Film/Movie Recommendations

[video=youtube_share;P2KFG4ZibCQ]http://youtu.be/P2KFG4ZibCQ[/video]

Employers can credit the story told by the accused and can even discipline the complainant for a false complaint. However, the employer runs the risk that, if the accusation was true, the victim of the harassment can take the employer to court. On the other hand, if the employer credits the story of the accuser, the employer runs little risk that the accused will be able to sue it. Thus, employers often take no chances. They opt for firing the accused, who has limited rights under federal and state laws to challenge their termination.

Discharging an employee based on an accusation of sexual harassment is not unlawful, even if the accusation is not correct.

http://www.fklaborlaw.com/faqs/Sexual-harassment-accused-rights.html#A-2

Wow! Really?

It seems that women can paint men however they want, e.g., pedophiles, perverts, rapists, etc., and without any consequences for doing so. Now that, is power!

Awhile back, I was helping my son prepare for a job interview. We spent a great deal of time studying and practicing. Only two questions were asked that were job related. The rest of them were about sexual harassment in the workplace.

As the mother of sons, I have to worry about whether I've made sure that they both understand what being a responsible male means. I sure hope that the mothers of daughters have done the same. I didn't realize that I had to worry about my son’s rights, or lack thereof.

Being a man isn't a walk in the park, is it? :(

ran.jpg

Charlie Chaplain's Modern Times, his last flick. He doesn't talk, but he does sing - and quite well too. :)

Good to see you around again, Cosmic.

[video=youtube;vIu85WQTPRc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIu85WQTPRc[/video]
This movie will mark his 60th anniversary. The king is returning and a king's return is never silent.
In 1954, humanity begot it's nuclear child from our own hubris, he is the force of our annihilation, a monument to our capacity for destruction, he is....Godzilla.

Last edited:
Anybody seen this one?

grave-encounters-Smaller.jpg

To summarize it very quickly, it's like The Blair Witch Project with a bigger budget, in a haunted abandoned psychiatric hospital. There's a sequel but as is usually the case, it doesn't quite live up to the original, nevertheless both movies can be found fairly easily on Youtube and elsewhere online.

I found it extraordinarily creepy and entertaining, acting and effects were pretty good, can't help but feel extreme sympathy for all the trapped victims. Plus it was filmed in a real abandoned hospital here in Canada, so I gotta support.

"Citizen Kane" with Orson Welles. 5 out of 5 stars, one of the best films ever made.

Anybody seen this one?

grave-encounters-Smaller.jpg

To summarize it very quickly, it's like The Blair Witch Project with a bigger budget, in a haunted abandoned psychiatric hospital. There's a sequel but as is usually the case, it doesn't quite live up to the original, nevertheless both movies can be found fairly easily on Youtube and elsewhere online.

I found it extraordinarily creepy and entertaining, acting and effects were pretty good, can't help but feel extreme sympathy for all the trapped victims. Plus it was filmed in a real abandoned hospital here in Canada, so I gotta support.

I watched it and the sequel, the original was far better.

guess the movie from the description:

"a 1978 American science fiction film about an unhappy teenage loner who discovers an alien laser cannon and goes on a murderous rampage, seeking revenge against those who he feels have wronged him"

guess the movie from the description:

"a 1978 American science fiction film about an unhappy teenage loner who discovers an alien laser cannon and goes on a murderous rampage, seeking revenge against those who he feels have wronged him"

Laserblast

1978 - PG-13 - 85 minutes

Misfit teen Billy Duncan leads a miserable existence. That changes, however, when Billy finds a laser gun abandoned in the desert by a pair of aliens. Now, Billy has the supernatural powers that will enable him to get back at his enemies.

Cast: Kim Milford, Cheryl Smith, Gianni Russo, Ron Masak, Dennis Burkley, Barry Cutler, Mike Bobenko, Eddie Deezen, Keenan Wynn, Roddy McDowall

Genre: Alien Sci-Fi, Sci-Fi Thrillers, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

[video=youtube;SRaXI8O1IKM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRaXI8O1IKM[/video]

"D'Jango Unchained", Quinton Tarantino. 5 out of 5 stars, great flick, would see again.

Even for the movies i like i have criticisms that i thank woud make it a beter movie... but DJango Unchained... no changes needed... perfect as is :)

I watched it and the sequel, the original was far better.

I agree wholeheartedly. Blair Witch 2 completely killed everything that was so frightening and disturbing about the original, and while I thought Grave Encounters 2 was a far better effort at a sequel by comparison, I still felt it didn't hold a candle to the original and it too is guilty of partially breaking with the found footage format that made the original seem so convincing. I thought some of the details revealed in the sequel added depth to the original storyline, learning more about the history of the hospital and what the spirits haunting it are capable of, and I enjoyed the work of the actor who played Lance Preston in both movies.

My biggest grievance regarding the sequel is how unconvincingly the people in it react to the hauntings. If the place is already creepy enough on its own as is, you already saw a found footage documentary that purported to show the horrifying deaths and disappearances of a previous film crew at that same location, and you just witnessed a ouija board violently smashing itself around a room, you ought to be paralyzed with fear and losing control of your bladder and bowels, not hiding in a barricaded room giggling like a bunch of schoolgirls caught sneaking into the staff lounge. How many cameramen would take care to film every second of their torment while they're in the middle of being chased by a ghost that's trying to rip them to pieces, or hiding in a closet watching ghost surgeons performing a lobotomy?

Back