1) whose car is that?
2) whos car is that?
3) who's car is that?
4) some other nonsense.

help.

it's driving me insane.

:bugeye:

Its option

5) Who's so dense they could not look it up?

or

6) Who's the even denser to reply to this thread?
Who's.

gendanken said:
Its option

5) Who's so dense they could not look it up?

How would one look that up?...I sometimes have stupid grammer questions and it'll help if there is some grammer source on the web.

That's the one.

What? You're saying that whose is right? Wouldn't it be right in a situation like this. "Bob, whose car is that, fell down and broke his neck."

But, "Who's car is that? Is that Bob's car?" would be correct. Correct?

I really don't know. I've never had the best grip on contractions with pronouns and the like.

Rappaccini said:
You meant it's, right, Princess?
No, she was correct with its. You only do the it's if there is an is after the it.

Now try and say that quickly 5 times in a row. :bugeye:

"Who's" means "who is", or if someone was named who, "who's" could be them claiming ownership.
It's whose.

Well god-damn the lunatic is right. Although, he only seconded Rappa. And everyone knows Rappa is the grammar patrol.

Whose is the possessive form of who (or, occasionally, which). It means "belonging to whom or which."

Who's is a contraction of who is or who has. Notice the apostrophe replacing the missing letters.

Incorrect: Who's department do you work for?

Correct: Whose department do you work for?

Correct: Who's coming to visit tomorrow?
From here.

lola:
There was. She was trying to say "it is option ...", she's just a moron.
Eat shit, assmilk.

Here's your school lesson: it with an apostrophe denotes it is, without means belongs to.

And it is "whose", I was only wanting to see outlandish squirm or at least fail his grammar lessons.

gendy:

Who's so dense they could not look it up?

Don't confuse supination with lack of intelect.

I was only wanting to see outlandish squirm
that's never going to happen cupcake, but props to you anyway for keeping an innocuous thread going.

or at least fail his grammar lessons.

grammar shammar....I'm more interested in the content of the package & not the packaging itself.

rappaccini:

You meant it's, right, Princess?
No, she meant "its options" as in "outlandish's options"
just the wench's lumbering attempt at wit.

oscar:

sorry old chap.

Last edited:
No, she meant "its options" as in "outlandish's options"
Ha, well that would still be "it's", because the options belong to the it.
Words only end in an s without an apostrophe if they are like the "words" at the start of this sentence, or like "gendanken fails again".

wHAT THE fuck is this, illiterate morons amongst our midst?

Hey Rappacini, redoubtable, or whatever the fuck how many sock puppets you have, there is no surprise to see your rigid ass in this thread, but you are right: whose car is that?

who's = who is.
its = it in the possesive. i.e. its luggage-->the luggage it possesses.
it's = it is

who is car is that --> is bloody stupid.

its --> possessive form of "it", which may sound confounding because most possessive forms have an apostrophe. However, since "it's" is "it is" contracted, this somehow supersedes the possessive form. Beats me why that is the case. For instance, "rappacini's ass is on fire" indicates 's in the possessive and "rappacini's an ass on fire" indicates 's as a contraction. Rule of thumb: No contractions. Simply say "it is", "who is", etc etc

Ha, well that would still be "it's", because the options belong to the it.
Words only end in an s without an apostrophe if they are like the "words" at the start of this sentence, or like "gendanken fails again".
No you are wrong Lou. Although its is possesive, it has no apostrophe.

And yes, she meant

"It is"

Back