Marian Catholicism: The Last Living Religion

Bourgeoise: it is a book of fables, legends, just like easops fables, and arabian (1001) nights.
You believe in a book that has talking animals, wizards, witches, demons, sticks turning into snakes, food falling from the sky, people walking on water, and all sorts of magical, absurd and primitive stories, and you say that we are the ones that should not refute it?”
You are an intelligent human being. Your life is valuable for its own sake. You are not second-class in the universe, deriving meaning and purpose from some other mind. You are not inherently evil -- you are inherently human, possessing the positive rational potential to help make this a world of morality, peace and joy. Trust yourself.

mis-t-highs said:
Bourgeoisie: it is a book of fables, legends, just like easops fables, and arabian (1001) nights.
You believe in a book that has talking animals, wizards, witches, demons, sticks turning into snakes, food falling from the sky, people walking on water, and all sorts of magical, absurd and primitive stories,
I know. It is not easy to believe. But I do believe the Bible has mostly good messages. Like treat your neighbor with love and respect. Also, treat everyone in need as you would your neighbor.
mis-t-highs said:
and you say that we are the ones that should not refute it?”
I never said that. His argument was flawed and I pointed out the flaw. I don't believe the bible was a rip off of some other book. Aside from this argument, I believe it is the word of God so far as it is translated correctly. But, that is not the point I was making.
mis-t-highs said:
You are an intelligent human being.
I agree.
mis-t-highs said:
Your life is valuable for its own sake. You are not second-class in the universe, deriving meaning and purpose from some other mind.
I believe you are correct here too
mis-t-highs said:
You are not inherently evil -- you are inherently human, possessing the positive rational potential to help make this a world of morality, peace and joy. Trust yourself.
I do not believe in original sin. I am a Christian but not catholic or protestant. So many of the crazy ideas associated with those groups are not mine. I have crazy ideas that are all my own. :D

easops fables, and arabian nights, have moral content, as does the atheist/Humanist Manifesto, being at least on a par with the Christians' Golden Rule and the Ethics of Reciprocity of other religions.: "
" We affirm that moral values derive their source from human experience. Ethics is autonomous and situational needing no theological or ideological sanction. Ethics stems from human need and interest."
"critical intelligence, infused by a sense of human caring, is the best method that humanity has for resolving problems. Reason should be balanced with compassion and empathy and the whole person fulfilled."

mis-t-highs said:
easops fables, and arabian nights, have moral content, as does the atheist/Humanist Manifesto, being at least on a par with the Christians' Golden Rule and the Ethics of Reciprocity of other religions.: "
" We affirm that moral values derive their source from human experience. Ethics is autonomous and situational needing no theological or ideological sanction. Ethics stems from human need and interest."
"critical intelligence, infused by a sense of human caring, is the best method that humanity has for resolving problems. Reason should be balanced with compassion and empathy and the whole person fulfilled."
Super! You have enriched me. So...What?

Back