Let's all have a big fight over my mortal soul.

I'm pretty sure that his criticism is against christianism/judaism/islamism

but in the end, what he is doing is refute the creationist argument, so i suppose that can be applied to any religion that believes a god created everything

I'm sorry, how does he do that? Recall that this is a scientific question he is addressing.

Do they even bother? Most of them just cluck over it and overlook it or grumble among themselves; if you've been around this board, you'll have noticed that scientists are a major casualty.

This seems to be the unfortunate fact of the matter, yes.

... I thought you had read the books :confused:

I'll explain it to you, if you want

All I see is a panicmonger, who decides what his idea of God is, applies it liberally to everyone else, couches his atheistic propaganda in pseudo-scientific terms to give them credibility and then cashes in on the resultant panic.

do you want me to repeat what he wrote in his book? didn't you read it?:bugeye:

Its a very simple question.

How does Dawkins scientifically back up his claim of no God. Recall again that this is a scientific question he is addressing.

All I see is a panicmonger, who decides what his idea of God is, applies it liberally to everyone else, couches his atheistic propaganda in pseudo-scientific terms to give them credibility and then cashes in on the process.

he is usually makes it pretty clear that he is talking about the god of christianism/judaism/islamism, maybe your already biased mind against him doesn't allow you to pay attention to such details

about cashing in, that's great, he is not fooling anyone for their money, he is writing stuff tha people want to read... he writes books that sell a lot, I wish i could do the same, i'd be set for life

Alright, let me make it clearer

Claim: religion is bad

Just provide evidence that:
no religion is better

it is possible that your intentions are good
i hope events bear that out

that quote is a classic case of a troll
that is not the issue at hand
i have now been transposed to a sandy beach in maui and am playing volleyball. in the nude

kindly focus

When I hear complaints about religious evangelism from atheists I always look at their persistence in "educating" some of the theists and wonder why they complain.

consider the fucking implications of what you are defending. show me how and why you place them on an equal footing

do it!

How does Dawkins scientifically back up his claim of no God. Recall again that this is a scientific question he is addressing.

basicaly, as estatistically unlikely as might be an entity that you are trying to explain through a creator, the creator itself has to be at least equaly as unlikely as it

He cant back that claim up, he is relying on his personal knowledge but how can that be good enough? By the same logic he would conclude that evolution never happened as it pertains to living organisms.

consider the fucking implications of what you are defending. show me how and why you place them on an equal footing

do it!

I thinks people who force their beliefs on others are all equally oppressive.

I have yet to see a rational atheist on this board.

edit: correction, I forgot spurious.

If they represent the indisputable truth there's nothing wrong with forcing them on people.

And there's the rub.

Back