Suicide and Christianity

My condolences for the friends and family.

Xtianity is insane and this is part of its malignant form. Why do you subject yourself to it?

Thank You.

But I do not regard all of Christianity as being insane, just all of the insane parts. You know the parts where the Bible teaches that a girl's rapist should marry his victim, and things like that. Welcome to the family son! Would you like to rape some of my other daughters? Now I am not the sharpest tack in the drawer but I call that insane. There is also love to be found in the Bible as well, and that is what draws most people to it.

I subject myself to going to church because my wife, kids, and extended family on both sides, are all Christians. My wife knows how I feel.

I have seen how terrible the other “free thinkers” in our extended family have been treated and I have chosen to keep a low profile. I will challenge anyone in my family when things get way out of hand, when reason has been thrown entirely out the window. I try to bring them back to some basis of reality when needed but most of the time things are fairly mellow. It keeps me in the loop on what they are really being taught in church so I can counterbalance it a bit when needed. When the teaching truly is evil or wrong.

I can learn from the good teachings myself and, as I said, serve them as a counterbalance.

Last edited:
the bible isnt christian.

I subject myself to going to church because my wife, kids, and extended family on both sides, are all Christians. My wife knows how I feel.

so what are you telling us for?

the bible isnt christian.

Please explain what you mean. Our church teaches that both the Old and New Testaments in the Bible are the perfect "Word of God". I think it is something less than that. The Bible is the primary source for teaching in our particular church. There are of course many different views on this topic. What is yours? I look forward to your comments.

so what are you telling us for?

I was just trying to answer swarm's question.

Please explain what you mean. Our church teaches that both the Old and New Testaments in the Bible are the perfect "Word of God". I think it is something less than that. The Bible is the primary source for teaching in our particular church.

the old testament is not christian.

There are of course many different views on this topic. What is yours? I look forward to your comments.

what is my opinion on what?

I was just trying to answer swarm's question.

well then you can deal with it or not. maybe you should have made a thread about that instead of using someone else.

the old testament is not christian.

I agree, the Old Testament is Jewish in origin. Is that what you mean?

The problem is that the New Testament quotes from the Old as if it is trustworthy scripture. In the New Testament Jesus refers to the Old Testament as if it is true and trustworthy. And He even teaches that one must follow the Old Testament Law to be saved.

Perhaps I am getting too far away from the thread topic here. Sorry.

yeah, it's all christ's fault. it's all the bible's fault. let's completely ignore the hopelessness embedded in today's society. everything is institutionalized, commercialized, industrialized, and about making money. quality of life is going down the toilet at about the same pace as technological advancement. people are lonely. people are desperate. people are on drugs. our role models are Hollywood starlets, overpaid athletes, and shitty pop artists. everything is disposable. why not people too? and let's forget about everything good taught in the bible like the importance of charity, and forgiveness, humility, truth, and love. let's forget that Christians are not supposed to judge or condemn others, but to set an example. a light for others to see...not a spotlight for an interrogation. yeah, religion sucks for all the reasons you all think it sucks...i agree. but it's not god's fault, and it's not Christ's fault, and it's not the Bible's fault. if there is fault, and there is plenty, it belongs to the practitioners.
Whose fault is it ?.
If you create a screwed world are you not to blame ?.

Err WHAT!?
That's complete nonsense..

no it's not. some people like being in hell.

let's do a mental exercise. think about our state of existence right now. i would call it quasi-hell, and getting worse by the second. people are suffering right? it's relative i know, but in some way, to some degree, all of us are suffering. can't you see that some people like it? people choose the behaviors that cause suffering all the time. why is that? some people don't even realize or admit they're suffering. i think that's because they're used to it and they can't fathom an existence without it. i think ego is a factor too. people don't want to admit that they're flawed. they don't want to see how bad it really is. could be fear of the truth about themselves.

Indeed.....a Christian tool to promote and to spread the religious hoax .

no, that's just what ignorant people think (including some religious). the bible is a tool of the holy spirit.

Back