Mystery Illness Killing Children

@Asguard: "China isn't south east Asia, its as far NORTH Asia as you can get, singapore, Malaysia, the Philippines and Indoneasia are south east Asia".
Siberia is north of China. Also, "Asia" means the continent only. The islands you refer to are known collectively as Oceania. "Southeast Asia" is Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Burma, Singapore, and I suppose we get to count Malaysia because half of it is in Asia.

This is exactly the same way we do NOT count Cuba, Puerto Rico, Haiti, etc., as being in North America.

On the other hand, the British Isles and Iceland are often counted as parts of Europe, so there's no consistency in geographic naming conventions.
Do you mean foot in mouth disease?
No, hoof-and-mouth disease (its usual name since it is a disease of livestock) is a different disease.

Siberia is north of China. Also, "Asia" means the continent only. The islands you refer to are known collectively as Oceania. "Southeast Asia" is Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Burma, Singapore, and I suppose we get to count Malaysia because half of it is in Asia.

This is exactly the same way we do NOT count Cuba, Puerto Rico, Haiti, etc., as being in North America.

On the other hand, the British Isles and Iceland are often counted as parts of Europe, so there's no consistency in geographic naming conventions.No, hoof-and-mouth disease (its usual name since it is a disease of livestock) is a different disease.

That was my post FR I just deleted it when I realised he had actually said SOUTH not south east, however I believe your wrong. Oceaina is used to refer to Australia and NZ and the islands we administer NOT indoneasia. It's a political divide or a cultural one not a geogrphaphic one. Indoneasia is classed as SEA along with Malaysia, Singapore etc because there heritage is Asian not western

Back