john titor-time traveller?

If travelling close to the speed of light increases an objects density, then it would be very improbable that a person could do it. Pilots can pass out in the gravity created by a high-speed turn in an aircraft, so travelling at the speeds mentioned seem unlikely. he mentions 2G's, which seems low to me. Then again I'm no astrophysics expert.

Originally posted by Mucker
Ertai, even in if it was possible to travel in time, i.e. by travelling faster than light something can travel in time, it would disappear from the machine, only to reappear at that point in time, only while the machine was travelling at that speed. The faster the spin, the further back in time it would travel, but as the machine slows down, the object/person would disappear form that time, and reappear in this time again. This means that it would be very hard to devise a machine that allows a person to leave it (to write internet pages) at those speeds!! I will look into what this man writes though.

For what I see...
Almost no one in this thread actually had time to read all that John Titor said..

Im just here saying that indeed is ideas are great..
He must be a great science fiction writer, I take his story as just a Sci-fi Story with interesting speculative future tech

Now.. neither his time machine exceeds Light Speed..

Neither there is the timetravel paradox since he says there are multiple universes and when he comes back his universe will be only 0.0001% different..

He explained that brilliantly, Im really into physics and he does explain it simply using a theory of a known scientist (cant remember the name now) that theorically can permit such timetravels..

Stephen Hawking's Chrono Protection is just as speculative as John Titor's Story..
cause there is no backup data to prove that..

There can be a lot of universe time models that dont need this chrono protection crap... We can have multiple infinite universes that avoid the paradox thing (Titor defends this)
and we can have the paradox one (probably the most unlogical one)

Anyway.. look into Titor's story and Dont try to debunk it with pseudo-debunkers..

And remember... Its only a damn Story!!!
just discuss the ideas as If it was a sci-fi book story..

An excellent story it is (as fiction that is)
He relay did his homework.
I was just stating what I know about time travel.

Also
@Sefter
Mass*Acceleration=Force
Only during acceleration are g-forces produced and felt. One a pilot reaches any speed and keeps a constant velocity without turning he feels normal G(s). That is why we do not feel the earth turning (the acceleration is low-none). If you keep a steady reasonable rate of acceleration one can reach great speeds with little gravitational force.

@ Ertai
The Chronology Protection Conjecture is in my mind pure bullshit.
It is just a theory and so is mine.
Anyhow time travel has its lot of paradoxes but his explanation was creative.

All in all, was he from the future or was it all a tale... You be the judge.

Back