Why Does God allow evil to happen? Is God evil?

c20H25N3o: I am still here because this is a public forum.
M*W: This forum is not a christian forum. This forum welcomes ALL religious questions and beliefs. YOU ARE TRYING TO TURN IT INTO A CHRISTIAN FORUM, AND IT IS NOT IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THIS FORUM TO ALLOW YOU TO DO THAT.
c20: If the owner of the website considers that my posts are out of context or are not appropriate then he may of course ask me to leave the site. I will respect any decision made by him and will leave without fuss.
M*W: James R is the Moderator of this forum. He looks after the best interest of the forum.
c20: In the mean time if it really is that tiresome, I suggest you use the ignore button. The programmers of this forum went to a lot of trouble to build in that functionality, I can only suggest you humour them by using it for the purposes it was intended for.
M*W: TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE RELIGION FORUM, WE HAVE ARGUED WITH c20, AND WE ENDED UP BACK AT SQUARE ONE. WE HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT c20, AND WE HAVE REPORTED HIM TO James R. WE HAVE TAKEN A STRAW POLL TO REQUEST HE BE REMOVED FROM THE FORUM SO WE CAN GET BACK TO INTELLIGENT DEBATE. AS A MEMBER OF THIS FORUM, I HEREBY SUGGEST THAT ALL NON-CHRISTIANS PUT c20 ON IGNORE AS HE REQUESTS.

c20H25N3o said:
You misunderstand what Jesus was speaking of. Ask Jesus what He meant. If you ask in faith he will remove your mountain of unbelief. Are you not more important than the mountains of the earth surface kind? Is your unbelief not the mountain that must be moved?
Any man given an army and a bunch of diggers can move a physical mountain from one place to another. It would take a long time on his own strength. It would take a long time given an army but we are not talking of physical mountains. The mountains we are speaking of are a man's unbelief in the Son of God. Tell your own mountain to move.

peace

c20

c20H25N3o, the words I quoted are 'Jesus'' words. There is no ambiguity
and no contextual dependenchy. To derive the meaning, the words can
simply be looked up in a dictionary and the resultant meanings strung along in
sequence. This is how language works. What I see being posted above is
an 'interpretation'. If I say 'cat', three people could have complete different
interpretations:

Person 1: Cat
Person 2: Dog
Person 3: Polysorbaglutimatialdiphoxide with a twist of lemon

The truth of the matter is that I said 'Cat' and Person 1's interpretation
equates to this truth, while Person 2's and 3's interprtation do not share
the equality. The response quoted above is an inequality. Allow me to ask
the question of interest again... can you move mountains (the considerable
elevation of earth's surface kind)?

Crunchy Cat said:
c20H25N3o, the words I quoted are 'Jesus'' words. There is no ambiguity
and no contextual dependenchy. To derive the meaning, the words can
simply be looked up in a dictionary and the resultant meanings strung along in
sequence. This is how language works. What I see being posted above is
an 'interpretation'. If I say 'cat', three people could have complete different
interpretations:

Person 1: Cat
Person 2: Dog
Person 3: Polysorbaglutimatialdiphoxide with a twist of lemon

The truth of the matter is that I said 'Cat' and Person 1's interpretation
equates to this truth, while Person 2's and 3's interprtation do not share
the equality. The response quoted above is an inequality. Allow me to ask
the question of interest again... can you move mountains (the considerable
elevation of earth's surface kind)?

Yes. Give me a shovel.

c20H25N3o: Yes. Give me a shovel.
M*W: What a cop-out you idiot! Get your own damn shovel. We're still waiting to see if you can move that mountain with your belief in Jesus.

Jesus is waiting, too!

c20H25N3o said:
Yes. Give me a shovel.

Thank you for the prompt response. I am glad to hear the answer is 'Yes'.
As a 'non-believer', I want to give you the opportunity to influence my
interpretation of existence / reality by performing the feat of moving a
mountain (the considerable elevation of earth's surface kind) by utilizing
faith. I'll even throw in a free shovel, airfare, hotel accomidations, and travel
accomidations to get within reasonable proximity of a mountain. If your faith
is strong enough to move that mountain, I will guarantee you that myself
and every sciforums 'non-believer' in this thread will become instant
advocates whom will dedicate the remainder of our days to Jesus. That's
a pretty sweet deal for a demo of a teensy weensy bit of faith no?

Medicine Woman said:
c20H25N3o: Yes. Give me a shovel.
M*W: What a cop-out you idiot! Get your own damn shovel. We're still waiting to see if you can move that mountain with your belief in Jesus.

Jesus is waiting, too!

Jesus is humble and mild. He would not ask me to do that which was beyond me. He is my friend.

M*W: TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE RELIGION FORUM, WE HAVE ARGUED WITH c20, AND WE ENDED UP BACK AT SQUARE ONE. WE HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT c20, AND WE HAVE REPORTED HIM TO James R. WE HAVE TAKEN A STRAW POLL TO REQUEST HE BE REMOVED FROM THE FORUM SO WE CAN GET BACK TO INTELLIGENT DEBATE. AS A MEMBER OF THIS FORUM, I HEREBY SUGGEST THAT ALL NON-CHRISTIANS PUT c20 ON IGNORE AS HE REQUESTS.
Screw that, c20H25N3o seems nice, and sincere. :m:

spidergoat that's got to be sarcasm.
have you read what your nice and sincere person believes.

C20H25N3o said:
God hates wickedness and I am glad He kills the unrepentant. I do not want them anywhere near me or mine. You are glad are you not when murderers found in your neigbourhood are removed from your presence? You are glad because your children are safer? What if whole nations were filled with wickedness? How do you find a prison big enough for them? You do not. You exterminate them. God cannot live with inequity. If you say God is wicked for removing the wicked from the land how stupid are you? I know to keep my mouth shut.

peace

c20

That means nothing more than wickedness is self-limiting. Too bad it doesn't really happen more often, for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. Notice, C20H25N30 didn't say that we should be playing God's role.

c20H25N3o said:
Jesus is humble and mild. He would not ask me to do that which was beyond me. He is my friend.

c20H25N3o, that's a real cop-out. Faith allows a person to do the impossible.
I realize this response was intended for MW; however, it applies to the
opportunity I have set before you and I felt it necessary to respond. Please
let me know if you would like to commit to the opportunity (it's a very nice
package).

pavlosmarcos said:
spidergoat that's got to be sarcasm.
have you read what your nice and sincere person believes.

I think genocide is a valid option to many people problems, but that's
just an opinion... much as c20H25N3o has his. There is no power in an
opinion unless it can influence the actions of others to become aligned
with it in some fashion. c20H25N3o has not demonstrated such influence;
however, for whatever reason he's found a few buttons to push with
some of the forum folks that result in rejection.

Crunchy Cat said:
c20H25N3o, that's a real cop-out. Faith allows a person to do the impossible.
I realize this response was intended for MW; however, it applies to the
opportunity I have set before you and I felt it necessary to respond. Please
let me know if you would like to commit to the opportunity (it's a very nice
package).

Is it a loving thing to ask me to do it? Do you ask me to do it because you love me?

peace

c20

c20H25N3o said:
Is it a loving thing to ask me to do it? Do you ask me to do it because you love me?

peace

c20

In other words: NO.

READ: I would rather turn this into an endless array of rhetorical questions and preaching to circumvent any charges of dishonesty.

At least you tried Crunch Cat. Lord knows we all have..

I say God is love. The unbelievers despise me and say "Do some miracle of faith to prove your God exists."
I say "Is it loving to ask me to take a shovel and move a whole physical mountain?"
They say "See, you will not do it. Your faith is worthless."
I say "Open your eyes. The one you reject is your friend."

peace

c20

Yo c20,

With or without Jesus, you know absolutely that you cannot move a mountain. Period.

Ahem.

c20H25N3o said:
I say God is love. The unbelievers despise me and say "Do some miracle of faith to prove your God exists."
I say "Is it loving to ask me to take a shovel and move a whole physical mountain?"
They say "See, you will not do it. Your faith is worthless."
I say "Open your eyes. The one you reject is your friend."

peace

c20

In other words, although I was promised the power of Holy Spirit to move mountains, the simple fact that there simply has been NO even remotely spectacular feat by any Christians is not at all a problem. In fact, I will blame it on the unbeliever, the reason I can't move mountains is because they one they reject is their friend.

Such flawless reasoning

§outh§tar said:
In other words, although I was promised the power of Holy Spirit to move mountains, the simple fact that there simply has been NO even remotely spectacular feat by any Christians is not at all a problem. In fact, I will blame it on the unbeliever, the reason I can't move mountains is because they one they reject is their friend.

Such flawless reasoning

The first temptation took the form of a challenge to Jesus. The tempter said, "If you are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread." On the surface, this is really no big deal. What can Jesus not do? After all, He is God, the Creator of the Universe. This turning the stone to bread is easier than anything else He will face in His later life.

But Jesus did not do that. Instead, He said, "It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God."

Every word spoken by God is in love for His people. Satan's challenge was to provoke Jesus into obeying Satan's command and was most definately not spoken in love.

Jesus was the Word made flesh. He came as a human being to empathise in the flesh because we are made flesh and He oves us as we are. He did not come to do cheap tricks to show off His power and belittle us but rather to give up His own life for us that we may know the Way. When Jesus performed miracles it was done in love, not because He was provoked. Love is never provoked.

Do you love me?

peace

c20

spidergoat said:
Screw that, c20H25N3o seems nice, and sincere. :m:

Phew I am glad someone sees me clearly enough. Thank you spidergoat. Be prepared to be hated now even as I am ;)

peace

c20

c20H25N3o said:
The first temptation took the form of a challenge to Jesus. The tempter said, "If you are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread." On the surface, this is really no big deal. What can Jesus not do? After all, He is God, the Creator of the Universe. This turning the stone to bread is easier than anything else He will face in His later life.

But Jesus did not do that. Instead, He said, "It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God."

Every word spoken by God is in love for His people. Satan's challenge was to provoke Jesus into obeying Satan's command and was most definately not spoken in love.

Jesus was the Word made flesh. He came as a human being to empathise in the flesh because we are made flesh and He oves us as we are. He did not come to do cheap tricks to show off His power and belittle us but rather to give up His own life for us that we may know the Way. When Jesus performed miracles it was done in love, not because He was provoked. Love is never provoked.

Do you love me?

peace

c20

Can you please provide any extrabiblical records of Jesus' miracles so that I know you are not being prejudiced?

Back