Sometimes I Just Want to Give Up

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Ophiolite, Oct 13, 2011.

1. wlminex Banned Banned

Some observations . . . .

James R:

As I plan for my departure from Sciforum, I thought you might be interested in a few of my observtions:

1. Contrary to my high hopes and expectations for your forum, I have been greatly disappointed in it and the promise that I anticipated for exchanging scientific ideas.

2. The Sciforum moderators, and some administrators, seem bent on preserving their own belief systems and preserving their petty egos to the detriment of science and by not honoring an honest and meaningful exchange of new ideas that may not conform with mainstream ideas. Members seem to be continually harangued, belittled, insulted, and chided by moderators (and some other members) for their honest and meaningful attempts to contribute original, innovative, and creative thinking.

3. I have come to the conclusion that Sciforum has become adulterated and trivialized by the behavior of the moderators and their permitting of similar member behavior. Professional degradation should NOT be allowed by moderators or members, and profanity and demeaning posts should be immediately deleted, or dealt-with harshly by administrators.

I'm sure that the original intent of Sciforum was to foster an honest and beneficial exchange of ideas that would benefit the scientific community; but the forum has degraded into an unprofessional mish-mash of self-promoting 'talking-heads' that serve to be the antithesis of an otherwise original honorable intent.

I will certainly NOT recommend Sciforum to colleagues as an objective forum for advancing new knowledge in the quest for scientific truths.

Thanks for your efforts and for reading my comments.

William L. Mansker, Ph.D.
    wlminex

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bells Staff Member

Hello wlminex

It is unfortunate that you feel you had such a bad experience in this forum. Having looked through your posting history since you joined us in July, you seem to complain about moderators and administrators more often than not, especially lately.

From some of your posts, you appear to hold the view that moderators should not be allowed to post or state their opinions. It has long been an established rule in this forum that moderators do participate in forum discussions and yes, do and will at times disagree with members. That does not mean that members are moderated for disagreeing with the position of a moderator. It just means that everyone knows that not everyone will see eye to eye. It could very well be that you may also have a problem with people disagreeing with you personally and thus, could be projecting your self onto others. From what I have seen thus far, you have been treated with quite a bit of courtesy and just seemed to be a bit offended when some of your posts would be moved to other sub-forums or have others disagree with you.

Now, having said that, if you are wanting to push the hands of moderators by spamming multiple threads with the exact same post as you have posted in this thread, then so be it. That is your choice.

Consider this a word of advice. You still have time to delete the other posts and leave the one here in place, where it actually belongs. Otherwise the end result is that you could find yourself being treated as a spammer and banned from this site.

Regards

Bells

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

wlminex:

I have responded to your post in one of the other threads where you posted it.

If you post any more copies of it, we will have to treat you as a spammer.

I hope it doesn't come to that.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gustav Banned Banned

dont let me catch you with our towels on the way out, buster