Quotes to remember

“Our own body is in the world as the heart is in the organism: it keeps the visible spectacle constantly alive, it breathes life into it and sustains it inwardly, and with it forms a system.”
Maurice Merleau-Ponty

7Gs68cd.jpeg

Last edited:
"Why do you stay in prison
When the door is so wide open
Move outside the tangle of fear thinking
Live in silence
Flow down and down
Into always widening
Rings of being."

Rumi

y7lbSTs.jpeg

“the neighborhood is nothing but a protective zone -- remodeling, disinfection, a snobbish and hygenic design-- but above all in a figurative sense: it is a machine for making emptiness.”
~ Jean Baudrillard

Jtly5aN.jpeg

“The world rests in the night. Trees, mountains, fields, and faces are released from the prison of shape and the burden of exposure. Each thing creeps back into its own nature within the shelter of the dark. Darkness is the ancient womb. Nighttime is womb-time. Our souls come out to play. The darkness absolves everything; the struggle for identity and impression falls away. We rest in the night.”
― John O'Donohue, Anam Cara: A Book of Celtic Wisdom

1M6ULlr.jpeg

“Stars are echoes of the past. It's important to look to them for guidance, but as long as people reach for them, they never realize the beauty and potential awaiting just in front of them.”

― Emory R. Frie, Enchanted Forest

“We are not primarily biological, with mind emerging as a kind of iridescence, a kind of epiphenomenon at the higher levels of organization of biology. We are hyperspatial objects of some sort that cast a shadow into matter. The shadow in matter is our physical organism.”
― Terence McKenna

wZEDIls.jpeg

“When you're dead, they really fix you up. I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.”
― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

We delight in the beauty of the butterfly but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty. ~ Maya Angelou

“A reality completely independent of the spirit that conceives it, sees it, or feels it, is an impossibility. A world so external as that, even if it existed, would be forever inaccessible to us.”
― Jules Henri Poincaré, French mathematician and physicist

6cvIvAR.jpeg

“The burden of selfhood,” she sighed. “Life-long anguish. Straining to support an elaborate artifice every waking moment. Trying to maintain our bullshit personas. Haircuts, clothes. Making our big fucking statements to an indifferent world. We drink, we smoke, we squander fortunes on DVDs, anything to escape ourselves for a few blessed minutes.”
― Adam Baker, Outpost

“It’s not that we have to quit
this life one day, but it’s how
many things we have to quit
all at once: music, laughter,
the physics of falling leaves,
automobiles, holding hands,
the scent of rain, the concept
of subway trains... if only one
could leave this life slowly!”
― Roman Payne, Rooftop Soliloquy

7jXD1zg.jpeg

Reactions: C C
“Oh! This'll impress you - I'm actually in the Abnormal Psychology textbook. Obviously my family is so proud. Keep in mind though, I'm a PEZ dispenser and I'm in the abnormal Psychology textbook. Who says you can't have it all?”
― Carrie Fisher, Wishful Drinking

ZPcxD3Q.jpeg

“I am nothing.
I'll never be anything.
I couldn't want to be something.
Apart from that, I have in me all the dreams in the world.”
― Fernando Pessoa

Yh3Kgxv.jpeg

Back