Unveiling the Truth: German Portrait of Hijab ( Headscarf )

Proud_Muslim said:
Well said, but apparently the French are so scared by this small cloth a muslim woman put on her head... :rolleyes:
----------
M&From http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Ithaca/3827/marcion.html
M*W: You know, as much as I loved (past tense) the French people, I think they are stupid arrogant bastards to make these women take off their headcover. I find the hajib beautiful, and I wish I were a Muslim woman who would be proud to wear it! You know how women are, we compare ourselves to each other. A woman wearing a hijab cannot be included in this envy crap. Maybe I'll wear a hajib and NOT be Muslim. Women are so fickle. They try to compare themselves with each other. This is so unreal. Next thing you know, we're comparing our figures to one another, and there is jealousy. What's so pretty about an anorexic tummy? Nada! We should be happy with our substenance and flesh, and we don't need to share it with anyone but our husbands. If we did this, where would Hollywood be? Lost. What is so beautiful about a woman's diamond studded navel? Nada. It makes me want to cook something and feed them.

I think that in order to be truly equitable France should ban all symbols no matter what it is they stand for. No flags, no sports mascots, no monetary symbols, street signs, greeting cards, etc. In fact, I think France should stop using their alphabet (it is Arabic in origin after all). Symbols are obviously divisive and too loaded with emotional content to be allowed in an open and polite society. I would have suggested that they shouldn't wear any clothing either but who the hell wants to see a naked Frenchman sitting on the corner, drinking his wine and saying, "Ah, you stupeed Ahmericans" between puffs on his cigarette.

[/sarcasm off]

~Raithere

French Sisters Take Hijab Case To Bookshelves

The story of Lila and Alma Levy began simply with being referred to the headmaster and ended – as tragically as simply – with expulsion from school.

The two sisters of a Jewish father and an Algerian mother were banned from Lycee Henri school in aubervilliers, Paris, for refusing to take off their hijab in October last year.

Now the two girls decided to take their experience to bookshelves with a book called Deux filles comme les autres (Two girls like others).

pic04.jpg

The students gave answers on such issues as love and sex, and expounded on how they wore hijab and the future of their gear, to be banned under the imminent law.

The anti-hijab bill was recently approved by the French Parliament’s lower house after President Jacques Chirac had given a televised speech in which he urged secularism be strengthened in the country.

The barring of the two sisters from their school has triggered a heated debate in the country, as they had worn the hijab of their own will against claims of the Stasi committee – which recommended the ban.

http://www.islamonline.net/English/News/2004-02/20/article04.shtml

I think the Hajib is cute actually, but, those women are fooling themselves if they think it really hides their beauty.

spidergoat said:
I think the Hajib is cute actually, but, those women are fooling themselves if they think it really hides their beauty.
----------
M*W: Spider, I agree with you. The Hajib brings out the beauty of the face. Women are so jealous of each other, at least in Western society, that wearing the Hajib levels the playing field. I am jealous, I admit. The Hajib removes any nuance of sexuality. Can you imagine what men, and even other women, can see in the eyes of a beautiful woman? They can see her soul, not what's on sale at Macy's. I also suspect that a Muslim woman can say a lot with her eyes alone. God, I need a Hajib!

spidergoat said:

Hijab is not everything, it certainly does not hide the beauty, it PROTECTS the beauty to some extent.

Medicine Woman said:
----------
Can you imagine what men, and even other women, can see in the eyes of a beautiful woman? They can see her soul, not what's on sale at Macy's. I also suspect that a Muslim woman can say a lot with her eyes alone. God, I need a Hajib

you can view these american sites about the HIJAB:

http://www.almuhajabat.com/

Al muhajabat is arabic for women who wears hijab, muhajaba= one woman who wears Hijab.

And this one:

http://www.islamicboutique.com/

The funny thing is that France calls itself a Secular state, but over half of its federal holidays are Christian holidays. They have two or three holidays after Easter, and they also have one for the Ascention of Jesus (As well as many, many others I'm not familiar with). They're being hypocritical, but it's obvious that all they want to do is suppress the Islamic population -- however, to be evenhanded, they're banning all religious symbols.

Alas. I hope this situation fixes itself soon ...

Raithere said:
I think that in order to be truly equitable France should ban all symbols no matter what it is they stand for. No flags, no sports mascots, no monetary symbols, street signs, greeting cards, etc. In fact, I think France should stop using their alphabet (it is Arabic in origin after all). Symbols are obviously divisive and too loaded with emotional content to be allowed in an open and polite society. I would have suggested that they shouldn't wear any clothing either but who the hell wants to see a naked Frenchman sitting on the corner, drinking his wine and saying, "Ah, you stupeed Ahmericans" between puffs on his cigarette.

[/sarcasm off]

~Raithere
:D

But seriously, this topic is not about whether France's politics are correct or not, it is about whether a group of people that act differently are entiteled to shove their behavior on us under the Hijab of awareness days. It is the same thing as christians asking to make the public aware of the chritian belief by reciting a piece of the bible before the football game....same thing.

Back