Quotes to remember

"It's all In your head ... you just have no idea how big your head is."
----Lon Milo DuQuette

Qmjk60k.jpeg

Last edited:
“Worlds were never meant to be prisons, locked and suffocating and safe. Worlds were supposed to be great rambling houses with all the windows thrown open and the wind and summer rain rushing through them, with magic passages in their closets and secret treasure chests in their attics.”
― Alix E. Harrow, The Ten Thousand Doors of January

foQk1ME.jpeg

"And we are magic talking to itself, noisy and alone. I am queen of all my sins forgotten. Am I still lost? Once I was beautiful. Now I am myself."---Anne Sexton

g5iwIAr.jpeg

"Let me keep my distance, always, from those who think they have the answers.
Let me keep company always with those who say "Look!" and laugh in astonishment,
and bow their heads."
- Mary Oliver

ohv05RO.jpeg

"The unphilosophical and philosophical attitudes can be very sharply distinguished (with scarcely any intermediate forms) by the fact that the first accepts everything that happens as regards its general form, and finds occasion for surprise only in that special content by which something that happens here today differs from what happened there yesterday; whereas for the second, it is precisely the common features of all experience, such as characterise everything we encounter, which are the primary and most profound occasion for astonishment; indeed, one might almost say that it is the fact that anything is experienced and encountered at all.”

Erwin Schroedinger

‎"Does all the beauty of the world stop when you die?"

"No," said the Old Oak; "it will last much longer - longer than I can even think of."

"Well, then," said the little May-fly, "we have the same time to live; only we reckon differently.
Hans Christian Andersen, The Complete Fairy Tales

“I think all worlds are magic. We just get used to it.” - Stephen King, Fairy Tale

Life has been some combination of fairy-tale coincidence and joie de vivre and shocks of beauty together with some hurtful self-questioning.
― Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath

In an alternate universe, Sylvia Plath is my best friend, and she's teaching me all I need to know about life. And occasionally, we go to Starbucks, and they always spell her name wrong on the cup.

“We sit and talk,
quietly, with long lapses of silence
and I am aware of the stream
that has no language, coursing
beneath the quiet heaven of
your eyes
which has no speech”
― William Carlos Williams, Paterson

“In a world where billions believe their deity conceived a mortal child with a virgin human, it's stunning how little imagination most people display."― Chuck Palahniuk, Rant: An Oral Biography of Buster Casey

hrJXvrh.jpeg

“Emotions, in my experience, aren't covered by single words. I don't believe in "sadness," "joy," or "regret." Maybe the best proof that the language is patriarchal is that it oversimplifies feeling. I'd like to have at my disposal complicated hybrid emotions, Germanic train-car constructions like, say, "the happiness that attends disaster." Or: "the disappointment of sleeping with one's fantasy." I'd like to show how "intimations of mortality brought on by aging family members" connects with "the hatred of mirrors that begins in middle age." I'd like to have a word for "the sadness inspired by failing restaurants" as well as for "the excitement of getting a room with a minibar." I've never had the right words to describe my life, and now that I've entered my story, I need them more than ever. ”
― Jeffrey Eugenides, Middlesex

I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses.
― Friedrich Nietzsche

"Every day we should hear at least one little song, read one good poem, see one exquisite picture, and, if possible, speak a few sensible words."---Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Back