To the atheists...

An atheist government enforces private religion

• Total voters
All of them advertise, not just atheists.

Uhm.. wait a minute..
All religions advertise, ok.
But atheism isn't even a religion and as far as I know they don't advertise.

Is advertising a part of religion ? Is a Christian a bad Christian when he/she does not 'advertise' ?

Uhm.. wait a minute..

Two words: goo gle
Is advertising a part of religion ? Is a Christian a bad Christian when he/she does not 'advertise' ?

If you believe something is the right way of life, is it right or wrong to keep it to yourself?

Uhm.. wait a minute..

You have got to be kidding me.

Don't know about Christianity, but dawah in Islam is compulsory.

Two words: goo gle
Are you sure they are just atheists, or do they have another agenda ?
Being an atheist in itself does not mean you hate religious people, or that 'converting' people is part of the deal.

If you believe something is the right way of life, is it right or wrong to keep it to yourself?
Is isn't wrong or right.
But you did not answer my question..

Are you sure they are just atheists, or do they have another agenda ?
Being an atheist in itself does not mean you hate religious people, or that 'converting' people is part of the deal.

But in the case of theists, one must needs have laws, since all theists are wont to enforce their beliefs.

Is isn't wrong or right.
But you did not answer my question..
You did.

I dont think religion should get any special taxation status, nor does it belong in public schools or government documentation...including the US constitution.

Thats it...no overlap and no interference.

I dont think religion should get any special taxation status, nor does it belong in public schools or government documentation...including the US constitution.

Thats it...no overlap and no interference.

What about say, an institute for reason and understanding?

Should they get a special tax status?

I think enforcing such a Law would backfire and make people more religous.
What I would like to see is religious History classes taught in school.

I think enforcing such a Law would backfire and make people more religous.
What I would like to see is religious History classes taught in school.

I agree. They are taught in India as Moral Science and its very beneficial :p

Hmm I think I know what Dawah means. Isn't it some sort of missionary work in name of Islam ?

Dawah literally means invite. Mostly it involves distributing books that no one reads while ignoring the fact that education is a poor priority in all Muslim countries. But thats a separate matter. If a person believes his religion is the best way of life, isn't supporting a law against it against freedom of expression?

Dawah literally means invite. Mostly it involves distributing books that no one reads while ignoring the fact that education is a poor priority in all Muslim countries.

Well, I have nothing against this sort of advertising.

Back