Deterioration of the religion subforum

Its not pedantic, just common sense. I like to know which posts I have reported, so as not to report any twice or be confused about which post has not [yet] been reported.

So, in short, you're 'keeping tabs'.
Or, being childish.
Yup, pedantic.

SAM:

Then please point out where I have made an irrational argument in the religion forum.

Examples of your threads that pose a question in a way that assumes a particular answer are not hard to find. For example: [thread=92941]this one[/thread]. (This is one of your pet themes.)

Mirror images of discussions about theists.

See above, where I wrote:

JR said:
[Cue the complaint that other people are more unreasonable than you, so that makes your behaviour admirable. *yawn*]

Please tell me what is the preferred time limit for reporting posts and how many posts I can report when I see forum rules being broken.

That's unlimited, SAM. However, I am finding that many of your reports do not warrant any action, and that means you're wasting moderator time.

Can you give me some statistics here? How many reports by me in the last month? How many about me?

I'd have to go back and count them all up. There's no easy way to extract such statistics.

Which ones were valid? What actions were taken?

Again, I'd have to check, and that would mean devoting even more of my time to you, wouldn't it?

SAM said:
Hence forth I shall open a thread in About the members to keep a tally of my reported posts.

Ok. And I will write in it when I notice a report of yours or about you.

SAM:

Examples of your threads that pose a question in a way that assumes a particular answer are not hard to find. For example: [thread=92941]this one[/thread]. (This is one of your pet themes.)

Is it scientifically invalid?

Ok. And I will write in it when I notice a report of yours or about you.

Thats fair. I think tiassa's format of keeping a record of moderator activities is a good example. Perhaps open moderation, where everyone can see what a moderator is doing will make it easier to avoid false conclusions about bias.

atheists
not god

then what?

materialism

Materialism as a philosophy is held by those who maintain that existence is explainable solely in material terms, with no accounting of spirit or consciousness. Individuals who hold to this belief see the universe as a huge device held together by pieces of matter functioning in subjection to naturalistic laws. Since materialism denies all concepts of Special Creation, it relies on the Theory of Evolution to explain itself, making beliefs in materialism and evolution interdependent.

thats your target sam

I reall don't care what atheists believe. My aim [in all my arguments and threads] is to point out what I think of their methods of discussing theism and theists. It actually stems from the time when I first joined and was attacked by the baying hounds here. When I reported to a moderator I was told to basically look out for myself since the moderator felt incapable of saying anything to the atheists snapping at me around the forum. I have seen that same behaviour repeated time and again with other theists.

So, I took the moderators advice and held up a mirror to the atheists instead. If they do not like what they see, they have only themselves to blame. I never get mad, its pointless. I get even.

You would think rationalists and scientists would have the courage and honesty to debate religious topics rationally, but this is never the case.

Basic Atheist strategy about discussing religion:
1. Challenge religious persons intelligence 2. Personal attacks 3. Racist epithets 4. Fabricate claims and ignorantly claim them as truths 5. When Atheist claims are disproven with citations from religious scriptures, completely ignore the respond and jump to something else

Truth coming from a discussion between Religious people and Atheists on forum, highly unlikely. The moderators support for Skinwalker shows they don't want honest debate, only personal attacks and demonization of all religion. So much for being rationalists and scientists.

Atheism cultivates the human ego, so that Atheists only see themselves as superior and all others as inferior. With a radical Atheist moderator such as Skinwalker, it is impossible to have a honest discussion on religion in this forum.

DiamondHearts:

Like SAM, you make the mistake of thinking that atheism implies views and opinions on a whole lot of topics that have nothing to do with the existence of god(s). It does not.

Also like SAM, you believe that atheists have homogeneous beliefs on all those other topics. They do not. They are a very diverse bunch of people.

Those mistakes are equivalent to thinking that to be a proper Muslim you must believe that Jesus was the son of God, and in addition that all Muslims actually believe that. After all, a theist is a theist is a theist.

The moderators support for Skinwalker shows they don't want honest debate, only personal attacks and demonization of all religion.

Your personal issues with Skinwalker are really not of major concern to the other moderators.

Atheism cultivates the human ego, so that Atheists only see themselves as superior and all others as inferior.

And all Muslim women wear the burka and think women are inferior.

(See what happens when you falsely lump a diverse group together?)

I'm speaking from my experience with Atheists on the religion forum. If you don't support his moderation, why do you let him get away with his one-sided moderation on this forum?

Furthermore, bring me an example of an Atheist who views Religious people as just as intelligent as he. No such example exists, hence I stand by my point. The claim by Skinwalker that only Atheists can be rationalists and scientists further supports my claim.

Back