The Purpose of Life

Oh, my bad. I only read the OP. I didn't realize it had to be in sentence form, lol.
Its not thwt it has to be, its that it makes no sense without context.

There's really nothing ambiguous about "experience". Experience is just experience. It really is just that simple. There's really nothing complicated about it.
No it really is ambiguous. For example, experience can be a verb or a noun, with different meanings.
One can have an experience.
One can experience an event.
One can be experienced, at a skill, say.
Etc.

And it still doesnt explain how it constitutes a "purpose of life".

Its not thwt it has to be, its that it makes no sense without context.

No it really is ambiguous. For example, experience can be a verb or a noun, with different meanings.
One can have an experience.
One can experience an event.
One can be experienced, at a skill, say.
Etc.

And it still doesnt explain how it constitutes a "purpose of life".

All of the above.

The dictionary lists all of your examples under the term "experience" which is why I explained that for me, the purpose of life can be summed up in one word. Everything you listed is the purpose. Experience is the purpose. When I bump my head, when I eat food, when I catch a cold, when I dream, when I breathe in and out, when I learn a skill, those are all experiences divided into categories that can me summarized by the word experience.

Merriam-Webster Dictionary said:
Merriam-Webster Dictionary

experience
1 of 2
noun
ex·pe·ri·ence ik-ˈspir-ē-ən(t)s

a
: direct observation of or participation in events as a basis of knowledge

b
: the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

a
: practical knowledge, skill, or practice derived from direct observation of or participation in events or in a particular activity

b
: the length of such participation
has 10 years' experience in the job

: something personally encountered, undergone, or lived through

a
: the conscious events that make up an individual life

b
: the events that make up the conscious past of a community or nation or humankind generally

: the act or process of directly perceiving events or reality

experience

2 of 2
verb

experienced; experiencing
transitive verb

: to have experience of : UNDERGO
experienced severe hardships as a child

: to learn by experience (see EXPERIENCE entry 1)
I have experienced that a landscape and the sky unfold the deepest beauty—Nathaniel Hawthorne

For me, all of the above is the purpose of life. To put it another way, just living, experiencing life... experience.

This is the only correct aspect of the answer in my view.

There is no single objective purpose to life. There are as many purposes to life as there are people.

We each decide what our purpose will be.
Some make their purpose to serve others (such as family and children).
Some choose to explore and illuminate nature.
Some vie to experience.

This is the only correct aspect of the answer in my view.

There is no single objective purpose to life. There are as many purposes to life as there are people.

We each decide what our purpose will be.
Some make their purpose to serve others (such as family and children).
Some choose to explore and illuminate nature.
Some vie to experience.

Really? So what you are saying is that anyone can have their own perspective on the purpose of life? Interesting.

Really? So what you are saying is that anyone can have their own perspective on the purpose of life? Interesting.

Since LIFE (every single life form) has no purpose why not invent a purpose to help you get through lt

Pat yourself on the back occasionally on how good you are doing

:)

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic.

Not only can anyone have their own perspective, everyone must have their own perspective. 'Purpose' is a human invention.

So in other words, there's no wrong answer here. ;)
The only wrong answer is the one that asserts an over-arching purpose beyond our individual interpretations.

That is, unless they invoke a higher power in their interpretation. (I mean, there nothing stopping someone from asserting that the purpose of life is to execute God's will. Obviously that raises more questions about the existence of God, but the answer is still provisionally valid.)

The only wrong answer is the one that asserts an over-arching purpose beyond our individual interpretations.

That is, unless they invoke a higher power in their interpretation. (I mean, there nothing stopping someone from asserting that the purpose of life is to execute God's will. Obviously that raises more questions about the existence of God, but the answer is still provisionally valid.)

That's cool. I got ya.

Back