Michael Phelps on hot seat for controversial photo

True, but they still probably have to appear in court and pay court costs...which to me is fuckin stupid. If you have to appear in court and do not get convicted of anything, you should not have to pay court costs.
Actually, I would say that if the police detain anyone and it doesn't result in a conviction, the police should have to pay the victim $5.15/hour for every hour they were detained, or however much money being detained cost the person (for example if it prevented them from going to work that day), whichever is more.

Actually, I would say that if the police detain anyone and it doesn't result in a conviction, the police should have to pay the victim $5.15/hour for every hour they were detained, or however much money being detained cost the person (for example if it prevented them from going to work that day), whichever is more.

I agree totally. But I'm speculating that at least once in the history of the U.S., an innocent detainee probably has filed a lawsuit against a police department for doing just that.
Believe me, I'd file a lawsuit in a heart beat if a PD did some shit like that to me.

We should make a T-shirt:

"If you smoke dope, you could end up a loser like Phelps."

On the back side:

"...and if you do coke, you could be the president too."

Here, I just designed it:

ermkcp.png

Last edited:
They very commonly arrest people for things that they never even bother pressing charges on, let alone actually convicting the person at trial. ....

don't forget 'drunk in public' They can walk into a bar and randomly arrest drunks.

We should make a T-shirt:

"If you smoke dope, you could end up a loser like Phelps."

On the back side:

"...and if you do coke, you could be the president too."

Here, I just designed it:

ermkcp.png

certainly true with the past two presidents.. although it got played down more with Bush... who more than likely did a lot more coke than Obama seeing as he has a fatter wallet

Hey ... How do I order one ..:)

I made it using uberprints.com

Actually pretty cheap, $15 per piece...

so him saying he did isn't proof that he did. Only a conviction is proof?

He was foolish to have admitted to smoking anything. But since he has he sealed his own fate. I was only talking about if he hadn't said what he did he would have not been in the trouble he is now.

It would have made him a liar then, huh? :mad:

Yes, but if he would have said nothing then how could he be labeled a liar?

Eek. You guys seem to be a little confused on the law. Michael will probably not get into any legal trouble for this at all. A confession doesn't seem to be enough to convict someone, if it's out of court.

You can't sue someone for lost wages. End of story. Maybe the minimum wage thing would work. Although your 5.15 is WAY outdated :roflmao: It's at 7.30 here in Ohio according to my friend who's working minimum wage. Anyone feel like telling me if that's nation wide?

You can't sue someone for lost wages. End of story. Maybe the minimum wage thing would work. Although your 5.15 is WAY outdated :roflmao: It's at 7.30 here in Ohio according to my friend who's working minimum wage. Anyone feel like telling me if that's nation wide?

Of course you can. You can sue anyone for anything you want to sue them for.

Hmm. At first I was going to say, "Shit. I mean you won't win." But now that I think about it, you might actually not be able to sue someone for lost wages.

I think it around $9.50 here...nope $9.85 now as of the first of the year

UPDATE:

Olympic hero Michael Phelps was suspended from competitive swimming for three months on Thursday -- just hours after one of his sponsors announced it would not renew his contract after a photo surfaced of him smoking from a bong.

Michael Phelps admitted "regrettable behavior" after a photo of him smoking from a bong was published.

USA Swimming, the nation's governing body for competitive swimming, said it was withdrawing financial support for Phelps and barring him from competition during the period of his "reprimand."

"This is not a situation where any anti-doping rule was violated, but we decided to send a strong message to Michael because he disappointed so many people, particularly the hundreds of thousands of USA Swimming-member kids who look up to him as a role model and a hero," they said in a statement.

"Michael has voluntarily accepted this reprimand and has committed to earn back our trust," the statement continued.

Earlier Thursday, Kellogg Co. said it will not renew Phelps' advertising contract.

"Michael's most recent behavior is not consistent with the image of Kellogg," company spokeswoman Susanne Norwitz said. "His contract expires at the end of February, and we have made a decision not to extend his contract."...

Kellogg Co. said it will not renew Phelps' advertising contract

I'm not buying any more Kellogg products

No I don't do drugs. I may take a medical herb ever once in a awhile. But I am going to stick with Post and General Mills products. Fuck kelloggs

Back