A Swastika found on YUGIO cards!! oh no!!

Discussion in 'History' started by Hideki Matsumoto, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

That is not a swastika. I see its already answered, byeeeeee

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Roman Banned Banned

In Lovecraftian mythology, the Deep Ones use swastikas to repel the Outer Gods, like Cthulu.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

The people who REALLY run America.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I understand your frustration Hideki. Technically I believe you are correct. However, symbols are ........symbolic. They are evocative, they stir emotions and reactions. For many anything that looks superficially like a swastika is a swastika. Even if its colour, orientation and direction differ. And it generates the corresponding emotional response, which logic and technical correctness will stand little chance of correcting.

8. River Ape Valued Senior Member

So how come the Nazis were using the swastika as their symbol as early as 1920 and Adolf Hitler refers to the adoption of the symbol in Mein Kampf (1924)?

BTW [1], the average Nazi - knowing the symbol as das Hakenkreuz - would probably have been baffled by the word Sanskit word "swastika".

BTW [2], the symbol was incorporated in a score of designs by the Nazis, often surrounded by a wreath rather than set within a circle. As can be seen by viewing Leni Riefenstahl's movie Triumph des Willens, the symbol was not invariably tilted.

9. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

As a symbol thats been about for hundreds of years it bears no scrutiny, but as a symbol that was around for about 15 years, it bears distrust and hatred as seen recently here in England with the unjust chastisement of Prince Harry for wearing it at a fancy dress party. Its about time the world stopped playing nice guy to the jewish population and tell them to get on with their lives! The jews will never let the rest of us forget the holocaust, until Armageddon they will let it prey on our minds. Let it go, its history and gone.

10. Xylene Valued Senior Member

The swaztika was originally a good-luck symbol, I believe, that's been around for thousands of years, as many have pointed out in this thread. Because of his occult beliefs, Hitler took the old symbol and inverted it.

11. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

I think the swastika was some way associated with Aryan race. Since Hitler wanted the perfect race,Aryan, he took the swastika. I could be wrong.

12. redsoulja Registered Member

the swastika was an ancient hindu symbol that meant purity of character/peoples not in the racial sense hitler being the intelligent mass psycho-propagandist seized the concept (he read lots of ancient hindu literature) and utilized it for his causes, first o fall the symbol was simple, something the average man can easily be indoctrinated by, it already had a history relating to the concept of purity (in terms of character) preventing his critics from being able to say that he was making up symbols, and it was a sun symbol, it also represented good luck in the hindu religion as well. It actually predates Hinduism to around the Indus Valley Civilization to the pre-vedic diety of Vishnu. It also happened that around that time the Nazis were fascinated by spiritualism and mysticism, and some specific woman actually rallied to become the logo of the Nazi party and she succeeded. Myself i dont understand why one must be offended by it since it has more older connotations than that of Fascist Germany.

ps visit http://www.redsoulja.tk

13. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Swastika was there before hindus or hinduism. It's an ancient indoeuropean symbol and was brought in India the same way it was brought in Europe.
    Balts have been using swastika (or 'firecross' here) since we came to live by the Baltic sea.
    Same goes for other indoeuropean tribes (nowaday germans included) when they ventured forward to the west.

14. redsoulja Registered Member

thats once theory, others state it existed in numerous cultures before hinduism and most other great civs started up, the mayans, egyptians and many other peoples thought of it as teh symbol of life, and the sun, although the indoeuropeans may have also had it in ancient times, there is no distinct origin, most liekly multiple early civs over longer periods adopted the symbol...

visit http://www.redsoulja.tk