Muslim man sets 11yr old girl on fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
orleander thats life.

There are some of the ritchest people in the world living in the US but yet there are people on the streets begging for money and your social security system is time limited.

You know nothing about America. You know nothing about anything.

Why? India educates some of the smartest people in the world. Why then are there people in their country living on less than a dollar a day?
It seems INCREDIBLY selfish

Huh? Do you how countries like America sustain their society? They maintain this social unequality through the conditions they set down for doing business with other countries. Thats why they are able to get goods and services from the rest of the world for pieces of paper [dollars]

http://www.globalissues.org/article/3/structural-adjustment-a-major-cause-of-poverty

Orleander,
so unemployment benifts arnt limited to 18 months or whatever it is?

Your quite happy to comment on india, dont get prissy when someone comments on the US

Huh? Do you how Americans sustain their society? They maintain this social unequality through the conditions they set down for doing business with other countries. Thats why they are able to get goods and services from the rest of the world for pieces of paper [dollars]

what? :confused: Are you saying its America's fault that social inequality exists in India?

No I'm saying its not unusual. Its like school shootings. One is a tragedy, 100 is a statistic. But if it takes a Muslim doing it for it to hit international attention, maybe there is some good coming out of all the Islamophobia.

I don't really care about the religion aspect of it. It wasn't his religion that struck me.

What struck me was that what happened to this girl is a statistic. That something like this could be deemed to be a mere statistic is deeply disturbing and distressing.

social inequity exists in ALL sociaties

In australia the ratio between CEO salery and the average wage has gone up from 33:1 to 66:1

Concidering the min wage in the US i would expect that gap to be even HIGHER in the US

what? :confused: Are you saying its America's fault that social inequality exists in India?

Not just the US. The British created the Third World and the G8 and Americans have continued the policies they initiated to ensure this economic inequality. Why else [and how else] would brilliant people leave their countries to come to the west? How else would there be a ready market for their finished goods while ensuring cheap raw materials and labour supply? :p

Debt is one of the most efficient tools in the modern global economy and the only way to keep it going is to have sufficient military might.

I don't really care about the religion aspect of it. It wasn't his religion that struck me.

What struck me was that what happened to this girl is a statistic. That something like this could be deemed to be a mere statistic is deeply disturbing and distressing.

yes it is. But its just one of the repercussions of poverty and ignorance. There are many to choose from.

Orleander,
so unemployment benifts arnt limited to 18 months or whatever it is?

Your quite happy to comment on india, dont get prissy when someone comments on the US

I wouldn't know. Any time I have ever lost a job I haven't sat on a lazy fat ass and whined about not having a job. I got another job. If a person is unable to get a job after a year and a half they aren't trying hard enough. They are lazy. LAZY!!!

And in the US, people don't get unemployment for near that long. Shows how much you know about the US.

of corse orleander, keep living in that ivory tower, dont actually look outside to see the REAL world will you

She's saying that the US and other first world countries benefits from the social inequality that exists in India.

Sadly, whatever India does get in return is rarely applied to the population at large. There is extreme poverty in countries like India. And many in the West are probably happy that it remains so because it does help them.. cheap labour source for one.. desperate people in desperate situations will do whatever they can and sometimes, other countries, or more to the point, companies in the West take advantage of that. It's not just in India, but it happens in a lot of other countries as well.

Not just the US. The British created the Third World and the G8 and Americans have continued the policies they initiated to ensure this economic inequality. Why else [and how else] would brilliant people leave their countries to come to the west? How else would there be a ready market for their finished goods while ensuring cheap raw materials and labour supply? :p

Debt is one of the most efficient tools in the modern global economy and the only way to keep it going is to have sufficient military might.

yes it is. But its just one of the repercussions of poverty and ignorance. There are many to choose from.

Unbelievable. Its like OJ Simpson blaming 'the man' for keeping him down and that's the reason he killed his wife. Its not his fault.

I wouldn't know. Any time I have ever lost a job I haven't sat on a lazy fat ass and whined about not having a job. I got another job. If a person is unable to get a job after a year and a half they aren't trying hard enough. They are lazy. LAZY!!!

Is it? If a farmer is committing suicide every 8 hours, how many jobs are available for his unqualified family do you think? And in India there is no such animal as unemployment benefits. So if you don't have a job, you starve, its simple as that.

of corse orleander, keep living in that ivory tower, dont actually look outside to see the REAL world will you

whatever. Again, you know nothing and resort to insults. And I say that while laughing at you in my ivory tower. The ivory tower I worked my ass of to build myself.

S.A.M.
do you happen to know the tax revinue and the bugitry expenditure (in rough terms, not the fully detailed version) for india?

Is it? If a farmer is committing suicide every 8 hours, how many jobs are available for his unqualified family do you think? And in India there is no such animal as unemployment benefits. So if you don't have a job, you starve, its simple as that.

I wasn't talking about unemployment benefits in India because that isn't what Asguard was talking about, now was it?

America tries to take care of its people with Welfare, Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Food Stamps, etc. Its not a perfect system, but its better than having our poor sell their children.

And considering I come from farm country, I never met a farmer or rancher who didn't have a second source of income. Farming is too defendant on the weather to be without a second job.

Unbelievable. Its like OJ Simpson blaming 'the man' for keeping him down and that's the reason he killed his wife. Its not his fault.

You could pretend thats what it is, or you could choose to get informed:

http://www.consciouschoice.com/2007/03/thoughtforfood0703.html

The most significant way to combat illiteracy and superstition is through education and for that we need to fight extreme poverty.

I wasn't talking about unemployment benefits in India because that isn't what Asguard was talking about, now was it?

America tries to take care of its people with Welfare, Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Food Stamps, etc. Its not a perfect system, but its better than having our poor sell their children.

And considering I come from farm country, I never met a farmer or rancher who didn't have a second source of income. Farming is too defendant on the weather to be without a second job.

Second source of income? You're kidding right? You really need to get out a bit. Make a trip to Kenya or Ethiopia and tell those people how lazy they are.

or even australia if you want to see a first world farmer. Try asking them if they have time to drive into one of the capital cities and "work" or if the farm is all they have time for. I encorage you to call them lazy and see the responce you get.

Thankfully our goverment doesnt leave people to stave because of the drought, even so the unemployment rate is rising as workers are layed off from buiness which surport farming

....Second source of income? You're kidding right? You really need to get out a bit. Make a trip to Kenya or Ethiopia and tell those people how lazy they are.

I WASN'T TALKING ABOUT KENYAN OR ETHOPIAN OR INDIAN FARMERS!!!!

I was talking about AMERICAN farmers, which is ASGUARD AND I were talking about.

I know INDIAN FARMERS don't have a pot to piss in because their government hasn't built the infrastructure that AMERICA has. And I know you think its ALL AMERICA AND BRITIAN's fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back