The Confederate Flag

Discussion in 'World Events' started by dumbest man on earth, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

So how many of your mates are black for you to know so much?

You gotta love this..a short stay in town..my neighbour a lovely aboriginal lady helped out at the school..she introduced me to her son who came by for a visit for a week or two.."this is my son Blacky" needless to say I felt uncomfortable calling him Blacky..but we has a few beers together the next day and chatting and I asked him about his name..He said his real name was...mmm I forget...but thats what he has always been called and before I could ask he said "it dont worry me" thats me name its always been what they called me."
    They love me cause I always chat with them and play pool with them and give them a lift...the kids used to call me black Santa...I would do the Santa act for the town..I would be in McDonald's and their bus would come in and all this kids running around me yelling black Santa black Santa...people could not work it out... a car load would pull up at the pub..I would get dragged out to meet the brothers the sisters the cousins...they play guitar upside down..we used to jam together but you have to call the key to each other cause so hard to work out what cord they were playing...
    Anyways how do you know so much..mates etc..remember..
    Alex

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Vociferous Valued Senior Member

Really?! "Aboriginal relatives" and "date with an aboriginal lady"? That's no better than people who excuse their racism by saying "I have black friends", as if that somehow makes your bigotry alright. Lots of white "liberals" hang out with black people, claim to be their allies, and then dumb down how they talk around them (according to scientific studies). That's because they believe black people are dumber. So no, none of your tokenism excuses what was clearly racist. That you won't even stop to think about why you would write such a thing makes it pretty clear.

No, that's what you literally wrote. And pretending you won't explain something you clearly can't justify is a cop out. I'm really not interested in being friends with vile racists.

Phft! I'd be surprised if you can do anything other than deflect.

Very telling that you think anyone needs black friends to just know that black people are equals to white people. You feel you have to have something to convince you of what every decent human being should just presume of any fellow human being of any color? You know, just by dent of being human.

How benevolent of you. Do you really believe you can't look down on people you are friends with or help? Man, you've worked hard to ignore your demons.

Faulty comparison. If you really think a KKK robe and the Confederate flag are the same, you are woefully ignorant. Especially if you're from the south. Again, if the meaning of a flag cannot change from when it was adopted, then Germany is still flying the flag of the German Reich. That, or you can be just a wee bit smarter.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

You sound like a left winger going rat's. Get over it..if you feel you have made a point you should wind down a bit..you bumping your gums won't change anything I have said ...please stop being tiresome.
    Your are an idiot...sorry your grandstanding is just idiotic.
    Yawn..I goto go..clear night..astronomy etc. How's that for deflecting.
    Just answer the bloody question can you?
    You can do better...your are lucky that I don't have time I would have given you a pasting for such a slack try.
    Have a great day.
    Alex

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Seattle Valued Senior Member

That's the point, the U.S. isn't still flying the Confederate flag. Neither are the states.

8. iceaura Valued Senior Member

That's stupid - and not because whatever race you are embarrassing is inferior. It's because you "think" differently.

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Not really. It's just another example of a guy who doesn't know his history. Probably he isn't aware that there was a civil war in which the Confederate states fought against the Union states and were defeated.

It's hard to be simultaneously proud of supporting slavery and opposing it, but I guess some people manage to send the mixed message because they do it without understanding what the symbols represent.

10. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

How did you get this ^^ from "Who says stupidity is the exclusive domain of white people"?
    There is no deigning, and no acceptance in my post. There is certainly nothing in that picture, on any of those faces, to suggest "thinking for himself". Just lots of general stupidity.

11. Vociferous Valued Senior Member

You should have the decency to apologize for your racist post. Even if you think you meant it as a joke, it was a racist joke. Go ahead, tell it to any of your black friends or relatives. If they don't say boo about it, it's probably because they're use to the old white guy being racist.

Really?! I'm an idiot for not wanting racist friends? You could have picked any other bit of my post to respond like that to, but you specifically singled out that bit. Your subconscious is trying to tell you something. You should listen.

Again, that you seem to think having black friends is necessary for knowing all people are equal is inherently racist. It's using tokenism to try excusing your racism.

BS. You have no justification for your racism, and you know it. That's why you keep begging off from supposedly setting me straight.

I really don't think you understand the point at all. Germany's flag is still that of the German Reich, but you don't seem to infer that Germany is currently Nazi. The US doesn't officially use the Confederate flag, but you think those who do fly it are Civil War era Confederates. That's contradictory.
    Some states do, or did until all the faux outrage, fly the Confederate flag, again, as a symbol of regional heritage and pride. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_display_of_the_Confederate_battle_flag
    What no state nor individuals do is don or display KKK robes unless they are expressly white supremacist. So again, your comparison is faulty, if not intentionally intellectually dishonest.

It's just pure ignorance to think that all modern day Confederate flag displays are all in support of slavery. These people aren't likely completely unaware of history, but they are aware of their regional heritage.

Or are you so obtuse that you think something like the Dukes of Hazard was promoting slavery?

So you admit that you don't believe that black man is thinking for himself. Got it.

12. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

I don't believe any of those people, along with most of the people on this planet, are thinking at all, most of the time.
    I "admit" that I'm inclined to include you in the majority.

13. Vociferous Valued Senior Member

So anyone you disagrees with you, huh? Thanks for verifying your elitist bigotry toward "most of the people on this planet".

14. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

To those that I have offended with my post that you label racist I sincerely appologise for any offence that I caused and without making any excuses say that causing offence was not my intention and freely admit my post was a mistake.
    I saw the joke as someone who's ancestors were victims could be holding what I consider to be a racist flag.
    Well you must be so happy to have a clear run to pile on the insults and to have a win that I did not allow you to take ..so let's see how you manage your success..Will you be honorable and move on or will this go on for days, weeks, years? Will every encounter now have you leading with the racist jab..I bet it will if I am right about your lack of character and self esteem...and each time you drag it out your accidental victory here will become less and less...
    Certainly not. I just thought that you must know me a little and that your response was disproportional...and I admit I reacted because you were upsetting me ...but for me it's in the past..I can see my first mistake was making the post and my second was engaging you by talking of my situation.
    And in an effort to do the right thing I sincerely appologise for calling you an idiot and appologise for any offence you experienced from my post that you found racist. But if you think I am racist you are wrong.
    The absolute irony here is if you had made my post I would have got stuck into you in a similar fashion.
    Have a nice day.
    Alex

15. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

16. Vociferous Valued Senior Member

Good.

You were mistaken.

Projection is unbecoming.

If I had made that post, no doubt, I would have been suspended or banned outright for all the outrage it would have generated.

Xelasnave.1947 likes this.
  17. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

But you certainly would not have apologised, correct?

18. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

He said he had you on ignore so he won't see your post I expect.
    Alex

19. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

That's good, there'll be no more porky pies, misinterpretations and obfuscations now, in defending his glorious deity, whoever he or she or it maybe.

20. Vociferous Valued Senior Member

Considering I was the only one who called it out, I'm evidently the most likely to recognize and correct it. Why, have I offended you?

21. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

You havn't offended me at all. Your handle says much about your persona. If the situations were reversed, I don't believe you would have apologised. Clear?

22. Vociferous Valued Senior Member

Considering your copious straw men, I'm sure you believe a great many things that do not comport with reality.

23. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

I don't disagrees with me, so that works out pretty well.
    Think nothing of it.