The Illuminati are not the Free Masons.

Discussion in 'History' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Feb 18, 2011.

1. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Scientology is a similar sort of scam. The joke there is it was actually founded by a writer of sci-fi and fantasy stories. You'd have to be a real idiot to go in for that, but……..

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

thanks. Yes his group was Scientology - I just could not drag up a 60 year old memory of the name, but knew I would recognize it if I searched. Related items in memory are more easily recalled after one is - I now remember Ron Hubbard was the founder. - I wonder how many millions he has made from that scam?

This guy was strange. WCHS's transmitter was somewhat isolated but a road passed in front of it. An ice-cream "giggle bike" (three wheels with well insulated box between the front two) passed by every summer day* and always stopped at the station to see if he could make a sale (and to rest little). It keep the ice cream cold with some "dry ice." One day just at shift change time, 4PM, both he and I were there when it stopped. I bought something and bike driver open the small square lid on top to take out my order. This guy then stuck his head into the box - only cold CO2 gas inside. When he went limp, I understood he had passed out and saved him.

* I only did vacation replacements shifts in summers - went to high school at other times. The four engineers each got three weeks, so that was at least 12 week pay at a 1st Class FCC engineer's salary plus even better, when one wanted a day or two off they called me, and paid me in cash. I did this mostly on winter weekends. I guess I can admit now, that cash sum was never taxed; although the IRS got its cut as officially he was working, not me.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

L. Ron Hubbard's grave should be turned into a latrine.

He was a shitty sci fi writer and an even shittier "prophet".

I still wait in anticipation for the day that his shitty cult becomes illegal.

exchemist likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

You probably will have a long wait; but its tax exempt status first lost in 1963 and then regained in 1993 is quite likely to end soon.
    Rather than individual litigation, a broad class action suit would seem to me to the most efficient way to get small fraction of funds (hundreds of millions of dollars) swindled from millions of people back and more importantly via seizure of assets, shut this scam down. Every US tax payer has been financially damaged, but that lost taxes can not be recovered.

* Paranoid lunatic" is in part a reference to fact he hired and paid 10,000 dollars per week to private investigators to follow his own father who became disillusion with the "church." Other PIs were paid the same weekly sum to follow (in one case for 25 years!) high positioned earlier member who "disserted."

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    Dr_Toad likes this.
  8. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

I seem to recall that the members like to stomp on furniture..

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Just came across this, having not been in here for a few weeks, and wondered what you were referring to. Is there some ludicrous example of Scientology in action that I have missed? what was it about?

10. el es Registered Senior Member

Tom Cruise couch jumping?