What does everyone think about genetic enginering?

Oh there are many official hybrids, even seen a pear-apple… I have. Wheat for example was made form 3 different plants.

I was talking about genetically enginered human hybrids.

Sorry I should have been more specific.:D

Oh nope your wrong again: ever seen the Chicken lady from “kids in the hall”? :D

mckinney_tv2.jpg

Re: Mankind's Hubris

Originally posted by the scribbler

If that isn't bad enough how about the Dutch teenager who fed over the counter G.M. breakfast cereals to mice in a controled experiment and found at the end of the experiment that 95% of his subjects were either seriously unhealhy or had perished. (see the Ecologist and nexusmagazine)

Maybe the mice's digestive system simply couldn't handle cereal. If he had fed them both normal cereal and GM cereal, and there were signifigant differences in each, the you might have a point.

A mouse lives on grains and breakfast cereals are made from grains. And he did use a control. The mice refused to eat GM when given a choice and only ate it at all when the ordinary grains were removed and they had no other choice. Makes you wonder if the HitchHiker's Guide to The Galaxy may have been on to something after all:)

Oh. I misread the question - I thought it said 'WHY do people think about GM?'. That one doesn't seem to have an answer, although I suppose it's good for the shareholders and employees.

I see GM research as part of an evolutionary mechanism being driven by selfish genes trying to maximise human population density, piggybacking gleefully on the complete insanity of their hosts.

Back