As an Atheist what do you teach kids?

So, over the past 36 hours (10.56 am yesterday to 10.30-something pm today) EFoC has made 377 post--with nary a break exceeding ten or fifteen minutes.

How do you do it, Chi? :rolleyes:

So, over the past 36 hours (10.56 am yesterday to 10.30-something pm today) EFoC has made 377 post--with nary a break exceeding ten or fifteen minutes.

Holy.

parmalee,

Nice to 'see' you again....

I'd be curious to see what the ratio of worthwhile vs. worthless posts out of those 377 would be, but I hardly think I could put together the effort....

My pont was that teaching children about an afterlife is beneficial to there emotional stanbility and gives them hope, and that teaching children they will have no after life makes them sad.

(in short)

And, for some reason, you decided not to actually put this in the OP??

... and people wonder why threads go astray so quickly.....

jeeez.

Yeah and crying alot is not allowed, Your not allowed to wallow in sadness and shed alot of tears., we are taught to control our sadness.

Are you an atheist trying to teach me about Islam? you prob just googled searched that and it was the first you heard about it.

Dont talk crap i dont even have to read your link i know what is allowed in islam and what isnt. your not allowed to cry alot and we are tuaght not to cry too much.

This is an hypothesis that can be tested. Just measure the emotional stability and hope of two groups of children, those from a religious family and those from a non-religious family (or religious but no afterlife).

0/ 377.

No effort involved.

I don't know--I'd venture (without investigating, of course) perhaps 2/377 or 3/377. Isn't there some sort of "principle" or whatnots governing such matters? I suppose Sturgeon's Law doesn't really apply here--that is, without some tinkering.

I prayed to god to give me strength and endurance to wage jihad on them i feel totaly fresh still i can keep going .

peace.

I must admit to a vain hope that you'd learn something about something.
It would be a vast improvement over the current situation.

Your posts are always negatives to my stance, i can think of about 3-4 times ever in history you have ever said "i agree"

I take your links as going against what i said about muslims crying alot for the dead.

And i wa sjust saying i dont need to read any links i know what the teachings are and some even go as far to say that the dead will suffer int he grave if you cry too much for them

Read all of the posts and it will be clear to you i have stated this many times inthsi thread.

You miss my point entirely.

What you wrote in post #417, is what the OP should have been.

Concise, direct, simple.

My god, what do they actually teach in schools these days...??

:shrug:

Your posts are always negatives to my stance
Because you have a ridiculous stance.

i can think of about 3-4 times ever in history you have ever said "i agree"
Hmm, to whom?
I wonder, am I slipping...

I take your links as going against what i said about muslims crying alot for the dead.
And i wa sjust saying i dont need to read any links i know what the teachings are and some even go as far to say that the dead will suffer int he grave if you cry too much for them
Yes. I read your post.

Back