Why banning anyway?

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by MetaKron, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

If you weren't such a nice guy, String, I'd make another nasty response. And since this is a private message, be sure to tell all the other moderators that you're a nice guy ...otherwise they might not know.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. superstring01 Moderator

Timing, along with content and delivery, is paramount in all statements.

Deliver the insult at a time that you aren't being "modrated" and it would be received quite differently.

i.e. you PM me with the message, "Look queerboy, can you help me out here, these bastards keep fucking with me." And I'd probably laugh and help you out. If you were to send a similarly insulting message ("Look, queerboy, I don't give a fucking shit what you say, so fuck off") that is sent when I am moderating you, and you might find yourself banned. Likewise (and I'm sure this needs little explanation) delivery (which really doesn't apply to written messages, because it concerns tone of voice) and content (actual, factual information or the lack thereof) are equally important.

~String

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

What's that? You're still complaining?

See? I write a short post, and you still complain.

And yet now you're complaining about the inherent shortcomings of short posts.

All you're really demonstrating, Max, is that you're determined to complain.

To consider one of String's points—

—I'd merely point out that a longer post allows more refinement in the expression.

Oh, sorry.

A longer post allows people to say things better.

I would explain what that means, except then the post might get too long, and you might throw another hissy-cow about the length of my posts.

And, hell, the last thing we want is for Max to be unhappy, right?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.