Should Racism be tolerated in these forums?

Should Racism be tolerated on these forums?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
ah fuck you all anyway. It is still a fucking bogus infraction.

fucking intelligent community my ass.

can't say anything any more because some piece of shit might take offense.

do you happen to know how many pieces of shit there are in the world?

American are fat, Europeans are liberal was a perfectly good statement. No more words were needed.

Got an infraction (which were abolished by popular vote twice) now again for something ridiculous. For stating that the poll I made is successful in my eyes. WHat the fuck can be wrong about that? Trolling? Well, why don't you just fucking delete the entire forum. It's all trolling.

WHAT THE FUCK ALL YOU ALL PLAYING AT KILLING THE SPIRIT OF SCIFORUMS?

And you of all people. People that have been part of the community for so long.

hmmm...

Racism should not be tolerated anywhere! However, we have to be careful what we consider racism. Merely stating that Americans are fat is not considered racism. Maybe someone should look up this word in Webster. I would call this more of a stereotype. If you were to look at statical data on the percentage of Americans that are overweight, you'll see that more than 50% of them are. I know this article is old but look at the first one that comes up when you type "overweight Americans" in google.

Now, if CBS can say it, I don't think there is anything wrong.

We should not tolerate the hatred/dislike/bashing of anyone due to race/ethnicity/gender. It is wrong. Alright, enough said. I hope I didn't step on anyone's tail...

No, not an infraction, a warning of ill behavior.
There are no points and you don't get banned
There warnings before infractions, just now it's automated so that all mods see on what you were warned about.

this is wildly unreal. why a month? everything seem to fall into place with tiassa
pic. is this the first time anybody ever bothered to explain to spurious. or even investigate his concerns?

FUCKEN HELL!! After reading about this crazy infraction for what seems like 5 hours I now see what actually happened. Thanks for the explanation, Tiassa.

Why JamesR was incapable/unwilling to explain this point to us himself is beyond me...

So Count is now banned for good? Hmmm, he was definately a racist and that last stunt with the sniped article was sneaky, but on the whole he seemed honest even though he was twisted. If racists are to be tolerated are there any examples of such members who would be acceptable?

Gustav said:

this is wildly unreal. why a month?

I don't have any good answer for that, Gustav. Only speculation.

• • •​

Spurousmonkey said:

Dude, I just want you to stick around; you're one of my two favorite malcontents. Really. Seriously. The new breed just isn't as smart as you, and one thing I am willing to speculate on behalf of my fellows is that we're puzzled why you're running with the cheap riot. You can fuel much better riots than this.

Dude, I just want you to stick around; you're one of my two favorite malcontents. Really. Seriously. The new breed just isn't as smart as you, and one thing I am willing to speculate on behalf of my fellows is that we're puzzled why you're running with the cheap riot. You can fuel much better riots than this.

but why the fuck didn't someone just point out this to me before. I complained about it before and now it just kept festering. :(

bah
you are such a softie. a girlie man ;)
boot camp my boy
perhaps this time around i can help rather than ignore

but why the fuck didn't someone just point out this to me before. I complained about it before and now it just kept festering.

:( I'm sorry I didn't check, I took your complaint at face value and in some respects it made me even judge James R a little wrong :(

All I can say is:

CLEAN UP! Aisle 4

"No point crying over spilt milk" ;) Now.... where to start cleaning up the Aisle???

while jamesr is in no way responsible for the monkeys stupidity, it will go a long way for this community, if he extends a hand in solidarity with spurious
a mth of hell
even tho self inflicted, arouses a lot of compassion in me for my friend
i apologize cos i could have paid more attention

you really aren't the brightest of the bunch. Infractions were abolished some time ago.

didn't you get the memo?

You can't get infractions.

Yet it is all ok for James R to troll and threaten with a ban because someone has hurt his little heart. Oh boohoo. Yet it is not ok to complain about it.

You are so corrupt you could live in Washington. Shame on you. Shame on you.

*Sigh*

Did you even look at the list in your profile? Infractions were abolished recently, not when you got the warning for the Americans are fat comment. If you look at your profile, you'll see yo actually received infractions before and after the racism warning.

You can't get infractions now. But back then you could. Just because infractions have been recently abolished, does not mean that a warning you received a month ago immediately became a warning from an infraction. Had that been the case, all the other infractions that existed in your profile would have changed to warnings.

You aren't complaining about it monkey. You're are carrying on like a squirrel on crack. It's getting old. He's threatened to ban you because you keep harping on about a warning, ignoring pleas to stop, ignoring the fact that it was not an infraction but a frigging warning.

but why the fuck didn't someone just point out this to me before. I complained about it before and now it just kept festering.
I had assumed you would have known enough to check the profile and would have noticed.:shrug:

It's 4.20 and I'm sober, damn it!

Spuriousmonkey said:

but why the fuck didn't someone just point out this to me before. I complained about it before and now it just kept festering

Like I told Gustav, I can't give an official answer.

My speculation ... well:

• Maybe James thought you already knew this and were playing your revolutionary part

• Some of my fellows may have shared the notion that there was communication taking place via private message

• I was serious, when I posted the question in the other topic; it annoys us when we follow up the complaint and find that it hinges on what is essentially a political point of view (this happens between members in other arguments as well, especially in Politics, Religion, and EM&J); some of my fellows may have looked into it and decided to leave it between you and James for, essentially, lack of evidence or appearance of ... well, dishonesty​

I also want to make the point that when certain of our members decided to start their riot, we were to a degree saddened to see some of the folks we liked jumping on the bandwagon. If these members, especially, had given us something better to work with during the uprising, perhaps the whole thing would have gone better. You were one of those members we wondered about; we couldn't figure out why you threw in with this particular uprising°. In the meantime, I would ask you to recall when you inquired about our patience with Gustav, and I replied that we were sympathetic to his former self. Whether or not you believe it, you've received some of that sympathy.

The only reason I picked up this argument when I did was a feeling. You weren't banned because part of the staff was sympathetic to your history at and value to Sciforums, and, frankly, though I wouldn't be able to make any specific point even with that back-room discussion laid out here, it just seemed like everyone was running out of time on this fight, and it was going to end one way or another. And, well, we all know which way that would have been.

For myself, sir, I really did think you were playing some part related to the earlier uprising. The thing is that James isn't obliged to give you any better explanations than he did; between that and the notion that we don't get to know what private communications are taking place unless someone tells us ... I figured there was some discussion going on. Maybe James is reading through this with gritted teeth, thinking, There was. We don't get to know that. So, for the rest of us, all we can do is take notes on this one and try to remember for when it's our turn to go rounds with a member over something.

We do love our Monkey. Probably more than is healthy, though I'll worry about that when the GOP comes to pass a law against this brand of monkey-love. But no, I wouldn't expect that anyone will actually answer for this round.

Notes:

° this particular uprising - There is a certain irony afoot that I cannot stress enough: If the moderation was not subject to such intense complaint about inconsistency and lax standards, the particular flag in question might not have been issued. I can't speak for James R specifically on this one, but I personally issued some infractions specifically because people were demanding we be more stringent. And yes, I pissed some people off by doing so. I don't make this point to rub it in, or anything. Rather, I'm aware some folks are paying attention to this fight, so I would like to take the opportunity to remind them that the moderators are only as priggish as y'all ask us to be. There are some to whom that sounds simply wrong, but there's nothing I can do about it until we rename this place Fantasyforums, or Faerytaleforums. And, frankly, that ain't gonna happen.

Last edited:
*Sigh*

Did you even look at the list in your profile? Infractions were abolished recently, not when you got the warning for the Americans are fat comment. If you look at your profile, you'll see yo actually received infractions before and after the racism warning.

You can't get infractions now. But back then you could. Just because infractions have been recently abolished, does not mean that a warning you received a month ago immediately became a warning from an infraction. Had that been the case, all the other infractions that existed in your profile would have changed to warnings.

You aren't complaining about it monkey. You're are carrying on like a squirrel on crack. It's getting old. He's threatened to ban you because you keep harping on about a warning, ignoring pleas to stop, ignoring the fact that it was not an infraction but a frigging warning.

I had assumed you would have known enough to check the profile and would have noticed.:shrug:

whatever. keep him in check. maybe someone will care about what you say. you know.

morals

ethics.

can't really take you seriously at all. i have never seen someone corrupt so easily as I have seen you being gobbled up.

flexible principles syndrome.

i do not care nor want to understand sci's system of punishment. i see "you have received....,

thats it. check for validity and go from there
that shit is for rocket scientists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back