Hey guys...need some relationship advice...

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Thoreau, Aug 8, 2017.

?

♫♫Should I stay or should I go now? ♫♫

1. Stay!

2. Go!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

For production of children (presuming biological children are wanted) yes
    A woman is born with ALL the eggs she will produce
    I lost my chart of how many are lost between birth and fertility and how many are lost in the following years
    The older all of the remaining eggs become the less fertile and more chance of birth defects
    It may not be a woman's thing if you like to be politically correct and say the man is involved
    Good luck getting him pregnant

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. exchemist Valued Senior Member

It's true I am referring to one aspect of the body clock, viz, as it affects procreation. But considering that most people seeking a partner to make a home with have some idea of the possibility of a family, I don't think it is unreasonable to refer to it. And it is a fact that human egg quality drops rapidly in a woman's 30s, in a way that the quality of sperm in a man does not. Biology seems not to have been able to keep up with the twists and turns of N. American sexual politics.

I speak again from personal experience. My wife and I had great difficulty getting a child because my wife was 40 when we married. We had a long series of miscarriages, due, so the geneticist told us, to genetic defects in the embryos causing them to be spontaneously aborted. These defects arise, I learned, because when the egg develops it requires a separating of the pairs of chromosomes, so that only one of each pair is present. The chromosome pairs become "sticky" in older women, leading to chromosomal defects occurring during the process. It was a long and painful journey for us both and we only have the one child, as a result. We started too late.

Many people today assume they have all the time in the world when in fact they do not. And it is the woman's body clock that is the cause of the issue. It may seem old-fashioned to point this out, but it is a biological truth.

The God likes this.
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. The God Valued Senior Member

Wish younger kids, stuck in career rat race, read this. I am having couple of pairs in late 30s, still not able to decide on parenthood. Can't teach them.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Thoreau:

I wonder what his plans are. Live with his parents forever?

Or is he planning to move out on his own? When? At some indeterminate future time, or does he actually have solid plans?

8. exchemist Valued Senior Member

9. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

In all her description, Thoreau has not once mentioned anything about children.
    Anyway, stepping back.