Our attitude concerning mockery of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon

I am offering on the other hand to read a copy of quran and the prophet's saying.

Standing on one leg with a bag over your head flapping your arms and screaming like a chicken will produce pretty much the same results.

;)

I hear the Europeans are banning or have banned the veil, do not want sharia and are against mosques and Islamic values by Muslims. They want the freedom to make caricatures of teh Prophet while flushing the Quran or tearing it.

Yet, they consider the reverse of these actions in some Muslim countries to be repression of religious freedom.

So what is it? Is it repression or isn't it?

I hear the Europeans are banning or have banned the veil, do not want sharia and are against mosques and Islamic values by Muslims. They want the freedom to make caricatures of teh Prophet while flushing the Quran or tearing it.

Yet, they consider the reverse of these actions in some Muslim countries to be repression of religious freedom.

So what is it? Is it repression or isn't it?

Maybe the Europeans simply don't want to relive the dark ages.

Maybe the Europeans simply don't want to relive the dark ages.

You mean like the Holocaust? The Gulags? The Crusades?

Because as far as I know, the peak of Islamic rule was accompanied by the most advances in education and knowledge in the region.

Anyway, is it repression of religious freedom or isn't it?

One can hardly fault Europeans for taking their lessons from islamic countries, Sam. There is really no comparison between discrimination against muslims in the West and non-muslims in the East. When the first person in Europe is executed or jailed for converting from Christianity, Judaism or secularism, let me know.

Last I hear, 60,000-70,000 Muslims were being held without detention and were being tortured by desecration of the Quran, among other not so nonviolent methods. Two countries had been destroyed and were under occupation and millions of dead were classified under "we don't do body counts"

No more than CIA death squads or 3572 air raids in Afghanistan last year or the million killed in Iraq or the ones supplying 50% of the worlds arms or... but you get the picture

Your dodge isn't working. Try to focus on the thread topic, mockery of the Prophet.

The Brussels Journal said:
Jihad Against Danish Newspaper

Islam is no laughing matter. The Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten is being protected by security guards and several cartoonists have gone into hiding after the newspaper published a series of twelve cartoons (see them all here, halfway the article) about the prophet Muhammad. According to the Islam it is blasphemous to make images of the prophet. Muslim fundamentalists have threatened to bomb the paper’s offices and kill the cartoonists.,,,

Time to answer the on topic questions now. Do you condone these murderous tactics in order to abridge the free speech rights of the newspaper and it's cartoonists? Yes or no? Do you specifically condone such terror or not? Yes or no? Tell us right here and now that you denounce such violence. We're waiting!

Your dodge isn't working. Try to focus on the thread topic, mockery of the Prophet.

Time to answer the on topic questions now. Do you condone these murderous tactics in order to abridge the free speech rights of the newspaper and it's cartoonists? Yes or no? Do you specifically condone such terror or not? Yes or no? Tell us right here and now that you denounce such violence. We're waiting!

No more than I condone a country being bombed for seven years because they asked for evidence before handing over a refugee.

No more than I condone the Quran being flushed down toilets to torture tens of thousands of men (some of whom died under torture) who had been held for years in solitary confinement without charges or recourse to justice.

To me they are all the same kind of low savage.

No more than I condone the Quran being flushed down toilets to torture tens of thousands of men...

Spoken like a true religious fanatic. Equate a single book of scriptures to the lives of humans. You've now justified any violence you wish to deploy at your whim. Congratulations. :bravo::yay:

Spoken like a true religious fanatic. Equate a single book of scriptures to the lives of humans. You've now justified any violence you wish to deploy at your whim. Congratulations. :bravo::yay:

Men were tortured to death. Tens of thousands are still being held. Those are also people.

Notice however, that no one is questioning their freedom of expression, or even freedom

When I compared Islam and Scientology in another thread - some Musims here had no problem openly stateing, as fact, that Scientology`s founder was not a Prophet but a petty science fiction writter simply out to make money off the gulible. Oh, this is fine and fare. It obvious. Right. Only an idiot would beleive in Xenu the Intergalactic OverLord.... These same people are in this thread telling us we can`t insult their Prophet.

Hypocrites

I`m 100% positive that if Scientologists really started migrating to Islamic countries and pushing for speacial rights (all while openingly teaching their children and Muslim-to-Scientology converts that Mohammad was a fraud) that if some cartoons were made or some movie made about Ron Hubbard and how he was the real freud - no way in hell would any Muslim here complain. Heck, they`d probably be all for it. Why do I say that - because Muslims here have said exactly as much.

The same song and dance.

See here, there is no more or no less evidence that Mohammad was a Prophet than Ron was a Prophet.
They are equal.
We all agree to this - there is no scientific evidence that either had a connection with a God or a Xenu, over that they had a mental problem then that they were both scammers. Any and all could be correct because no evidence exists one way or the other.
There is no more or less evidence that The Qur`an is perfect than Dynentics is perfect. It`s all in the dillusional mind of the people who believe one or the other. We`ve already all agreed neither offers anything new. Scientology`s Universality (YES Scientolgoy is a Universal beleif) is not much more of an improvement to the notion, than Islams more simple version was over that of the Polytheistic Arab`s beliefs. We all agree the concept of Universality had been taught for well over 1000 years before the birth of Mohammad.

So? Is this OK? If I make a movie saying as much do I have to fear for my life? Well, no if it:s about Ron Hubbard (see South Park) but YES I do if it`s about Mohammad (see Comics, Movie, Books, etc...).

Why?

Why are Muslims so more apt to act violently?
Why is Islam concidered a violent religion?

Can we discuss why? Is that OK? Is it OK if we talk about Mohammad when we discuss the why? Is that OK?

Is it alright to talk about Mohammad excesive polygamy? Potential slave ownership? historically accepted acts of murder? the general view that some concepts in the Qur`an are backwards, such as the notion that people can and should be discriminated by personal beleif? Can we discuss those things? Can we make fun of Mohammad? Is it OK to draw a picture showing a 50+ old man spying a young 9-13 year old aisha playing with dollys and the two of them going off to bed together? Is that a valid comment to make? Can we?

Or is that going to piss off someone? Just like suggesting Ron was a scam artist. Maybe Muslims who suggest as much diserve a violent responce from Scientologists???

Please,
Michael

Be more productive to discuss why Muslims are being detained without charge and tortured to death while being bombed for years as a more probable cause for their anger.

And the fact that the Quran is being desecrated and their Prophet mocked at the same time, that movies against the Quran being released as a possible reason why they view it as a war against Muslims.

Especially when the same people are involved in both cases, either in the torture or in the bombing.

Also, the Muslim who spoke out against Scientology, does he have any plans to publish caricatures of Ron Hubbard? Or support anyone who does?

Last edited:
Be more productive to discuss why Muslims are being detained without charge and tortured to death while being bombed for years as a more probable cause for their anger.
I think I`ve been clear over the years, pre war up to now, I am against the war. I want the USA to pull out 100%. Today if possible.

And the fact that the Quran is being desecrated and their Prophet mocked at the same time, that movies against the Quran being released as a possible reason why they view it as a war against Muslims.
Is it OK or not? During war I am not allowed to critize Bush? Sound`s like a Republican.

Also, the Muslim who spoke out against Scientology, does he have any plans to publish caricatures of Ron Hubbard? Or support anyone who does?
Are you excuse making???

He didn`t speak out. He called it a scam and said the Prophet was a science fiction scam artist making money off the gulible.

[actually what do you mean "speak out" are you an anti-Scientologist SAM?!?!? Don't you repect their belief??? You should be defending them in the ME.]

Scientoloy is a pretty small thing in the ME and the number of Muslim converts is pretty small comparitively so it`s not on the radar .. like other religions...

blood%20libel_cartoon.gif

pope-Jew_cartoon.gif

Cartoons say a lot. The fact is even a Mongolian can understand this cartoon.

islam_tolerance.jpg

I think I`ve been clear over the years, pre war up to now, I am against the war. I want the USA to pull out 100%. Today if possible.

We are talking about the Afghan war/occupation, of which I recall you to be an avid supporter and even endorser. Most people in Gitmo are Afghans, Iraqis are held in Abu Ghraib.

When I compared Islam and Scientology in another thread - some Musims here had no problem openly stateing, as fact, that Scientology`s founder was not a Prophet but a petty science fiction writter simply out to make money off the gulible. Oh, this is fine and fare. It obvious. Right. Only an idiot would beleive in Xenu the Intergalactic OverLord.... These same people are in this thread telling us we can`t insult their Prophet.

May I ask who those were? Did they state their opinion or did they want to enforce that opinion on the scientoglogists? Did they express their opinion on Mr. Hubbard not being a Prophet just like Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus and Sikhs dont believe the Prophet to be a real Prophet?

I`m 100% positive that if Scientologists really started migrating to Islamic countries and pushing for speacial rights (all while openingly teaching their children and Muslim-to-Scientology converts that Mohammad was a fraud) that if some cartoons were made or some movie made about Ron Hubbard and how he was the real freud - no way in hell would any Muslim here complain. Heck, they`d probably be all for it. Why do I say that - because Muslims here have said exactly as much.

Some time ago, a Christian friend of an Imam of one of our Mosques in Pakistan wanted to get some donatuons to research and write a book about how Islam was wrong and a fraud and the Prophet as well. The Imam not only donated but funded him. When asked why the Imam said: "I have faith. This man cannot disprove the truth." Now here you have a situation of an Imam funding a research by a Christian against Islam. Well, whoda thunk it eh?

See here, there is no more or no less evidence that Mohammad was a Prophet than Ron was a Prophet.
They are equal.
We all agree to this - there is no scientific evidence that either had a connection with a God or a Xenu, over that they had a mental problem then that they were both scammers. Any and all could be correct because no evidence exists one way or the other.

No evidence exists or do you just not want to see it?

There is no more or less evidence that The Qur`an is perfect than Dynentics is perfect. It`s all in the dillusional mind of the people who believe one or the other. We`ve already all agreed neither offers anything new.

We have now? I have told you things that the Quran taught in a completely new perective.

Scientology`s Universality (YES Scientolgoy is a Universal beleif) is not much more of an improvement to the notion, than Islams more simple version was over that of the Polytheistic Arab`s beliefs. We all agree the concept of Universality had been taught for well over 1000 years before the birth of Mohammad.

No one said the concept of Universality was new. Rather the perspective on the context was new.

So? Is this OK? If I make a movie saying as much do I have to fear for my life? Well, no if it:s about Ron Hubbard (see South Park) but YES I do if it`s about Mohammad (see Comics, Movie, Books, etc...).

Dont forget South Park chickened out and only gave the names of "John Smith" and "Jane Smith" instead of the real names of the makers otherwise there would have been lawsuits galore.

Why?

Why are Muslims so more apt to act violently?
Why is Islam concidered a violent religion?

Muslims are not a race. If they were then inciting hatred against a race is racism and this Dutch politician should face the consequences for that. Islam is a culture-independent religion.

Islam is considered a violent religion only in the minds of those misled by the Western Media. That is the cold hard truth of it. But, thankfully, those people are in the minority. I dont dare to think what would happen if they actually got in power. I dont want to invoke Godwins law so ill just stop here.

Can we discuss why? Is that OK? Is it OK if we talk about Mohammad when we discuss the why? Is that OK?

Ofcourse its ok. Who here said it wasnt? In act, is there anything else you do besides those things ;) Just because we disagree doesnt mean we arent saying discussing it isnt ok.

Is it alright to talk about Mohammad excesive polygamy?

Ofcourse, but wed disagree. and not just because of the lack of a lot of children.

Potential slave ownership?

This discussions dead now isnt it?

historically accepted acts of murder?

Historically? by whom? Once again, wed disagree but discussion is fine.

the general view that some concepts in the Qur`an are backwards, such as the notion that people can and should be discriminated by personal beleif?

Discrimination? Ive explained to you why the Jizya tax was there. What problems do you still have with it?

Can we discuss those things?

Do we do anything else?

Can we make fun of Mohammad? Is it OK to draw a picture showing a 50+ old man spying a young 9-13 year old aisha playing with dollys and the two of them going off to bed together? Is that a valid comment to make? Can we?

I;d prefer it if you wouldnt, but in the end its up to you. Just like the Prophet never allowed people who called him names to be harmed Muslims arent allowed to attack or kill just because someone says something. Discussion is most productive in a arena of common respect. And that is what this nazi Wilders doesnt understand. If he actually wanted a discussion about all these things, he would go on a show and have this discussion with Islamic scholars. But what does he prefer to do instead? A monologue in which he will undoubtedly use all the verses Sandy gave and which I have refuted in that other thread. And to top it all of, he wants to burn a book considerd sacred by over a billion people worldwide on national television and proclaim that eeryone belonging to a certain religion will spell the doom of his country and that Muslims are this and that. Well, ill stop before Godwins law is invoked again. That my friend, is not a discussion. It is a provocation, pure and simple. I suggest people around here read up on the laws regarding provocation. And instead of wasting our time talking about what an iranian said to a Dutch about a film thats not even out yet, let alone banned, lets work to get movies that are already banned, unbanned. After all, we wan our precious freedom of speech, right? Lets start by getting Visions of Ecstasy banned in the UK then, shall we. Good luck with that.

Aishas age is not certain and there are other arguments just as valid that she wasnt as young as the anti-Islamists say.

Or is that going to piss off someone? Just like suggesting Ron was a scam artist. Maybe Muslims who suggest as much diserve a violent responce from Scientologists???

Violence doesnt solve anything. Another thing which Islam teaches us ;)

And just for the ignorant among us:

Let me quote from Juan Cole at http://www.juancole.com/2005/07/friedman-wrong-about-muslims-again-and.html:

First of all, almost all the major Shiite Grand Ayatollahs have condemned Bin Laden and al-Qaeda. You could say that is easy, since Shiites don't generally like Wahhabis. But they are the leaders of 120 million Muslims (some ten percent of the 1.2 billion). So that is one. Tracking these things down is time-consuming, but this should do

And he gives a link to: http://www.sullivan-county.com/identity/bin_laden.html

He continues:

So then what about the Sunni world? The leading moral authority for Sunnis is the rector or Grand Imam of the al-Azhar Seminary/ University in Cairo, Egypt. Al-Azhar is perhaps the world's oldest continuous university and has been since the time of Saladin a major center of Sunni religious authority. The current incumbent is Shaikh Muhammad Sayyid Tantawi. So what about Tantawi and Bin Laden?

Grand Imam of Al-Azhar seminary, Shaikh Muhammad Sayyid Tantawi, condemns Osamah Bin Laden.

And:

The Grand Imam of al-Azhar Seminary, Shaikh Muhammad Sayyid Tantawi, condemns Osamah Bin Laden.

And he gives links to: http://www.usembassyjakarta.org/lawmaker.html and http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...mam.pdf+Tantawi++Bin+Laden+James+Reston&hl=en respectively.

What about Pakistan? Admittedly, it has some clerics who are fans of Bin Laden, or at least who would avoid condemning him. But the allegation Friedman is making is that no major cleric has condemned him. Try this: Prominent Pakistani Cleric Tahir ul Qadri condemns Bin Laden.

And he gives a link to: http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2001/10/17/195606.shtml

I don't personally care for Yusuf al-Qaradawi. He is an old-time Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood preacher who fled to Qatar and now has a perch at al-Jazeera. But he does have some virtues. He is enormously popular among Muslim fundamentalists. And, he absolutely despises Bin Laden and al-Qaeda. Al-Qaradawi has repeatedly condemned the latter. He even gave a fatwa that it was a duty of Muslims to fight alongside the US in Afghanistan against al-Qaeda! See also:
Yusuf al-Qaradawi condemns al-Qaeda.

And he gives a link to: http://www.islamfortoday.com/qaradawi02.htm

There are also substantial Muslim communities in Europe with leaderships that have explicitly condemned Bin Laden. E.g.:

Spanish Muslim Clerical authorities Issue Fatwa against Osamah Bin Laden. There are on the order of 250,000 Muslims in Spain.

And he gives a link to: http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/4637/terr42a.html

Friedman also does refer to a major conference of Muslim clerics, thinkers and notables wound up just Wednesday that made a powerful statement about religious tolerance and condemned everything Osama Bin Laden stands for. But he seems oddly unaware of the significance of having Grand Ayatollah Sistani, Grand Imam of al-Azhar Seminary Muhammad Sayyid Tantawi, and many other great Muslim authorities sign off on this epochal statement of Muslim ecumenism.

The statement forbids one Muslim to declare another "not a Muslim" if the believer adheres to any of the mainstream legal rites of Sunnism and Shiism. The whole basis of al-Qaeda is to call the Muslim leaders of countries like Egypt and Saudi Arabia, as well as Shiites, "not Muslims." The statement also demands that engineers should please stop pretending to issue fatwas, which should be left to trained clerical jurisconsults. This para. is also a slam at Bin Laden.
And he gives a link to: http://www.albawaba.com/en/countries/Jordan/185952
He rounds up his article by saying:
PS As for Friedman's main point, that Muslims haven't done a good job of fighting jihadi ideology and terrorism, it is bizarre. The Algerian government fought a virtual civil war to put down political Islam, in which over 100,000 persons died. The Egyptians jailed 20,000 or 30,000 radicals for thought crimes and killed 1500 in running street battles in the 1990s and early zeroes. Al-Qaeda can't easily strike in the Middle East precisely because Syria, Egypt, Algeria, etc. have their number and have undertaken massive actions against them.
I also advise you to check out these links before condemning Muslims and Islam for allowing terrorist attacks and or not condemning them:
http://www.muhajabah.com/otherscondemn.php
http://www.unc.edu/~kurzman/terror.htm
http://www.fatwa-online.com/worship/jihaad/jih004/index.htm

Back