Pope Benedict's Visit to UK 2010

Pageantry?
What spectacle are you referring to? The 10s of thousands in a crowd? You get that at Glastonbury every year.

And referring to the scientific age as possibly being Puritan is rather ironic given that it is the Pope's church that demonstrates puritanical views compared to the secularist society.

Perhaps if you detail what this pageantry and spectacle are that you refer to, that could be a start?

You must have missed the High Mass at Westminster Cathedral.
The combination of music, costume and occasion, made it a work of art.

Last edited:
But then a pile of bricks, or an unmade bed could be considered a "work of art" - so it is hardly an endorsement.

I'm sure people could appreciate such things - those of scientific bent or otherwise.
Personally they don't hold my interest, though, so I don't feel too inclined to invest the time to make such an assessment.

You must have missed the High Mass at Westminster Cathedral.
The combination of music, costume and occasion, made it a work of art.

I saw some of it on the news but it did nothing for me, yes the architecture was impressive but it would be if the place was empty. Affording all that fuss to the Pope seemed like a waste of time to me, more like an ego trip for the men in the room and something to get excited about for all the god botherers.
Yawnsville.

Back