Bring back spookz.

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by outlandish, Jan 20, 2004.

?

bring him back?

1. yes.

68.6%
  2. no.

31.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bells Staff Member

Personally I think the ban was unfair. The same rules should to apply to everyone in the same manner, regardless of whether you're a mod or just a mere member. Some mods have been as guilty as the members of flaming, abuse and obscenities. If you punish one, then you should punish all in the same way, regardless of whether they're a mod or member. If you stuff up then you should face the consequence of your actions. If a mod participates in another forum aside from the one they moderate they are but a mere participant, therefore they should come under the same rules that apply to the rest of the members. Turning a blind eye to unfair practices only breeds further contempt. We members are expected to behave, so isn't it only fair that the mods also fall under that same expectation? We're all guilty of flaming and carrying on and I think the banning vote and warnings and sanctions are a great idea. But it would only really work if they applied to everyone in the same way.

Porf we all really like this place and it's proven in the fact that we continually post here. All we're asking is the rules to apply to everyone in the same way. We are all aware that the decision is ultimately yours to make as you were the one to create all this and now get to see it in its madness. But the fact of the matter is that we are all part of that madness.

And the same should apply to the notion of voting. To be fair, all should have the right to vote, be they moderators or members. After all, the moderators also take part in the discussions which occur in this forum, so in that they should be allowed to vote just as much as we members are allowed to vote.

There I've had my say. While it's all probably bull, that is my opinion.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

ev, you have to beat coffee with a rubber hose pipe, that's the only thing he responds to!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

but seriously:
    I don't think Dave will bring back spookz, undermining leadership power and all that (I think it's in chapter 4 of the "despots's manual" or something).
    However, that does raise one question. Was this poll a waste of time? I mean suppose the yes' have a majority would you re consider it Dave??

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

bells:

heh heh you sly dog you.
    You have a glittering career as a diplomat in the UN ahead of you....

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

"While it's all probably bull, that is my opinion."
    I think you undermine your cause with this statement. What you had to say was not bull. Every so called abuse by Spookz has been shown by Xev and she is a mod! I've seen her go on rampages to simply annoy and spew racial bigotry. I've seen her without cause, call certain members effeminate or dickless. And she is a mod! She then deletes posts, lies that the deletions were a mistake, takes that assertion away when Porfiry bans Spookz, and gets off without any disciplinary action. How the fuck then is any institution of a set of behaviours supposed to work when those responsible for ensuring ahderance cannot even follow said rules? It is illogical, and hypocritical, and it shall fail.

8. Xev Registered Senior Member

Irrelevent in any case. Porfiry has already stated that spookz is banned.
    No matter how many votes this poll reaches.

Fountainhed, you're an vicious fool and a liar. I never said the deletion was a mistake - I said it was ill-considered, as I should have given you enough rope to hang yourself - and that I accidentally deleted one that I had meant to leave behind.

9. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I think that the '100' votes is more or less a guideline for porfiry. He didn't wait after all for 100 votes before he merged computerscience and nerd culture.

In any case, isn't this how it is supposed to work with the open government.

We are allowed to make a suggestion that Spookz is unbanned, which Porfiry can take into consideration (and even veto if he so desires).

Last edited: Jan 21, 2004
  10. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

xev, 2 questions:

In light of the reasons for spookz banning by Dave:

1) Do you think that Dave should take some action against you for the issues raised by me in the "formal complaint" thread in SF?
    2) What should be the nature of such action?

You're honesty and objectivity would be grately apreciated.

PS: I don't want to link that thread in the current climate, incase Dave bans me for Spamming.

11. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

" I don't want to link that thread in the current climate, incase Dave bans me for Spamming. "

Watch that scarcasm mate, you might get banned for complaining.

Oops.

12. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

"Fountainhed, you're an vicious fool and a liar. I never said the deletion was a mistake - I said it was ill-considered, as I should have given you enough rope to hang yourself - and that I accidentally deleted one that I had meant to leave behind."

Porfiry, everything remains. I didn't delete anything that was on-topic or relevent- er - I did by mistake but it was restored. n any case, if you care I can easily show this.
    However, the spookz/fountainhed duo has been disrupting pretty much every semi-useful discussion in most forums and I've had enough. I've already heard enough people complaining that discussion is near-impossible with the constant one-liners
    by Xev, 01-19-04, 03:16 PM . Edited: Last edited by Xev : 01-19-04 at 03:24 PM.

13. sweet Pentax Registered Senior Member

Irrelevent in any case. Porfiry has already stated that spookz is banned.
    No matter how many votes this poll reaches.

so why does porfiry participate in the poll ? is it really just a farce ?

14. Xev Registered Senior Member

fountainhed:
    Yes, I noted that I accidentally deleted something that was on topic and relevent but restored it.
    That's a far cry from saying that I mistakenly deleted the thread.

Watch your step now on, as it seems clear that your antics are not being tolerated as they once were. It's awfully nice to see you making more of an effort to conform to site decorum - you've already toned down the sheer ugliness of your language - a prudent move.

Wraith:
    I have no idea what you're referring to. Get a life.

15. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

As a moderator you should also be wise not to antagonize people unnecessarily. You claim to be intelligent and therefore I assume you are aware that remarks like this can antagonize people. This could therefore be seen as a purposeful act of eliciting an attack making your own position stronger and the opponents weaker.

But of course, you could just be stupid and not realize this.

16. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

What the hell are you on? There was nothing deleted that was restored by you! I had to repost my first response in its entirety.

Watch my step, my antics? Goddamn it Porfiry, why do you fill the clown with more confidence to make such moronic assertions? Since Spookz got banned, I recall reading a post whereby you told boombox to put his head where his balls belonged. Porf undermines his own authority.

Woman, I made a decision prior to Spookz being banned to not fuck around with people, yes. It was a conscious decision based on the fact that my goals were accomplished. Those I wanted to have a better understanding of, the pretensious pricks, you included, had become far too transparent and predictable. I got bored. Besides, it undermined my ability to engage in serious discussions. Point being, there was no forum decorum. You as a mod clearly displays this absence.

What would be a prudent move would be for Porf to realize your inability to be a mod.

17. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

xev:

yes I'm well aware you have no idea, hence me giving you all the clues in the sentence:

...my thread "formal complaint" in SF.....

SF being site feedback.
    Now see if you can figure it out.
    I'd apreciate an answer please.

....to the questions I posed...just incase you're feeling a little confused.

18. Firefly Registered Senior Member

I'm curious, do other mods get criticised in the same way Xev is in this thread??

19. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

I think it's hard to argue with this statement. This is clearly true.

20. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Firefly, of course we do. If I didn't have the experience my parents put me through, then this would be a truly horrible position. All those beatings, locked closets, and yelling have prepared me to a be mod.

21. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

This would be fair:

- bring back Spookz.
    - have clear guidelines about what is possible in posts and what not.
    - bring back Spookz.
    - delete on-the-man remarks in posts.
    - apply same rules to mods, such as Xev.
    - bring back Spookz.

I can't believe that Porfiry doesn't see what is wrong with your attitude, Xev. Look at James R, admire his integrity. Admire how he respects people and defeats the idiots with logic and reason. See how he never used the word "cocksucker". Understand why that is. Learn from him.

22. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

spookz:

dude, if you're reading this (which I'm pretty sure you are) just rejoin under a diff name...job done,

end of story.

be sure to PM me and let me know though....

23. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

If spookz came back, under a different name, and didn't ever insult me again; then I would have no problem with him being here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.