quite contrary

Actually what he is saying Cris, is that he have right to state blanket statements without supporting them as I did in my earlier posts....

I was not trying to be evil or anything Justin, but here's the questions I would have asked you.

1- You mentioned that god is within you and thus you are sent by him to correct all others.

2- I asked you if you believe in Satan.

3- If you said yes, I would have asked you to describe the qualities of Satan.

4- I would have dragged you in the conversation to make you say that the purpose of Satan is to stray one from god.

5- Then I would have asked you, don't you think the thoughts in your mind regarding that god is part of you and the justifications for putting associates to god could be a trick of Satan to drive you away from your true purpose.....

6- you would have kicked and screamed and replied that once god is in me then Satan is out..

7- I would have reminded you that, Satan is very very smart and by the token that god is within you, which I don't believe, Satan must also be within you because Satan is made from god, so why are you sure that it's god that's talking to you and not Satan....Make the distinction my friend....and don't get too comfortable in your beliefs and show a disprespect for logic, or Satan will find a hole in your logic and creep to you.

If you really believe, Satan cannot touch you. You just know...
I don't need to logic to have faith. Faith is pure and unquestionable. Logic brings doubt. You must have no doubt in your belief.

Originally posted by Justine
If you really believe

Do you mind defining believe, please....I expect this to take a whole life time, but what the hell...we got nothing else interesting to talk about, it seems like I have taken the steam out of every conversation that I decided to butt in....:(

Boys, boys, boys.....
I may be wrong on this but let's just take a step back and realize the possibility that Justine is not real, and rather another poster using a fake i.d.

We haven't had this type of dumby in our path since FoxMulder. And I assume we all know what was up with him.

I don't need to logic to have faith. Faith is pure and unquestionable. Logic brings doubt. You must have no doubt in your belief.

To not have doubt is to believe one can not be wrong. If you believe that you can not be wrong then you must believe you are infallible. If you believe your infallible then you are insulting god! So to have no doubt would be a sin. It would also make you a fool!

I believe(reflected by my faith(I'm Mormon, let's not get started on that!) that God didn't quite create Satan. Satan was cast out before the world began for rebelling against god, along with his followers(one third the hosts of heaven). After the earth was created, he was cast down to earth without a body. With his presence, we have the free agency to follow god or not. One way to tempt us is to convince us that he doesn't exist. If he can convince you that logic says that if god doesn't exist then he can't exist, and you then believe that god doesn't exist, than he has won.

This is just another invented christian story. No professor worth his salt would be defeated by such drivel. We know where the professors brain is, and under certain circumstances (lobotomy) yes it can be seen, touched, even smelled...yak!

So who has seen god, touched god, smelled god, and would anyone know where to find god to look at him? huh

This story is not logical, it is christian propaganda and bullshit.

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS!!!

logic does not claim god does not exist! logic only say that without evidence we can not prove that he does exist! Also there is no evidence that some deity is NOT pulling the string so his existence is questionable but not impossible! Logic and science can not kill god!, science can never find evidence that is testable the proves god does not exits. At best some evidence will someday appear that would infact prove God exist, thats about the best science can do on this subject. What gets me is why the faithful can not imbraces science as true, sence it would have no effect on their god? Why can you not believe in evolution for example?

Re: HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS!!!

Originally posted by WellCookedFetus
Logic and science can not kill god!, science can never find evidence that is testable the proves god does not exits.
  • Logic has utility in the fields of mathematics and propositional calculus, and can serve as a sieve to filter out the logically impossible. But that is merely the first step of scientific enquiry. If logical possibility alone were sufficient warrant for acceptance, we would be forced to add purple unicorns and pink pixies to reality's menagerie.
  • Science proves nothing. Science verifies or falsifies theories. 'God(s)' is not a theory, but an excuse for its absence.

Originally posted by Tyler
We haven't had this type of dumby in our path since FoxMulder. And I assume we all know what was up with him.

aw Tyler... Enjoy the show, don't tell everyone the ending.

Re: Re: HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS!!!

Originally posted by ConsequentAtheist
  • Logic has utility in the fields of mathematics and propositional calculus, and can serve as a sieve to filter out the logically impossible. But that is merely the first step of scientific enquiry. If logical possibility alone were sufficient warrant for acceptance, we would be forced to add purple unicorns and pink pixies to reality's menagerie.
  • Science proves nothing. Science verifies or falsifies theories. 'God(s)' is not a theory, but an excuse for its absence.

thank you for saying what i just said in a much more clear and bullet pointed form.

That's a nice story at the top of this thread, but it just doesn't ring true.

Any professor who lectures in philsophy or religion would have heard all the arguments the Christian student makes before, and could counter them all. They aren't complex arguments. On the other hand, the story seems to be written from the point of view of somebody who has little, if any, experience of tertiary education. Lectures in philosophy and religion do not seek to convince students that God does or does not exist, except perhaps in some Christian universities in the US. A course in comparative religion or introductory philosophy examines the arguments both for and against the existence of god(s), recognising that this issue (like all good philosophical issues) cannot be settled either way.

(Most) lecturers are just not this biased in real life. They know their stuff. They've seen both sides of the story. Most of the time they sit on the fence. In fact, that is probably one of the defining characteristics of a good academic - the ability to look at an issue from many different viewpoints - the ability, dare I say it, to consider a point of view without accepting it. (see quote below)

Back