Luminiferous Aether Exists!

This is a solution without a problem...

The wave nature of light completely explains the double slit experiment. Maxwell showed that light is an electro magnetic wave that propegates through space at c, not a particle.

Perhaps you could show the math that would result in the interference pattern from your particle / aether wave through the double slit experiment. I must warn you the math will go beyond long division!

Perhaps you could explain what actually occurs physically in nature in a double slit experiment.

In a double slit experiment, the particle travels through a single slit and the associated wave in the aether passes through both.

I realize you have no real interest in understanding this.

I have about the same interest level in any idea that you have as I have in understanding why all the Oompa Loompas were so god damn little.

I guess I am just being nice because clearly you are starved for recognition and any acknowledgement seems to please you, so... your ideas make as much sense as a soup sandwich.

Your welcome.

I have about the same interest level in any idea that you have as I have in understanding why all the Oompa Loompas were so god damn little.

I guess I am just being nice because clearly you are starved for recognition and any acknowledgement seems to please you, so... your ideas make as much sense as a soup sandwich.

Your welcome.

I'll take that to mean you can't actually explain what occurs physically in nature in a double slit experiment. Are you even capable of understanding saying, "The wave nature of light completely explains the double slit experiment" is not actually explaining what occurs physically in nature in a double slit experiment?

Are you even able to understand Maxwell's displacement current is a physical displacement of the aether?

"In several parts of this treatise an attempt has been made to explain electromagnetic phenomena by means of mechanical action transmitted from one body to another by means of a medium occupying the space between them. The undulatory theory of light also assumes the existence of a medium. We have now to shew that the properties of the electromagnetic medium are identical with those of the luminiferous medium." - Maxwell

In a double slit experiment, the particle travels through a single slit and the associated wave in the aether passes through both.

Perhaps you could explain what actually occurs physically in nature in a double slit experiment.

Go to a site called google.com. Type in double slit experiment. Be amazed.

Not isn't even close, uh sorry Alex, What isn't even close?

I'll stick with Bone Head Conjectures for $400.

Go to a site called google.com. Type in double slit experiment. Be amazed.

Not isn't even close, uh sorry Alex, What isn't even close?

I'll stick with Bone Head Conjectures for $400.

Are you even able to understand Maxwell's displacement current is a physical displacement of the aether?

"In several parts of this treatise an attempt has been made to explain electromagnetic phenomena by means of mechanical action transmitted from one body to another by means of a medium occupying the space between them. The undulatory theory of light also assumes the existence of a medium. We have now to shew that the properties of the electromagnetic medium are identical with those of the luminiferous medium." - Maxwell

We don't understand your rubbish. Maxwell would call you the Stonewall Troll. He'd be embarrassed by being the same species as you.

We don't understand your rubbish. Maxwell would call you the Stonewall Troll. He'd be embarrassed by being the same species as you.

"Doth not this aethereal medium in passing out of water, glass, crystal, and other compact and dense bodies in empty spaces, grow denser and denser by degrees, and by that means refract the rays of light not in a point, but by bending them gradually in curve lines? ...Is not this medium much rarer within the dense bodies of the Sun, stars, planets and comets, than in the empty celestial space between them? And in passing from them to great distances, doth it not grow denser and denser perpetually, and thereby cause the gravity of those great bodies towards one another, and of their parts towards the bodies; every body endeavouring to go from the denser parts of the medium towards the rarer?" - Newton

Newton is referring to the state of displacement of the aether.

The aether does not grow denser and denser. The aether is, or behaves similar to, a supersolid. However, Newton is correct, displaced aether pushing back and exerting inward pressure toward matter is gravity.

""In several parts of this treatise an attempt has been made to explain electromagnetic phenomena by means of mechanical action transmitted from one body to another by means of a medium occupying the space between them. The undulatory theory of light also assumes the existence of a medium. We have now to shew that the properties of the electromagnetic medium are identical with those of the luminiferous medium." - Maxwell

Maxwell's displacement current is a physical displacement of the aether.

'Ether and the Theory of Relativity by Albert Einstein'
http://www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/Extras/Einstein_ether.html

"space without ether is unthinkable"

"the state of the [ether] is at every place determined by connections with the matter and the state of the ether in neighbouring places"

The state of the aether at every place determined by connections with the matter and the state of the aether in neighboring places is the state of displacement of the aether.

'Interpretation of quantum mechanics by the double solution theory - Louis de BROGLIE'
http://aflb.ensmp.fr/AFLB-classiques/aflb124p001.pdf

“When in 1923-1924 I had my first ideas about Wave Mechanics I was looking for a truly concrete physical image, valid for all particles, of the wave and particle coexistence discovered by Albert Einstein in his "Theory of light quanta". I had no doubt whatsoever about the physical reality of waves and particles.”

“any particle, even isolated, has to be imagined as in continuous “energetic contact” with a hidden medium”

The hidden medium of de Broglie wave mechanics is the aether. The “energetic contact” is the state of displacement of the aether.

A moving particle has an associated aether displacement wave. In a double slit experiment the particle travels through a single slit and the associated aether wave through both.

"It is ironic that Einstein's most creative work, the general theory of relativity, should boil down to conceptualizing space as a medium when his original premise [in special relativity] was that no such medium existed [..] The word 'ether' has extremely negative connotations in theoretical physics because of its past association with opposition to relativity. This is unfortunate because, stripped of these connotations, it rather nicely captures the way most physicists actually think about the vacuum. . . . Relativity actually says nothing about the existence or nonexistence of matter pervading the universe, only that any such matter must have relativistic symmetry. [..] It turns out that such matter exists. About the time relativity was becoming accepted, studies of radioactivity began showing that the empty vacuum of space had spectroscopic structure similar to that of ordinary quantum solids and fluids. Subsequent studies with large particle accelerators have now led us to understand that space is more like a piece of window glass than ideal Newtonian emptiness. It is filled with 'stuff' that is normally transparent but can be made visible by hitting it sufficiently hard to knock out a part. The modern concept of the vacuum of space, confirmed every day by experiment, is a relativistic ether. But we do not call it this because it is taboo." - Robert B. Laughlin, Nobel Laureate in Physics, endowed chair in physics, Stanford University

Displaced aether pushing back and exerting inward pressure toward matter is gravity.

"Doth not this aethereal medium in passing out of water, glass, crystal, and other compact and dense bodies in empty spaces, grow denser and denser by degrees, and by that means refract the rays of light not in a point, but by bending them gradually in curve lines? ...Is not this medium much rarer within the dense bodies of the Sun, stars, planets and comets, than in the empty celestial space between them? And in passing from them to great distances, doth it not grow denser and denser perpetually, and thereby cause the gravity of those great bodies towards one another, and of their parts towards the bodies; every body endeavouring to go from the denser parts of the medium towards the rarer?" - Newton

Write down your ether theory equation of motion.

The aether does not grow denser and denser. The aether is, or behaves similar to, a supersolid. However, Newton is correct, displaced aether pushing back and exerting inward pressure toward matter is gravity.

""In several parts of this treatise an attempt has been made to explain electromagnetic phenomena by means of mechanical action transmitted from one body to another by means of a medium occupying the space between them. The undulatory theory of light also assumes the existence of a medium. We have now to shew that the properties of the electromagnetic medium are identical with those of the luminiferous medium." - Maxwell

'Ether and the Theory of Relativity by Albert Einstein'
http://www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/Extras/Einstein_ether.html

"space without ether is unthinkable"

"the state of the [ether] is at every place determined by connections with the matter and the state of the ether in neighbouring places"

The state of the aether at every place determined by connections with the matter and the state of the aether in neighboring places is the state of displacement of the aether.

'Interpretation of quantum mechanics by the double solution theory - Louis de BROGLIE'
http://aflb.ensmp.fr/AFLB-classiques/aflb124p001.pdf

“When in 1923-1924 I had my first ideas about Wave Mechanics I was looking for a truly concrete physical image, valid for all particles, of the wave and particle coexistence discovered by Albert Einstein in his "Theory of light quanta". I had no doubt whatsoever about the physical reality of waves and particles.”

“any particle, even isolated, has to be imagined as in continuous “energetic contact” with a hidden medium”

The hidden medium of de Broglie wave mechanics is the aether. The “energetic contact” is the state of displacement of the aether.

A moving particle has an associated aether displacement wave. In a double slit experiment the particle travels through a single slit and the associated aether wave through both.

"It is ironic that Einstein's most creative work, the general theory of relativity, should boil down to conceptualizing space as a medium when his original premise [in special relativity] was that no such medium existed [..] The word 'ether' has extremely negative connotations in theoretical physics because of its past association with opposition to relativity. This is unfortunate because, stripped of these connotations, it rather nicely captures the way most physicists actually think about the vacuum. . . . Relativity actually says nothing about the existence or nonexistence of matter pervading the universe, only that any such matter must have relativistic symmetry. [..] It turns out that such matter exists. About the time relativity was becoming accepted, studies of radioactivity began showing that the empty vacuum of space had spectroscopic structure similar to that of ordinary quantum solids and fluids. Subsequent studies with large particle accelerators have now led us to understand that space is more like a piece of window glass than ideal Newtonian emptiness. It is filled with 'stuff' that is normally transparent but can be made visible by hitting it sufficiently hard to knock out a part. The modern concept of the vacuum of space, confirmed every day by experiment, is a relativistic ether. But we do not call it this because it is taboo." - Robert B. Laughlin, Nobel Laureate in Physics, endowed chair in physics, Stanford University

Displaced aether pushing back and exerting inward pressure toward matter is gravity.

None of that supports bs nonsense troll. It means you have a serious lack of reading comprehension along with your scientific illiteracy. Double whammy. Saying the same thing over and over expecting a different result [somebody understanding your nonsense] is insane. Based on your disconnect with reality insanity is a real possibility. Newton isn't around to write down your equation of motion. Write down Newton's equation of motion with an ether component.

None of that supports bs nonsense troll. It means you have a serious lack of reading comprehension along with your scientific illiteracy. Double whammy. Saying the same thing over and over expecting a different result [somebody understanding your nonsense] is insane. Based on your disconnect with reality insanity is a real possibility. Newton isn't around to write down your equation of motion. Write down Newton's equation of motion with an ether component.

He's not right. He's not even wrong.

'An Extended Dynamical Equation of Motion, Phase Dependency and Inertial Backreaction'
http://arxiv.org/abs/1208.3458

"We hypothesize that space itself resists such surges according to a kind of induction law (related to inertia); additionally, we provide further evidence of the “fluidic” nature of space itself."

The aether is, or behaves similar to, a superfluid with properties of a solid, a supersolid, which is described in the article as the 'fluidic' nature of space itself. The 'back-reaction' described in the article is the displaced aether pushing back and exerting inward pressure toward the matter.

No, he wasn't

No, it isn't.

Nope.

Wrong again

Incorrect.

Wrong and stupid wrong.

Ignorant tripe.

Well, I reached the limit of garbage I can take for a while, so have fun making up stuff gavitional mpc 775 aether . :rolleyes:

No, he wasn't

No, it isn't.

Nope.

Wrong again

Incorrect.

Wrong and stupid wrong.

Ignorant tripe.

Well, I reached the limit of garbage I can take for a while, so have fun making up stuff gavitional mpc 775 aether . :rolleyes:

You can't even understand that when you do a google search there is no one explanation as to what occurs physically in nature in a double slit experiment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation#Interpreting_wavefunction_collapse

"As with the other interpretations of quantum mechanics, the many-worlds interpretation is motivated by behavior that can be illustrated by the double-slit experiment."

"Some versions of the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics"

'Interpretations of the experiment'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-slit_experiment#Interpretations_of_the_experiment

"The Copenhagen interpretation is a consensus among some of the pioneers in the field of quantum mechanics that it is undesirable to posit anything that goes beyond the mathematical formulae and the kinds of physical apparatus and reactions that enable us to gain some knowledge of what goes on at the atomic scale."

In the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics it is undesirable to understand what occurs physically in nature in physics. You couldn't make this up.

"The Copenhagen interpretation is similar to the path integral formulation of quantum mechanics provided by Feynman. The path integral formulation replaces the classical notion of a single, unique trajectory for a system, with a sum over all possible trajectories."

Add up all the possiblities and that's what occurs physically in nature, yeah right.

"According to the relational interpretation of quantum mechanics, first proposed by Carlo Rovelli,[33] observations such as those in the double-slit experiment result specifically from the interaction between the observer (measuring device) and the object being observed (physically interacted with), not any absolute property possessed by the object."

The measuring device turns the associated wave in the aether into chop.

'Quantum mechanics rule 'bent' in classic experiment'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-13626587

'For his part, Professor Steinberg believes that the result reduces a limitation not on quantum physics but on physicists themselves. "I feel like we're starting to pull back a veil on what nature really is," he said. "The trouble with quantum mechanics is that while we've learned to calculate the outcomes of all sorts of experiments, we've lost much of our ability to describe what is really happening in any natural language. I think that this has really hampered our ability to make progress, to come up with new ideas and see intuitively how new systems ought to behave."'

http://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-slit-experiment-skirts-uncertainty-principle

"Intriguingly, the trajectories closely match those predicted by an unconventional interpretation of quantum mechanics known as pilot-wave theory, in which each particle has a well-defined trajectory that takes it through one slit while the associated wave passes through both slits."

A particle physically displaces the aether. A moving particle has an associated aether displacement wave. In a double slit experiment the particle travels through a single slit. It is the associated wave in the aether which passes through both. As the aether wave exits the slits it creates wave interference. As the particle exits a single slit the direction it travels is altered by the wave interference. This is the wave piloting the particle of pilot-wave theory. Strongly detecting the particle turns the associated aether wave into chop. The particle gets knocked around by the chop and continues on the path it is traveling.

What waves in a double slit experiment is the aether.

Last edited:

You told me to search for double slit experiment. I did. Which of the interpretationS were you referring to?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation#Interpreting_wavefunction_collapse

"As with the other interpretations of quantum mechanics, the many-worlds interpretation is motivated by behavior that can be illustrated by the double-slit experiment."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-slit_experiment#Interpretations_of_the_experiment

"The Copenhagen interpretation is a consensus among some of the pioneers in the field of quantum mechanics that it is undesirable to posit anything that goes beyond the mathematical formulae and the kinds of physical apparatus and reactions that enable us to gain some knowledge of what goes on at the atomic scale."

In the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics it is undesirable to understand what occurs physically in nature in physics. You couldn't make this up.

"The Copenhagen interpretation is similar to the path integral formulation of quantum mechanics provided by Feynman. The path integral formulation replaces the classical notion of a single, unique trajectory for a system, with a sum over all possible trajectories."

Add up all the possiblities and that's what occurs physically in nature, yeah right.

"According to the relational interpretation of quantum mechanics, first proposed by Carlo Rovelli,[33] observations such as those in the double-slit experiment result specifically from the interaction between the observer (measuring device) and the object being observed (physically interacted with), not any absolute property possessed by the object."

'For his part, Professor Steinberg believes that the result reduces a limitation not on quantum physics but on physicists themselves. "I feel like we're starting to pull back a veil on what nature really is," he said. "The trouble with quantum mechanics is that while we've learned to calculate the outcomes of all sorts of experiments, we've lost much of our ability to describe what is really happening in any natural language. I think that this has really hampered our ability to make progress, to come up with new ideas and see intuitively how new systems ought to behave."'

http://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-slit-experiment-skirts-uncertainty-principle

"Intriguingly, the trajectories closely match those predicted by an unconventional interpretation of quantum mechanics known as pilot-wave theory, in which each particle has a well-defined trajectory that takes it through one slit while the associated wave passes through both slits."

A particle physically displaces the aether. A moving particle has an associated aether displacement wave. In a double slit experiment the particle travels through a single slit. It is the associated wave in the aether which passes through both. As the aether wave exits the slits it creates wave interference. As the particle exits a single slit the direction it travels is altered by the wave interference. This is the wave piloting the particle of pilot-wave theory. Strongly detecting the particle turns the associated aether wave into chop. The particle gets knocked around by the chop and continues on the path it is traveling.

I did what you asked me to do. I google'd 'double slit experiment'. Which of the following interpretationS is the correct one?

I'm not sure what you expect to accomplish. You asked me to google 'double slit experiment'. I did. Which interpretation is correct? Copenhagen? Path integral formulation? Relational? Many-worlds? Pilot-wave?

I'm not sure what you expect to accomplish. You asked me to google 'double slit experiment'. I did. Which interpretation is correct? Copenhagen? Path integral formulation? Relational? Many-worlds? Pilot-wave?

I hope to show you that regardless of the interpretation none of them are deluded enough to think that there are aether waves. In addition only someone with the physics knowledge below a 5th grader would think that this nonexistent aether has mass with out being matter.

However this is useless as your willful ignorance will continue unabated.

Back