Spritual Terms defined?

I can see your point.
On probably needs a kind of faith in a positive outcome but surely that can be achieved without recourse to religion.
The key is to be able to separate faith from analysis.
As I said hard to do but really there is no sensible alternative if one is to find what no doubt you will call truth and once you establish a reality not built in faith you can step back and glimpse reality but always remember one only gets a glimpse many questions will remain unanswered but avoid answering them with a faith based conclusion certainly if you seek to claim your approach scientific and even if you present your idea as philosophy that discipline will require a like approach where faith is perhaps not helpful and understanding that philosophy requires something more as well, but unfortunately I can't help you on what that might be but if you post in the philosophy forum you will still probably get answers that request a certain approach devoid of faith based argument.
Alex
Please suggest, other well proven alternatives to get AT PAR or more benefits as we get from faith/religion?

I believe in faith. Imagine a world without faith, flora and fauna. Then it shall just be Barron land like on many planets. Do you suggest it?
When you start to make sense I might start to respond
Do you have any idea (I suspect you don't otherwise you would not even start to type such tripe) how utterly ridiculous and stupid your post is?

:)

"Why do you have any questions about anything at all?" You've got an answer for it.

What am I missing?

That is more profound than any of the codswallope put out by K5

I had not really looked at it from such a cut and dry perspective and will certainly use the insight when I sometimes get asked "Why god....?

Cheers

I believe in faith. Imagine a world without faith, flora and fauna. Then it shall just be Barron land like on many planets. Do you suggest it?
Faith is great. Flora and fauna are great.
None of that causes a god-like entity to come into existence.

The flora and fauna (and the stars before them) did quite nicely for 13 billion years before faith came along.

But this isn't about that.

What I am asking is: if "God wanted it that way" is the answer to one thing, then it's just as good an answer to everything. If God invented sheep to be prey for fox, then one might as well say God invented stars to provide warmth for the fox.

So, all the questions you might ever have are answered. What more is there to explore?

Religion or true faith or blind faith, we do get much benefits from these related to physical, mental, spiritual, natural & social health & harmony and that too with least or lesser odds/side effects. More faith more benefits. I am not accounting its misuses and exceptional cases due to selfish vest interests or due to deviated mind. I welcome AT PAR OR BETTER alternative to religion or faith to achieve these benefits. If not, why to degrade it and deviate people to get such benefits. While truthful we can also be rational/practical.

Please suggest, other well proven alternatives to get AT PAR or more benefits as we get from faith/religion?
Foster good thoughts and deeds, be honest, trustworthy, reject guilt installed by religious custom and practice.
You can do it better if you have strength of character it is up to you take responsibility for your actions.
Alex.

Foster good thoughts and deeds, be honest, trustworthy, reject guilt installed by religious custom and practice.
You can do it better if you have strength of character it is up to you take responsibility for your actions.
Alex.
Yes bu this can also be a part of faith/religion not of science.

Yes bu this can also be a part of faith/religion not of science.
The observation you could make is that you don't need faith to follow a good path its not about science which is outside morality and behaviour except in the event that it is something connected with faith or religion in terms of perhaps a study that surveys to find differences between religious and non religious folk.
Alex

Religion or true faith or blind faith, we do get much benefits from these related to physical, mental, spiritual, natural & social health & harmony and that too with least or lesser odds/side effects.
The problem with faith is that is could just as easily be false as it could be true. (That's what faith is. If you could determine something to be true, then faith vanishes.)

And, if you follow tenets that are false, it will more often lead to more false conclusions than if you follow tenets that are true.

The best bet is to follow things that are as irrefutably true as possible.

How do you distinguish truth from falsehood? Follow the null hypothesis. Something is not true - until it's true. Be skeptical. Do not put faith in things you cannot determine the veracity of.
God didn't create animals until you can show that he did. God doesn't exist until you can show that he does.

It is quite possible to a be a good, kind, caring person because your own conscience wants you to be, without the need for some bigger power to motivate you to be good.

The problem with faith is that is could just as easily be false as it could be true. (That's what faith is. If you could determine something to be true, then faith vanishes.)

And, if you follow tenets that are false, it will more often lead to more false conclusions than if you follow tenets that are true.

How do you distinguish truth from falsehood? Follow the null hypothesis. Something is not true - until it's true. Be skeptical. Do not put faith in things you cannot determine the veracity of.
God didn't create animals until you can show that he did. God doesn't exist until you can show that he does.

It is quite possible to a be a good, kind, caring person because your own conscience wants you to be, without the need for some bigger power to motivate you to be good.

Zzzzzziiiiiiinnnnnngggggggg

That's the sound of your post as it went over the head of K5 by at least 2 klm

The observation you could make is that you don't need faith to follow a good path its not about science which is outside morality and behaviour except in the event that it is something connected with faith or religion in terms of perhaps a study that surveys to find differences between religious and non religious folk.
Alex
If neither faith nor science, how good path will be justified or proved?

Modern science and skepticism has created much doubts in us due to which we are losing least side effects based faith real effects. Another big odd is science is not n never be a&f creating doubts in it. Both way we are losing real benefits by faith. Very odd. Our learned anccesstors were quite intelligent and practical and told us only that which was rational for us. Eg. Inspite knowing true shape of earth, they didnt told us. So flat earth belief persisted. In appearance and in practice flat earth was most practical. They didnt made us so much instable as if standing on a football. Ancient astrological calculation based on true shape on earth justify it. Hence take a practical or rational view instead of abs truthful view.

If neither faith nor science, how good path will be justified or proved?
You will have more money, loyal friends, pleasant female companionship, a better job, a fast car... Because you be out of the delusional world wherein you deal with imaginary entities and enter the real world where you find real people with no delusions about superstitious unsupported nonsence
Alex

You will have more money, loyal friends, pleasant female companionship, a better job, a fast car... Because you be out of the delusional world wherein you deal with imaginary entities and enter the real world where you find real people with no delusions about superstitious unsupported nonsence
Alex
Routines. I tend to base nature of good or bad. Neither less more i.e balance should be best. Excess of everything is said to be bad--whether of positives or of negatives.

Excess of everything is said to be bad--
Particularly an excess of reliance on religion primarily because it tends to take away the free will it tells you was God given and demands a rigid compliance with rules made thousands of years ago partially applicable to those times but one must labour to extract relevance today.
As an exercise list what virtues you think you have that does not directly relate to God that you could embrace simply to be a good person.

Alex

Particularly an excess of reliance on religion primarily because it tends to take away the free will it tells you was God given and demands a rigid compliance with rules made thousands of years ago partially applicable to those times but one must labour to extract relevance today.
As an exercise list what virtues you think you have that does not directly relate to God that you could embrace simply to be a good person.

Alex
Whether many religions or faiths are not based on faith without existence of supernatural deities? They may base qualities & practices not entities? Look it:
Jainism rejects the idea of a creator deity responsible for the manifestation, creation, or maintenance of this universe. According to Jain doctrine, the universe and its constituents (soul, matter, space, time, and principles of motion) have always existed. All the constituents and actions are governed by universal natural laws and perfect soul, an immaterial entity cannot create or affect a material entity like the universe.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_in_Jainism

Still it is a faith.

Back