Jesus

As an atheist, I agree fully.
But none of this describes true civilization.
So, what civilization actually is, doesn't qualify as 'civilization'.
True civilization - as distinct from real civilization - is something that it isn't, and has never been, but you wish it were.

Okay, let's move on from there and follow on with...

If God was restricted to a human body how would anyone know that he is actually God?
I would be willing to bet on the probability that if God revealed himself as a human again, they'd string him up just like the first time.

Humans are not a civilized race. The Bonobo Chimpanzee is considerably more civilized than humans. The Honey Bee is considerably more civilized than humans.
Humans are about at the level of the common Chimpanzee. Smart, but not very kind to its fellow earth inhabitants.

So, what civilization actually is, doesn't qualify as 'civilization'.
True civilization - as distinct from real civilization - is something that it isn't, and has never been, but you wish it were.
Right. We know how to be civilized, we just don't practice it, never have with some notable exceptions.

I would be willing to bet on the probability that if God revealed himself as a human again, they'd string him up just like the first time.

Humans are not a civilized race. The Bonobo Chimpanzee is considerably more civilized than humans. The Honey Bee is considerably more civilized than humans.
Humans are about at the level of the common Chimpanzee. Smart, but not very kind to its fellow earth inhabitants.
What if "they" couldn't this time? Why would God want people to know he is God in the first place(in a human being context of God)?

EDIT: Why would "God" want this humanistic view they call God. Toxic role.

What if "they" couldn't this time? Why would God want people to know he is God in the first place(in a human being context of God)?

EDIT: Why would "God" want this humanistic view they call God. Toxic role.
Regardless, humans are not civilized. We may not be until after the Holocene extinction teaches us you can't fool with Mother Nature. Unlike God, Mother Nature will punish you for wanton behavior.

Regardless, humans are not civilized. We may not be until after the Holocene extinction teaches us you can't fool with Mother Nature. Unlike God, Mother Nature will punish you for wanton behavior.
You remind me of Poison Ivy all the time now I think of it! You sure you're not a girl?

Ultimately God isn't real to you. That doesn't mean he is unreal to other people.
Their delusion is not my concern...
...until they use it to oppress others...
...which they invariably do.

I think belief in yourself is greater, and assume you have that?
Yes, I know, based on empirical evidence, that I exist.
What I know about gods is contained entirely in the stories other people tell about them.
I suspect I'm familiar with more stories about more gods than you are.

Back