Would knowing how the brain works lead to madness?

Why?

Registered Senior Member
If you knew how and why the brain did the things it did, wouldn't you psychoanalyze yourself to death? How could you function knowing how your actions are pre-determined?

You post some of the strangest, weirdest, oddest, most non-sensical topics of anyone that I've ever known.

Is there something wrong with you? How could you possibly be "normal"?

Baron Max

You post some of the strangest, weirdest, oddest, most non-sensical topics of anyone that I've ever known.

Is there something wrong with you? How could you possibly be "normal"?

Baron Max

LMAO I have thought the exact thing myself!

But what is "normal" Baron?

It could lead to a cure for madness.

There is no guarantee that the brain works in a "pre-determined" way. You know how dice work, but their output is unpredictable.

But, with dice, you know all the possible combinations. Obviously, the mind has a lot more combinations than a pair of dice. But, if you knew in general terms what made you decide to do things, wouldn't that lead to an endless loop of self-analysis that would drive you nuts?

But, with dice, you know all the possible combinations. Obviously, the mind has a lot more combinations than a pair of dice. But, if you knew in general terms what made you decide to do things, wouldn't that lead to an endless loop of self-analysis that would drive you nuts?

Is that why your here, to get help?

I will speak to others on this site, who are clearly more intelligent than you are.

Yes, I am assuming God doesn't have a tiny brain like ours. Wow, that's a shocker.

But, that's all it is, exactly, an assumption. Thanks. That's NOT a shocker.

Well, how could an omnipotent being think like man? Man is limited, God is not. That's not an assumption.

Back