When “Born Again” Pastors Fall.

I don't know if he was truly born again. Only he and God know that. We are human. We have free choice. Sometimes we make bad ones. Again, being born-again does not make one perfect (just redeemed and going to Heaven to be with Jesus Christ their Lord and Savior.)

His faith/thinking was apparently weak or had a moment of weakness. That's when satan slips in and temps. He uses money, power, sex, and fame. His faith didn't stop his free will. He chose to disobey. And now he has to answer to God.

Just so you know where you're Satan myth comes from:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satan

The Hebrews refered to the Angles that prosecuted people going into heaven(oh I love saying it that way), "Satans". Literally - The Accusers. You're buddy Constantine chucked the verses/books that deal with this definition. The concept of Demons(like Azazel, Asmodeus) came from Zoroaster whom they were exposed to as slaves/exiles in Babylon. Basically you've got a 3000+ year bullshit story that's piggy-backed on another bullshit story that didn't scare people into submission back then either.

1 John 3
3And everyone who has this hope fixed on Him purifies himself, just as He is pure. 4Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness. 5You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin. 6No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him. 7Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous; 8the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil. 9No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother.

Adstar, according to this passage, God saves people from their sin, not in their sin as you seem to be teaching. And it really does matter what a person does. You seem to be teaching exactly the opposite of this.

Nice to talk with you again! I hope you are doing well!

1 John 3
4Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness.

To Practice something is not just to do it. To practice something is to seek to do it, to seek to become better at it, to be as it where an enthusiastic partaker of sinning. Like sports enthusiast who attends practice sessions with the purpose of improving their game.

One who Practices sin does not seek to avoid the sin but in fact seeks every opportunity they can find to engage in that sin.

Once again it is about Attitude to sin. If someone has the right Spirit towards the will of God they will seek to avoid sin.

1 John 1
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

PS: i am doing great. just had a wonderful weekend in beautiful Autumn sunshine had a good BBQ with friends.

Last edited:
Back