The Bible is Bullshit

you know as well as i do that mental illness typically results in the opposite of that.

I don't equate what you know with what I know, Lori. That is the fundamental difference that guides your beliefs.

Anyone with a mental illness cannot logically or consistently diagnose themselves.
Which really means that no one can logically or consistently diagnose themselves, since no one can be objective about themselves.

no. i did have an mri and a visit with a psychologist to appease my parents though. the stuff i was testifying to made them think i had a brain tumor or something.

So you had a mental episode, and didn't seek professional help?

That's no way to get cured. BTW, an MRI doesn't put you in the clear, that will only show up a subset of physical flaws with the brain. The cause could be any number of other things that would not show up. For instance, if you didn't have an angiogram, the MRI is pretty worthless.

So you had a mental episode, and didn't seek professional help?

That's no way to get cured. BTW, an MRI doesn't put you in the clear, that will only show up a subset of physical flaws with the brain. The cause could be any number of other things that would not show up. For instance, if you didn't have an angiogram, the MRI is pretty worthless.

We covered this in another thread. Why do you propose to seek help for something that you perceive to be meaningful and good? An experience that leaves you better off?

And for all intents and purposes, I am "cured". Not only am I not experiencing now the same type of phenomenon as I did in 2005, but the experience itself "cured" me of a lot of nasty things like fear and inhibition.

Its also the reason I'm happily married right now. I'm very grateful for what I experienced.

We covered this in another thread. Why do you propose to seek help for something that you perceive to be meaningful and good? An experience that leaves you better off?

And for all intents and purposes, I am "cured". Not only am I not experiencing now the same type of phenomenon as I did in 2005, but the experience itself "cured" me of a lot of nasty things like fear and inhibition.

Because the underlying problem could still be there. If it's happened before, it could easily happen again. Damage to the Anterior Prefrontal Cortex can lessen inhibition, you really should consider the possibility that the experiences you had were due to a physical cause.

My partner had an AVM, an 'Arterial Veinous Malformation', that only caused her problems twice, the 2nd time it caused a fit, and she then had it treated using Gamma Ray Stereoscopy. These things kill people sometimes, if they burst. The only way to image it was with an MRI and an Angiogram. You just having an MRI does not rule out the possibility of some defect being present.

If you plan to get married, and spend your life with this guy, I think you owe it to him to get these things checked out, so if there is a problem, you can get it resolved, and not cause him undue stress if the problems return. You can keep your faith, and have good health, treating any problems probably isn't going to turn you into an atheist.

Because the underlying problem could still be there. If it's happened before, it could easily happen again. Damage to the Anterior Prefrontal Cortex can lessen inhibition, you really should consider the possibility that the experiences you had were due to a physical cause.

My partner had an AVM, an 'Arterial Veinous Malformation', that only caused her problems twice, the 2nd time it caused a fit, and she then had it treated using Gamma Ray Stereoscopy. These things kill people sometimes, if they burst. The only way to image it was with an MRI and an Angiogram. You just having an MRI does not rule out the possibility of some defect being present.

If you plan to get married, and spend your life with this guy, I think you owe it to him to get these things checked out, so if there is a problem, you can get it resolved, and not cause him undue stress if the problems return. You can keep your faith, and have good health, treating any problems probably isn't going to turn you into an atheist.

i don't necessarily think that physiology is irrelevant to spiritual experiences. having said that, i wouldn't trade what happened to me for the world. i'm in good health, mental and otherwise. and i could drop over dead from a heart attack tomorrow. i don't see a good reason to live in fear of something you have no control over. i'm not negligent. but what if the same phenomenon did happen to me again? i'm inclined to think i'd end up even better off. bottom line is that god takes care of me and i'm not afraid of death.

my husband had his own trippy spiritual experience back in 2005. our experiences are actually why we're together. they brought us together, and they allow us to have an intimacy that we otherwise wouldn't be able to have with somebody else. it's a fucking miracle.

because you arbitrarily keep calling me an insane liar over and over...:D

No, you're presenting your beliefs and we can see they are insane and are riddled with lies. This only has something to do with you if you wish it to be that way. Clearly, you appear to be making that connection as if there was some merit and validity. :D

i don't necessarily think that physiology is irrelevant to spiritual experiences. having said that, i wouldn't trade what happened to me for the world. i'm in good health, mental and otherwise. and i could drop over dead from a heart attack tomorrow.

Or you could drop dead from an existing cerebral problem, that you really have sound suspicion could exist.

Lori, you have nothing to lose from getting a proper check-up.

My partner could have just fallen over dead walking down the street thanks to her AVM. We had clues it existed, we sought diagnosis, we mitigated the risk. Please do the same.

Last edited:
Human beings have to put up with his stupidity every day, there are genetic disorders, diseases, parasites, back problems, mental illness... it's like he hates us or something.
He doesn't hate us. We turned our backs on him, and not just that many people laugh in Gods face. If there was no sin there wouldn't have been any of those problems.

He doesn't hate us. We turned our backs on him, and not just that many people laugh in Gods face. If there was no sin there wouldn't have been any of those problems.

So if a child were to disobey or "turn their back" on their parent(s)- Would you still side with that parent(s) for torturing their child just because their child's actions were considered "laughing in their parent's face"? Torturing a child is not hate? That or is it only "ok" when the Biblical God does it?

How about the parasites "designed" to attack a particular species? Are animals sinners too?

He doesn't hate us.

He hates me. Your god will toss me into a lake of fire for an eternity to suffer torture and pain, forever. You love, worship and obey this god for doing this to me. How do you sleep at night knowing this?

How about the parasites "designed" to attack a particular species? Are animals sinners too?

Oh no, animals don't have souls. It's just us wonderful upright apes that have souls. God loves us, and only us. He created the entire Universe, and falsified the radio-carbon data and light from stars, just for us. Lori is even more special, because out of the seven billion people on the planet God created just for us, God talks to her. He never gives her useful information however, he just pops by to shoot the breeze.

Back