THE BIBLICAL EXODUS ACCOUNT

Discussion in 'Religion' started by SetiAlpha6, Jan 7, 2015.

1. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

PIC2 MOSAIC ALTAR ANIMAL CORRAL AND PILLAR REMAINS​

Photizo likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

PIC3 MOSAIC ALTAR LAYOUT AT THE BASE OF THE MOUNTAIN OF GOD​

Photizo likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

PIC4 THE MOSAIC ALTAR AND CORRAL WERE BUILT FROM NATURAL UNTOOLED ROCK JUST AS GOD COMMANDED WITH THE WHITE PILLAR REMAINS ON THE RIGHT - LOOKING UP THE VALLEY​

Photizo likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

PIC5 THE ACTUAL SACRIFICIAL ALTAR AND ASH REMAINS - LOOKING UP THE VALLEY TOWARDS THE PRESENCE OF GOD​

Photizo likes this.
  8. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Photizo likes this.
  9. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

PIC7 PILLAR REMAINS AT THE MOSAIC ALTAR SITE - LOOKING UP THE VALLEY TOWARDS THE PRESENCE OF GOD​

Photizo likes this.
  10. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

EXODUS 20:24-26 An altar of earth you shall make for Me, and you shall sacrifice on it your burnt offerings and your peace offerings, your sheep and your oxen. In every place where I record My name I will come to you, and I will bless you. And if you make Me an altar of stone, you shall not build it of hewn stone; for if you use your tool on it, you have profaned it. Nor shall you go up by steps to My altar, that your nakedness may not be exposed on it.’

EXODUS 24:4 Moses then wrote down everything the Lord had said. He got up early the next morning and built an altar at the foot of the mountain and set up twelve stone pillars representing the twelve tribes of Israel.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  11. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Photizo likes this.
  12. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

PIC8 MT SINAI SITE - GOLDEN CALF ALTAR LOCATION​

Photizo likes this.
  13. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

PIC9 MT SINAI SITE - GOLDEN CALF ALTAR LOCATION - BOVINE PETROGLYPHS​

Photizo likes this.
  14. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

PIC10 MT SINAI SITE - GOLDEN CALF ALTAR LOCATION - BOVINE PETROGLYPHS​

Photizo likes this.
  15. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

PIC11 MT SINAI SITE - GOLDEN CALF ALTAR LOCATION - BOVINE PETROGLYPH​

Photizo likes this.
  16. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

EXODUS 32:1-5 Now when the people saw that Moses delayed coming down from the mountain, the people gathered together to Aaron, and said to him, “Come, make us gods that shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man who brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we do not know what has become of him.”
    And Aaron said to them, “Break off the golden earrings which are in the ears of your wives, your sons, and your daughters, and bring them to me.” So all the people broke off the golden earrings which were in their ears, and brought them to Aaron. And he received the gold from their hand, and he fashioned it with an engraving tool, and made a molded calf.
    Then they said, “This is your god, O Israel, that brought you out of the land of Egypt!” So when Aaron saw it, he built an altar before it. And Aaron made a proclamation and said, “Tomorrow is a feast to the Lord.”

17. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

It is important to Bible Christians to accept that every word of the Bible is true.
    They think that if some ancient account turns out to be false, then the whole book is cast in doubt.
    If something seems to disprove the Bible account then that is because we are lacking in knowledge or understanding.
    It is all inspired by God, and God doesn't lie.

18. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Re pictures above.
    One of them gives a location in Saudi Arabia.
    Is it claimed that Mount Sinai is in Saudi Arabia?

19. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Yes that is correct, NW Saudi Arabia. I think possibly, Tabuk Province, but I will have to find a way to check the boundary on that Province to make sure.

If you wish, you can either click on the internet link below, which will take you to Google Maps, or copy and paste the coordinates below into the search box of Google Earth. Either will take you to the proposed site and then you can just zoom out and see where you are in Saudi Arabia. Google Earth is more 3D friendly.

MT SINAI - MOSAIC ALTAR LOCATION
    Google Maps Link:
    https://www.google.pl/maps/@28.5847038,35.3787221,90m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en
    Google Earth Coordinates:
    28°35'04.99" N 35°22'43.44" E

I will be posting more in the days ahead for your consideration.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    Photizo likes this.
  20. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

True for many Christians today, though not all. I do think that God cannot lie. But personally, I have no need for the Bible to be 100% correct. It may or may not be 100% perfect, but most churches today certainly teach that it is, though again, not all. Just my opinion, some heresy is being taught in many churches today.

21. Photizo Ambassador/Envoy Valued Senior Member

22. Photizo Ambassador/Envoy Valued Senior Member

"..allegorically speaking, for these women are two covenants: one proceeding from Mount Sinai bearing children who are to be slaves; she is Hagar. Now this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present Jerusalem..." Gal. 4:25

http://www.bible.ca/archeology/bible-archeology-exodus-mt-sinai-arabia-gal-4-25.htm

23. Bells Staff Member

There is no proof that they were in Egypt in any capacity as described in religious text, which places the whole premise of the "exodus" in the realm of fantasy.

It is hard to believe that 600,000 families (which would mean about two million people) crossed the entire Sinai without leaving one shard of pottery (the archeologist's best friend) with Hebrew writing on it. It is remarkable that Egyptian records make no mention of the sudden migration of what would have been nearly a quarter of their population, nor has any evidence been found for any of the expected effects of such an exodus; such as economic downturn or labor shortages. Furthermore, there is no evidence in Israel that shows a sudden influx of people from another culture at that time. No rapid departure from traditional pottery has been seen, no record or story of a surge in population.

There is no archaeological evidence that the Israelite slaves even built the pyramids.

The Israelites did not enter Egypt until well after the pyramids were even built.

"This bit of accepted wisdom, that "...the Pyramids [were] built by slaves who were Jews.." (as stated in your message of 1 September), is a canard that does not deserve repetition. First, it is anachronistic and illogical. The "Pyramids" -- presumably the three great pyramids of Gizah and perhaps the earlier pyramids to the south, including the Step Pyramid of Sakkara -- were built in the Third and Fourth Dynasties, 2650-2575 BC and 2575-2467 BC. The Jews did not exist at that time. The ancestors of the Jews, the Hebrews or "Children of Israel" -- Bene Yisra'el -- did not enter Egypt until centuries later. If one looks at the biblical narrative, Joseph, son of Jacob aka Israel, who brought the people of Israel into Egypt to settle in the land of Goshen, was driven in a chariot just behind Pharaoh's. The Egyptians did not have the wheel when the great pyramids were built. By the time the Egyptians had wheels, and horses and chariots, the great pyramids were ancient. Even if one were to determine that the migration of the Sumerian/Chaldean Abraham from the Sumerian city of Ur to the land of the Canaanites took place around the predynastic or early dynastic periods of ancient Egypt, there would still have been no Jews in Egypt at the time -- or anywhere else for that matter.

http://web.stanford.edu/group/wais/Egypt/egypt_whobuiltpyramids9601.html

But hey, it makes for great movies and stories...