw, DH has declared you're not a Muslim :D

It wouldnt be the first time someone declared me a non-Muslim :D

PS you might want to take a gander at JustLovely's history of posting [rubbish]

Interesting. I also saw some thread about Qadianis being started and then locked for preaching or something. I had to laugh at what the idiot was trying to say, about Ahmadis praying to the Prophet instead of to God. Funny and sad

Buddhism is a success in that it strives not to become a thing of worship. All other faiths have failed in this regard, and this why ten thousand years from now there will still be Buddhists.
in many ways, this is a very insightful post.

It wouldnt be the first time someone declared me a non-Muslim :D

get in line :D

Interesting. I also saw some thread about Qadianis being started and then locked for preaching or something. I had to laugh at what the idiot was trying to say, about Ahmadis praying to the Prophet instead of to God. Funny and sad

Yeah, he sounds like a complete moron. :spank:

Thats probably why their suicide levels are higher. They transcend everything, including life.

Interesting posts by DH regarding my community. I may have to reply. Dunno if I should as it may be constituted as preaching....

How do you measure the relevance of any social institution?

By how much it lives up to its original purpose ? But that ignores the overall purpose of social institutions, which would be to better human life I guess.

SAM said:
Success is usually measured by relevance.
You sure it isn't actually "relevance is usually measured by success"?

IIRC at least some Buddhists regard Islam (and Abrahamic theisms in general) as one of the paths of enlightenment. So you guys are all Buddhists, and exemplify Buddhist success to the extent you are successful,

at whatever it is you're doing.

You sure it isn't actually "relevance is usually measured by success"?

IIRC at least some Buddhists regard Islam (and Abrahamic theisms in general) as one of the paths of enlightenment. So you guys are all Buddhists, and exemplify Buddhist success to the extent you are successful,

at whatever it is you're doing.

And according to what I understand, Islamic teaching accepts Buddha as a Prophet of God. So yes, in a sense Muslims are Buddhists :p

Using the term Buddhists seems contradictory to the notion that followers of the Pali canon do not worship the man that derived the path. Its like saying Mohammedans for followers of Islam.

The correct term should denote they follow the rules of Buddhism not the man who revealed them.

So basically you are basing the denial of an entire group of people as Muslims because of what some scholars have said.

Not just any scholars, these are the greatest scholars to have ever arisen among the Muslims. That community which does not respect its scholars will never be successful. It results in people with complete lack of knowledge pronouncing baseless fatawa (religious opinions), without taking into account the words of the Quran and Sunnat.

Whats the difference between you believing what some scholars say about Mohammed and how the Quran should be interpreted and the Qadianis beliving what some other scholars say about Mohammed and how the Quran should be interpreted? Both of you are choosing some other person to tell you what to believe. The Qadianis call you kafir and you call them kafir. Again, whats the difference between the two?

Muslims follow the words of the Quran completely, and judge according to it. The Quran states clearly that the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is the final messenger of God. Please refer to my previous post. Furthermore Islam is not complete without the Sunnat, following the Prophet is following God:

”But nay, by thy Lord, they will not believe (in truth) until they make thee [Muhammad s.a.w.] judge of what is in dispute between them and find within themselves no dislike of that which thou decidest, and submit with full submission” (An-Nisaa’: 65)

“And obey Allah and the Messenger, that ye may find mercy” (Aal `Imran: 132).

I would say that anyone who has taken it upon himself to declare if anyone is a Muslim or not has missed the most important basis of Islam. Its about God, not Mohammed. Islam says all the prophets from the beginning of time came with the same message. That everyone is born Muslim. Make no distinction between the prophets, Mohammed is only a messenger, etc. That if anyone is a disbeliever in God you read Qul ya ayyohal kaafiroon and let him go his way. And yet you would deny someone Islam because he has ideas about Mohammed that disagree with yours. Or interprets the Quran differently from you.

It is not my right to judge who is Muslim or who is not. It is the right of Allah swt. I have backed all my evidences from the Quran itself. Quran also says:

"Who can be more wicked than one who inventeth a lie against Allah, or saith, "I have received inspiration," when he hath received none, or (again) who saith, "I can reveal the like of what Allah hath revealed"? If thou couldst but see how the wicked (do fare) in the flood of confusion at death! - the angels stretch forth their hands, (saying),"Yield up your souls: this day shall ye receive your reward,- a penalty of shame, for that ye used to tell lies against Allah, and scornfully to reject of His signs!" (6:93)

I'm not interested in the Qadiani's declarations. Even the Wahabis think they have perfected the religion with Abdul Wahab.

Wahhabis don't declare to believe in a Prophet after the Prophet Muhammad (peace be to him). Auzubillah.

But surely anyone who has read the Quran knows that you are not responsible for anyone elses religion.

Which word in the shahadah tells you of the finality of prophethood?

Mankind is the Khalifat of Allah swt. We do not judge by our whims, we judge form what Allah swt has revealed. From the perspective of the Quran, anyone who believes in a prophet after Sayyidina Rasool Paak Muhammad (peace be upon him), he is not a Muslim. The Quran states this, not I.

All your descriptions tell me is that this must be the reason why the Prophet never wanted anyone to write down the Hadiths. When other people's beliefs define religion, its easy enough to stray rather than use your own brain and think. Note that perfecting your religion implies using your eyes, ears and brain as other suras in the Quran have described. There are no suras which say: and let other people tell you who is Muslim.

The Quran lays out strict criteria as to who is a Muslim. Those who follow a portion of the Quran and reject another portion, they are indeed in error. Furthermore, those who reject the finality of the Prophethood of Muhammad (peace be upon him), they can never be classified as Muslims, if we use obedience to the Quran as the main criterion of who is Muslim and who is not.

Furthermore, the vast majority of the world's Muslims follow the Sunnah (Hadith) and we also respect the opinions of our learned scholars. You are free to judge whichever way you wish, yet the proper methodology of judging religious differences is to find proof from the Quran and the Sunnah to support one's view. If one espouses a position foreign to what the Quran, or what the Sunnah espouse, this person is in error.

Its a pity really, to support religious ostracism of people because they believe differently. Let them call themselves Muslim or non-Muslim. Whether they are right or wrong, its not upto any person to decide.

Its up to Allah swt to decide. The Quran is the ruler we use to measure a Muslim. Anyone who rejects the basic message of the Quran can never be qualified as a Muslim.

The final verdict: the Ahmadiyya cannot be Muslim as their basic aqeedah (belief) contradicts the Quran. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was the last prophet 'Khatam an Nabuwwat' (end of prophethood, Quran).

Using the term Buddhists seems contradictory to the notion that followers of the Pali canon do not worship the man that derived the path. Its like saying Mohammedans for followers of Islam.

The correct term should denote they follow the rules of Buddhism not the man who revealed them.

Post 253

By how much it lives up to its original purpose ? But that ignores the overall purpose of social institutions, which would be to better human life I guess.

The overall purpose of social institutions is to strengthen social structure. So the relevance of any social institution would be based on its contribution to the maintenance of social stability and whether its absence would lead to a deterioration of that structure.

Back