Talking about god...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were to say, this is God-->.

Whats your evidence that its not?
I'll bet he says that he has no opinion on it and unless you assert that it is (and should therefore provide proof) it's a silly, pointless strawman question.

Hmm I suggest you re-read the thread to discover who is ad-homming and misdirecting. I'm merely stating facts.
You are clearly asserting that I am "trapped" in linear thinking, when I regularly use may thought modes, as appropriate, throughout my day. Stereotyping and pigeon-holing?

You are clearly asserting that I am "trapped" in linear thinking, when I regularly use may thought modes, as appropriate, throughout my day. Stereotyping and pigeon-holing?

If you use many thought modes, they are invisible here.

All I see is preconception driven thinking.

If you use many thought modes, they are invisible here.

All I see is preconception driven thinking.
You have to be kidding me. A theist dares accuse anyone else of "preconception driven thinking"? That's almost offensive enough that I'd suggest you give yourself an infraction for that.

You say theres a god. I'm neutral. I ask for proof.

Go for it.

You have to be kidding me. A theist dares accuse anyone else of "preconception driven thinking"? That's almost offensive enough that I'd suggest you give yourself an infraction for that.

You say theres a god. I'm neutral. I ask for proof.

Go for it.

You're confused about the meaning of linear thinking

Linear thought is a constraint of time-based environments. Since humans exist on planet Earth, it makes sense that ideas are presented in a manner that conforms to the temporal restrictions of this environment. These logical attempts to organize our existence include not only chronological and sequential approaches, but other traditional patterns, such as topical, spatial, problem/solution, and cause/effect. Each of these patterns constrains thought and expression in a clearly defined manner, and each progresses, in a different yet linear fashion. Even non-linear literary devices, such as the flashback and parallel construction, ultimately require consumption in a linear pattern in order to be understood, to achieve a desired effect, or to conclude at desired stopping point. Thus, linear approaches to organizing ideas, information and “real” and fictional realities are human constructions.

Linear thought and corresponding organizational devices have been adopted by humans for two reasons: first, because they conform to the time-based constraints of the planet; and second, because humans have lacked the tools (not the ability) to deals with the complexities of our existence. Elsewhere, as in science, religion and philosophy, time, as a concept, may not be so well defined in identifiable organizational terms.

I notice all atheists who keep repeating the God argument show indications of this thought process. I ascribe it to a lack of philosophical training. I do not see this kind of vested interest in the outcome of the argument in those who are the philosophers here (even atheists)

Its not a hypothesis. Its my belief. I am stating it as such.

I may have any belief of God as I wish. :shrug:

Fine. Then there's no need of further discussion as personal beliefs are subjective and not up for proof or disproof.

Unfortunately, your religious leaders and compatriots would force their beliefs on the rest of the world as facts. For this they deserve the strongest possible rebuke.

If I were to say, this is God-->.

Whats your evidence that its not?

I have none, other than the fact I can create your gods, too-->.......

Am I the creator of gods?

MUWAHAHAAA! THE POWER!

But seriously, how am I to accept your claim that god is a black pixel, considering the claims of theists as to what they perceive as their gods have nothing to do with black pixels?

I have none, other than the fact I can create your gods, too-->.......

Am I the creator of gods?

MUWAHAHAAA! THE POWER!

But seriously, how am I to accept your claim that god is a black pixel, considering the claims of theists as to what they perceive as their gods have nothing to do with black pixels?

Its not a black pixel. :mad: Its a representation of my belief.

Unfortunately, your religious leaders and compatriots would force their beliefs on the rest of the world as facts. For this they deserve the strongest possible rebuke.

Yeah its a tendency in those with lack of parallel thought processes. See the OP. :(

Thus, linear approaches to organizing ideas, information and “real” and fictional realities are human constructions
You're not human then?

Please give me an example of non-linear thinking and how it is better suited to understanding the world around you.

Go ahead. I'm ready.

Yeah its a tendency in those with lack of parallel thought processes. See the OP. :(

You have no more ability to think substantially differently than I or any other human here. You statements belie mostly an ego-based ad hom attack.

Parallel thinking. You don't even know what that would entail.

Ok, it's a representation of your belief.

Then, that is all the evidence required to disprove your god.
Sam is thinking non-linearly (a term I thought was cool 25 years ago in freshman engineerig). She seems to think it's the province of those who know the real deal (god(s)).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back