What does OTC medicines mean?

Muslim

Immortal
Valued Senior Member
My dads taken his credit card off me. And is tell me to get a job, he said I need to EARN money from now on.

So I have seen this job:

Pharmacy

Description:
Main duties include that of a pharmacy dispenser, therefore you will be required to sell OTC medicines. Excellent customer service is required. Experience is essential. No Saturdays are required.

[What does OTC mean? I don't have expriance, but am going to bullshit and say I have. I mean how hard can this me?]

I also found a few more:

Description:
Shop assistant to cover friday's only 8hrs per week. Would need to open and close shop, set alarm and use a touch screen till. All training will be given. Would need to be able to work on your own. Tasks involve pricing goods, checking deliveries, replacing stock and merchandising.

[This one looks right for me, I can work 1 day a week]

Description:
Own transport is an advantage. No experience necessary as comprehensive sales and product training will be provided. Duties will include demonstrating Body Shop products to customers within their own homes and work places which include Facials, make overs and complimentary treatments. Demonstration kit is transportable on public transport. Self-employed people are responsible for paying their own National Insurance contributions and tax. For more information on how benefits may be affected, and whether entitlement may be lost, speak to a Jobcentre Plus Advisor. The company has given an assurance that this vacancy enables workers to achieve a wage equivalent to the National Minimum Wage rate. £75.00 is payable for body shop kit.

www.thebodyshop.co.uk/page/athome

[This sounds interesting, at least I can say to my dad "yo dad I am self employed too"]

Description:
Must be customer focused, a team player and have good communication skills. Previous experience is desirable but not essential as full training is provided. Saturday and Sunday positions are available. Duties include serving customers, dealing with customer queries, merchandising and stock ordering. Company benefits include 15% staff discount, pension and healthcare schemes. Successful applicants will be required to attend a competency based interview. NB_Pre-employment training courses are linked to this vacancy. Ask a Jobcentreplus staff member about opportunity number BDC90912 or BDC97187.

Description:
Sales experience would be an advantage. Would suit a friendly, approachable person with an interest in fashion. Must have a strong ability to meet and greet customers and have excellent customer service skills. Must have an interest in fashion. Duties include selling designer clothes and shoes and any other related duties as and when required.

------------------

Thats it, which one do you think I should go for to keep my dad happy for a while?

I can't believe my dad can treat me like this.

You know every time, I do something, I never get praised for it, but if I do something wrong, I get a lecture as if I've murdered someone. I don't see the point to working, I really don't I mean what the hell is he going to do. He is going to die you can't exactly take money to your grave. Just spend it I say.

For himself he buys all sorts so things. And I only want a decent car a golf R32. Why doesn't he just buy me it?

Its like going to the beach and not taking a dip in the sea... I mean what was the point of wasting energy going to the sea then?

Am fucking pissed off. Am skint... I need to see someone. And he can't do this to me like right now. When I had something planned.

Man sometimes I wish I had my mates dad as my dad. My dad never lets me do anything. he doesn't even let me go to Dubai! or Italy. Am not even allowed out of England. I'm being oppressed here, I don't have no freedom.

And ontop of that I now have to get a job. And he will not even praise me for it.

Your dad took HIS card off you? What were you doing? abusing it?

You know what they did. The barred the credit card cos I had gone over £10,000 in less then a week. So I went down to the bank to speak to the manger. And he said he can't discuss this with me. Cos its not my card. And I am like wtf? its my dad its his money what the fuck give me the money. I am his son. So I called my dad up... and my dad spoke to the guy over the phone. And he told my dad that he had to come down. So my dad came down and sorted it out. And he said this is the last time. He gave me some money and thats it.

OTC as spurious said means over the counter (non-prescription) medecines.

You spent over £10000 in a week!:eek: You are lucky your father didn't beat the shite out of you as well. You are living off his money and obviously in a sort of fantasy land. Your father wants you to be responsible, he's not doing your character any favours by allowing you to live like that. If you are broke go return some of the £10000 worth of stuff you bought.

PS welcome to the working week

I can't believe my dad can treat me like this.

You know every time, I do something, I never get praised for it, but if I do something wrong, I get a lecture as if I've murdered someone. I don't see the point to working, I really don't I mean what the hell is he going to do. He is going to die you can't exactly take money to your grave. Just spend it I say.

For himself he buys all sorts so things. And I only want a decent car a golf R32. Why doesn't he just buy me it?

Its like going to the beach and not taking a dip in the sea... I mean what was the point of wasting energy going to the sea then?

Am fucking pissed off. Am skint... I need to see someone. And he can't do this to me like right now. When I had something planned.

Man sometimes I wish I had my mates dad as my dad. My dad never lets me do anything. he doesn't even let me go to Dubai! or Italy. Am not even allowed out of England. I'm being oppressed here, I don't have no freedom.

And ontop of that I now have to get a job. And he will not even praise me for it.

oh boo hoo, poor little muslim. your dad never lets you spend more than 10,000 dollars in a week. he never pays for you to go to foreign countries. your life must be a living hell...

:rolleyes:

some people are just spoiled and ungrateful. I'm sorry your parents failed in raising you.

Muslim,

I hope you had the opportunity to earn a college degree. Without it I suspect your first job might be akin to the U.S. minimum wage equivelant.

I think California miminum wage is $6.50 / hr (I could be wrong). For working full time for a year in such a job you would earn:

6.5 (wage) * 8 (hours per day) * 5 (days a week) * 52 (weeks per year) * .65 (~35% tax witholdings) * .5555555~ (rough conversion to your currency) = £4882 per year.

This means it would take over 2 years to earn £10000. Consequently the average American earns $30,000 a year (~£16666 / year ).

To be able to spend £10000 / week (with no savings and with taxes pre-taken out ala 35%) would require an annual salary in the U.S. of $1,440,000 / year (~£800,000 / year).

Frankly, Muslim, I'm glad you're getting a job. Maybe you'll develop a work-ethic, and maybe become more responsible in life. Not to mention, you'll learn the value of money, so you'll be less likely to throw it all away on Bacardi Breezers.

My parents don't give me any money, except in emergencies, when I actually [/i]need it. Because of this, I've been working since I was 17. Now I'm a full time student, but I still have to work a job if I want any money. Muslim, you should be grateful for what you take for granted.

I wouldn't recommend the Body Shop job. I think you'll be shocked at how mucht he insurance premiums, etc, are. You'll do tons of travelling, dole out lots of sample, and make very little w/o working a TON of hours.

In most nations, almost anyone can sell over the counter drugs w/o certifications or special degrees/lisences. That one may be possible, by why lie to get the job? You don't have experience, and retail is a HELL of a lot harder than you seem to expect it to be.

The 1-3 day-a-week shop assistant jobs should like great starter positions. On the job training, simple responsibilities, limited work hours. how much per hour are each of them paying?

How do you spend 18000 dollars in a week? Unless your a woman spending frivolously in coutour shops? hookers, drugs? Eating at five star restaurants morning, noon, and night? Buying everyone drinks and food while partying 24/7? I can understand spending that amount in a month but a week? Heck, you could have gone out of the country and partied with that too.

Back