Any atheists here who were once believers?

What is an Ascended Master?

There is a legit difference between normal dreaming and lucid dreaming. I have little doubt it is some odd altered state of consciousness brought on by breathing patterns and various cognitive processes. It's not magic...lol.

It might be pizza :)

In my interpretation, consciousness requires a soul. Lucid dreams are probably just our consciousness experiencing images generated inside our brain. An astral experience is when our soul enters the astral plane. Somewhere in between, our soul slips out into the astral..

The psychic community has not been able to supply hard cold evidence that such things exist. Other the other hand, there are too many goodies to abandon it. Given the mysterious circumstances surrounding the big bang and the birth of the universe, I just assume that an astral plane, and souls, were created by whatever caused the big bang. Even if it's hard to prove, the theory is still more likely than other "scientific" theories.

314ifwtfGZL.jpg

Check out this book some time if you're interested in reading mind/consciousness theory stuff. It's a good review of modern philosophy of mind theories, the author advocates a version of functionalism for mind.

He's a respected philosopher. I had him as a professor in school as a phil major and he's quite sharp.

So you "admit" that the old ones exist? And you have invoked them in your post. You are a piece of work. Your world view is laughable. You need to cut down on your meds. Tell us all what the ascended maters ( the old ones) have told you. I am sure that will be hilarious.

Cheezle, the Old Ones are the fictional work of H.P.Lovecraft. Posting an image is not "invoking" them. Why do you have to be such an asshole?

Are you saying you know what it was? But it won't happen. Is that what you are saying?
I am saying there is no prophecy, no matter how much you wish it so. So back off.

I'm not "....pushing and demanding.." but it might seem like that to someone, but it isn't me who is doing it.
You are pushing and demanding and not backing off when asked to back off. You aren't taking no for an answer.

So that is real weird that it is being perceived as pushing and demanding.
Not weird at all. Because that is how you are acting.

What is a prophesy to you? Have you experienced prophesy spoken over you?
Err no..

I don't go in for woo woo.

Why is Balerion attacking me all the time? I say I have no special powers, but the dreams are a gift. I'm allowed gifts aren't I? Gift not in the sense of talent but just as a story (someone is telling me a story).
I don't like saying those things to Balerion either but how do I make him shut up?
He isn't attacking you. He is asking what we are all asking. That you and Mazulu and others take your ermm whatever it is you believe you have, to the appropriate sub-forum.

Cheezle, the Old Ones are the fictional work of H.P.Lovecraft. Posting an image is not "invoking" them. Why do you have to be such an asshole?

Me an asshole?. You are the asshole. That is why you were banned. You would think that a person trained by the ascended masters would understand that. Although, maybe the ascended masters have trained you to be an asshole. In which case I would have to assume that the ascended masters are themselves assholes. Is that what you are presenting here? That the ascended masters are assholes. Hmmm.

lol. Somebody did actually write a Necronomicon. People are nuts.
I heard that the snuck a fake "card catalog" card into the Princeton library, I think it was.

Yes, I believe in Ascended Masters. If you think about it, if we really do have an immortal soul, then we might want to pursue a spiritual journey that leads to spiritual perfection. The skeptics here will attack me for saying such things, but I still believe it.

Me an asshole?. You are the asshole. That is why you were banned. You would think that a person trained by the ascended masters would understand that. Although, maybe the ascended masters have trained you to be an asshole. In which case I would have to assume that the ascended masters are themselves assholes. Is that what you are presenting here? That the ascended masters are assholes. Hmmm.

Why are you attacking the ascended masters? What did they do to you? That's why you are an asshole.

He isn't attacking you. He is asking what we are all asking. That you and Mazulu and others take your ermm whatever it is you believe you have, to the appropriate sub-forum.
What are you talking about? This is the religious sub forum? This is where spiritual experiences go!!!!

Why are you attacking the ascended masters? What did they do to you? That's why you are an asshole.

CLUE: the ascended masters do no exist.

But if they did exist, I am sure they would be horrified at your representation of truth. You are not just an idiot, you are an ignoramus.

CLUE: the ascended masters do no exist.

But if they did exist, I am sure they would be horrified at your representation of truth. You are not just an idiot, you are an ignoramus.
Obviously we know why they don't prove their existence to assholes like you. And save all the "you're stupid" attacks. They don't work on me.

That is the $64,000 question as they say. I hope you stick around to see it happen.
Actually H.P.Lovecraft borrowed ideas from Theosophy including astral projection, and communication with people through their dreams. A spiritual realm might be expected to intertwine and evolve with biological creatures.

I suppose it is relevant to know about the Ascended Masters if we want to answer the question: "Any atheists here who were once believers?" That is Believers in the Ascended Masters. I'm not even sure if I know anything about the Ascended Masters.

I'm beginning to think I've lived a sheltered life!

Actually H.P.Lovecraft borrowed ideas from Theosophy including astral projection, and communication with people through their dreams. A spiritual realm might be expected to intertwine and evolve with biological creatures.
Well it must otherwise the whole religion thing is doomed. We aren't talking pseudoscience here but religion touching on biology?

Back