Summerians

Discussion in 'Religion' started by davewhite04, Dec 21, 2018.

1. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Did you study these at school? I didn't, but find the data fascinating, such as very similar ideas in the Tanak/bible which were chisled much earlier.

Final question: Should these Summerians be a subject any relevant class?

I think it is important on a scientific level alone.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

I always use 2 S.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Certainly.
    Given they were first in so many areas one wonders why they are really not covered.
    I suspect their presence in history is somewhat inconvenient for folk who have any sort of commitment to the idea that their god created the universe 6000 years ago.

If nowhere else the Summarians should be covered in bible classes.
    Alex

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

They were Sumerians, not summer-ians.
    They had the earliest known civilization - mythology, legal code, literature, commerce, infrastructure, civil service - the works.
    US education barely bothers with history anymore (except jingo), let alone prehistory, so it's hardly surprising they don't know about ancient peoples.

candy likes this.
  8. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

The times I have spelt things wrong to get a rise you are the first☺
    Alex

9. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I blame religion.
    It is clear its influence plays a big part in history.
    Consider some of the nonsence around the pyramids adjusting dates to fit the god story.
    I wont go on but it is there to discover if one cares to look.

I think there must ahave been some civilization even before them as it seems unisual that they had all they had without getting ideas from some one earlier.
    Maybe the Chinese was their influence.
    Alex

10. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

That's why life should be more fun, drop religion and we see an instant result.

I wonder what that would be?

Another thread but question within this context.

11. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Well I would encourage you to open another thread.
    You certainly come up with interesting topics.
    Alex

12. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

Yes, it's woven in with Eurocentrism and later American nationalism. There is also, I think, an element of modern-ism: a tendency of people in the 20th century to undervalue, or actually discount, the accomplishments, the abilities, even the intelligence, of peoples who didn't have our technology. You see it very often in biblical apologia: "Back then, they didn't know any better," as if the notion of fairness or kindness couldn't have occurred to anybody before television.
    According to my (admittedly sketchy) recollection, the Chinese civilization was a thousand years younger; even the Indian one was a little younger. Communication between them was difficult and slow - and likely unreliable, given the hostile nomads in between.
    It doesn't matter, though, does it? Somebody had to start from scratch; some ancient settlement had to grow into a city-state before all the others; only then could any influence be passed along.

candy likes this.
  13. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

If you are referring to the Sumerians, they are the oldest civilisation recorded. I recommend looking into what the Sumerians chi sled, it's interesting to say the least.

14. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Just think, Marduk is older than the God of the bible.

15. kx000 Valued Senior Member

The sumerian super God, the God of all gods, Elohim.

16. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Not exactly. In the universe all races refer to the best concept you have is what you call "God", but source is Love itself. It is a lot higher in the dimension range from us at this moment!

EDIT: Source is a woman.

EDIT: The source of all things. Love was the master plan and we are the last dimension to get then bam, equilibrium. Love existing in all dimensions and them dimensions becoming one.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  17. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

What's love - or even Love - to do with religion? No ancient sacred texts that I'm aware of ever mention love.
    There's a lot of blather about it in modern "christianity', but not much practice of it.
    Me, I'd settle for common decency.

sideshowbob likes this.
  18. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Have you ever been in love? If so, what did it *feel* like?

19. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

20. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

It feels like endorphins.

sculptor likes this.
  21. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

22. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

So are Brahma, Aphrodite, Vishnu, Tishtrya, Shiva, Ganapati, Poseidon, Saraswati, Lakshmi, Zeus Durga Devi, Guanyin, Heram Jade Emperor, Wangmu Niangniang, Yan Wang, Demeter, Mithra., Long Wang, Nüwa, Athena, Caishen, Apollo Chang’e, Amun-Ra, Artemis Isis, Osiris, Ares, Horus,Thoth, Hephaestus, Nana-Buluku, Obatala, Hermes, Olorun, Hvar Ksata, Yemaya., Oba, Rashnu, Oko, Dionysus, Osanyin,Verethragna, Olokun... and, of course, a great many more have been lost in time, for lack of stone monuments, and because their peoples have been exterminated or subsumed by others.
    The Hebrews are a relatively young people. While their creation myth is clearly borrowed from older Mesopotamian peoples, and several other Genesis stories are from the public domain, everything after Abraham is pretty much their own family saga.

davewhite04 likes this.
  23. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

Absolutely nothing like being church!!