Genetics Trasformation

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by Kumar, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Kumar Registered Senior Member

Thanks all for your expanations.

Now , there ate two types of constitutions i.e Phenotyoe & Genotype.

Phenotype: The physical characteristics of an organism or the presence of a disease that may or may not be genetic. The observable and measurable characteristics of an organism. These are genotype+environment.

Genotype: The genetic constitution of an individual. The structure of DNA that determines the expression of a trait. The genetic constitution of an organism, as distinguished from its physical appearance (its phenotype).

Now, there are two type of diseases/manifestations i.e. Genetic & Environmental. Genetic diseases can be inherited & acquired genetic type only, but the Environmental type diseases are acquired only

Phenotype may consist of a disease or diseases which can be either inherited genetic type or acquired environmental type but not the acquired genetic type.

Genotype may consist of a disease or diseases of genetic type inherited from his parents or acquired genetic type during his lifetime but not the environmental type.

It may be possible that all the genetic cells (sperm or ova) may not contain this genetic type diseases & if by chance as a result of mutation of diseased genatic cell, offspring will also inherit those genetic diseases.

I think I made it bit simple & clear.

Now the question is that wheter we can remove by any mean or any alternative therapy, these inherited genetic predipositions, acquired genetic manifestations & acquired environmental maifestations/dipositions.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MRC_Hans Skeptic Registered Senior Member

Yes, your summary appears to be precise

Now for your question:

Some genetic effects can currently be treated in one or more of the following ways:

1) Replacement therapy (e.g. growth hormone, insulin, bleeder medicine).

2) Surgery (for physical defects).

3) Transplantation (e.g. bone marrow transplantation).

None of these therapies change the gene composition of the patient, so any offspring may still inherit the disease.

Under research are methods for actually altering the gene composition of the patient. Such therapies may or may not involve germ cells. None of this research has (as far as I know) reached the application state.

Now you ask for alternative therapy. This cannot be answered, since, by definition, alternative therapies have not been verified.

I'm sure you can find proponents of some alternative therapy, who will CLAIM that they can do this

Hans

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kumar Registered Senior Member

Mr.Hans,

Thanks for specific & meaningful

reply. It looks that all the ways which you mentiond can handle (not treat) the current life complications but can't altered the genetic inheritance. On the contrary there can be some possibility of furthur enhancement. But I think if some good healings(sprituals & natural healthy living/practices etc.) is followed during the lifetime for long, then these genetic defects may some what alter.
    We have two types effects i.e Phenotype & Genotype. Some of the alternative therapies like homeopathy are said to effect very minutely & can purify the predipositions & manifestations of genetic and/or environmental types. What do you comment for the same.

Depositions & manifestations can be of both good & bad types.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. MRC_Hans Skeptic Registered Senior Member

Well, those are your beliefs. You are entitled to them. Just don't treat them as facts

Hans

8. Kumar Registered Senior Member

Now it is upto you to understand.

9. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I'm afraid he understands.

10. Kumar Registered Senior Member

But not really what I mean.

11. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

does anyone?

12. Kumar Registered Senior Member

DON"T KNOW, BUT SOME CAPABLE/ENTITLED CAN, * THE MANIFESTATIONS, GOOD OR BAD *.

HE WHO UNDERSTOOD WILL EXPLAIN NOT ME.

13. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

why don't you explain it to us mortals in plain english?

14. Kumar Registered Senior Member

DON'T ASK, OTHERS MAY NOT BE SO HAPPY. LET MR. HANS COME.

SECOND QUESTION

HOW CLONING IS DONE IN HUMANS, IS IT DESIRABLE/PRACTICAL IN CONSIDERATION OF ITS FUTURE APPLICABILITY ??

15. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

don't ask, others may not be so happy.

16. Kumar Registered Senior Member

BUT WHY?? IF WE GO ACCORDING TO SCIENCE WE CAN'T IGNORE ALL OF ITS GOOD & BAD TECHNOLOGIES FOR FUTURE NEED. OTHERWISE EVERY UNNATURAL & UNHYGINIC CREATIONS SHOULD BE RECONCIDERED.

SORRY IF WRONG.

17. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

What are you talking about and why are you using capitals?

18. Kumar Registered Senior Member

About Cloning. I feel very BOLD in capital & bold letters.

19. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

human cloning is not feasible at the moment, and only an idiot would like to clone someone if they are aware of the current knowledge on cloning

20. Kumar Registered Senior Member

But what about for the future when our next generations may come with so many organs damaged. But how it is done? Just for future knowledge sake otherwise I am fine.

21. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

why would the next generation come with so many damaged organs?

22. Kumar Registered Senior Member

Due to increasing unhygeinic , unnatural & unbalanced created conditions.

23. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

why would you want a clone a human then. It is not going to help any of these things you mentioned.