Who designed the designer?

OK, but you do understand that 'proving' something is not possible, or desired, when it comes to learning how the world works, right?

If you could explain what you mean by "how the world works"?
What we do is create models to explain the world. The best model wins. But they can always be updated.

Thanks, I knew that one :)
That's how science beats faith and other forms of belief in rationalizing our world.

I would say "trying to rationalise our world" Take the theory of evolution, this changes, just like every theory as you said. I generally agree though.

Take the theory of evolution, this changes, just like every theory as you said. I generally agree though.
No it doesn't.
Nothing has changed in the concept of evolution, only in the details which Darwin could not have had any knowledge of at that time. Difference!

Do you think it won't change?
I am absolutely convinced that the concept of "evolving complexity" is so overwhelmingly compelling that no logical argument can falsify it.

Just look at chemistry. During the past 4 billion years, the earth has conducted some.......wait for it.......;
TWO TRILLION, QUADRILLION, QUADRILLION, QUADRILLION chemical experiments, each experiment subject to possible evolutionary stresses. Chemical reactions are so fundamental in the universe, that only the assumption of a unprovable supernatural causality (which does the same thing) must be an acceptable logical answer.

God does not dwell at Planck scale, or maybe he does. But the physical evolutionary processes (a universal function) remain true........:rolleyes:

"Evolution" is responsible for the God "Change", the fundamental companion of the God "Time"
(to use metaphor)

Last edited:
You know they said that about gravity?
And how did that end? Gravity is a mathematical physical aspect associated with mass, no?

Unless you want to call Gravity a God. It perfectly usable as a metaphor. Just not in a scriptural sense.

And how did that end? Gravity is a mathematical physical aspect associated with mass, no?

Unless you want to call Gravity a God. It perfectly usable as a metaphor. Just not in a scriptural sense.

theory of relatively(Newton) was changed by General Relativity(Einstein). I did hear that some of Newtons calculations are used now but that's it.

I know. Science has the same amount of objective evidence for the non-existence of the soul , or anything supernatural as the believers have in this subject.
It's not rational to believe something just because there is no contrary evidence.

theory of relatively(Newton) was changed by General Relativity(Einstein). I did hear that some of Newton's calculations are used now but that's it.
I believe Newton's equations are almost exclusively used today because they describe the earth's local gravitational potentials adequately for practical use.

The extended version is only required for issues associated with spacetime curvature not the resulting mathematics of physical attraction between two massive objects.
The functional mathematics remain almost the same.

Last edited:
I believe Newton's equations are almost exclusively used today because they describe the earth's local gravitational potentials adequately for practical use.

The extended version is only required for issues associated with spacetime curvature not the resulting mathematics of physical attraction between two massive objects.
The functional mathematics remain almost the same.
Thanks. Like I said, I heard Newtons laws were still active.

I'm not much of a scientist, as you know :)

Thanks. Like I said, I heard Newtons laws were still active.

I'm not much of a scientist, as you know :)
Nor am I, but when I'm interested, I usually do check out recommended links to understand what others see as important and if it conflicts with my perspective. If not, I'm happy to accept the link as supportive of a scientific viewpoint.

Perhaps it's a little unfair. I'm retired and have plenty spare time for research.

Nor am I, but when I'm interested, I usually do check out recommended links to understand what others see as important and if it conflicts with my perspective. If not, I'm happy to accept the link as supportive of a scientific viewpoint.

Perhaps it's a little unfair. I'm retired and have plenty spare time for research.
Selective reality.

Do you enjoy life?

It's not rational to believe things without evidence and personal experience cannot be considered legitimate evidence.
And that's it. I've got nothing to say about your opinion. Most members have established that we can use the word "belief" in debates, but you decide, no use of the word belief in a philosophy/religious forum.

Selective reality.

Do you enjoy life?
Absolutely, I consider myself very lucky to be alive. Numerically only an incredibly small percent of living organisms get to contemplate nature and truly enjoy it's infinite artistic expressions.

And that is not a belief, this is demonstrably true.
I am one of the few billion lucky ones..........:rolleyes:

Absolutely, I consider myself very lucky to be alive. Numerically only an incredibly small percent of living organisms get to contemplate nature and truly enjoy it's infinite artistic expressions.

And that is not a belief, this is demonstrably true.
I am one of the few billion lucky ones..........:rolleyes:
Good for you :)

I'm the same but sometimes I get pulled away from the reality I want, and then have to find time to sort out my free will reality, my selective reality..

And that's it. I've got nothing to say about your opinion. Most members have established that we can use the word "belief" in debates, but you decide, no use of the word belief in a philosophy/religious forum.
Um... what? I decided no such thing. Why are you talking about the word belief?

Back