Impeach Xev?

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by ElectricFetus, Apr 11, 2004.

?

Should Xev be impeached?

Poll closed Jul 10, 2004.
  1. Yes Xev is not worthy of being a moderator (impeach Xex)

33 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. Yes Xev is a wacko, but still a OK moderator (Do no impeach Xev)

20 vote(s)
    27.8%
  3. No Xev is alright as a person and moderator (Do not impeach Xev)

19 vote(s)
    26.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bells Staff Member

LMAO! Way wrong. Way way wrong. Didn't you read before when I stated that I come from French, Dutch and African ancestry. Now how you would have picked me as a Brit is highly amusing.

Following you around? Don't flatter yourself. But I've read enough of your posts to see you discriminate against others. Opposing viewpoint is hardly discrimination. One could also say that Xev's point would be classified as an opposing viewpoint... hmmm?

Racial separation to me means more to the fact that some believe that races should not mix. Now you appear to think that I agree with that, I do not. But I also do not think that Xev's comments were racist. Many black people (women especially) dislike it when black men marry white women, because they see it as a dilution of their race. Japanese society is known to have similar beliefs, as are white people, Chinese, etc, etc.

All ethnic groups wish to retain their diversity. Are you telling me that as a Mexican you'd rather not retain your diversity or see the Mexican ethnic group maintain their existence? I know that where I'm from, we cherish our ethnic diversity amongst the masses. I don't disagree with multiculturalism, but I also agree that diversity and racial distinction within all society's are to be respected and enjoyed. How boring and horrible would it be if we were all the same? Hell, even Governments around the world celebrate ethnic diversity of its people. The notion of strength within each race is not racist at all. Black people see it as something to be proud of, their features and culture is a strength to them and they too do not wish that to be lost.

And for all I know you're just a mental patient who's been given access to the internet in the mental asylum.

And after coming from a country where people of colour have to sit in the back and have to stand by in any store if a white person walks in first because they must be served first as a general social rule, I too am overly sensitive to racism. However I don't find her comments in this instance to be racist. From what I've read, she's a racial separatist... there's a big difference.

From the Xev thread: Link

Now please tell me, where in that comment has she discriminated against another race? Where does she state that the white race is superior to others (in the manner in which BigD has continuously been doing so)? In fact from her statement there she is more on par with you. I happen to like ethnic diversity. I'm proud of my diverse background. Ask anyone of any race and they'd tell you that they are proud of the fact that they have their background. Why do you claim anyone who comments on that racist?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Let us brake this down:

part1:

I am a racist:

Since Xev is such an intellectual (it is suggested by herself in the second part of the message) we have to assume she knows what it means to be a racist. We are however so fortunate that she isn't a fascist! We are a lucky bunch here. Hoorah, she is only a racist and not a fascist!

part 2:

I've known nonwhites whom I considered to be on my own intellectual level.

How adorable. Some non-whites (could that be a reference to race?) can even manage to reach her intellectual level! It is almost the same as seeing a monkey read war and peace. No, that is not racist at all. It is celebrating diversity.

'Celebrating diversity' must be a new euphemism for racism.

No, fuck off with your stupid excuses. She is a fucking racist.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

Monkey : Assumption is the easiest thing of all.
    Youve read her post yet you're fixated on that one word : racist.
    Everything is black and white for you isn't it?
    Ever bothered to understand what she says?
    Or maybe just jealous?
    Or maybe just jobless.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xev Registered Senior Member

spurious:
    Might help to break it down, too.

Since Xev has two neurons to string into a synapse, she knows that words are dynamic creations. 'Racism' means something now than it did forty, fifty years ago. It will mean something different in the next fifty years.
    Deal with it.

Believe me cumdumpster, not most whites can manage that one.
    Then again, going by the numbers Northern Asiatics are probably smarter than whites. See why I'm an elitist and not an idiot cumdumpster who cannot comprehend simple matters of language? You've claimed to be white, and yet you're a complete bloody idiot.

DUH! It's not like my SAYING THAT I AM cleared anything up.
    I can't sleep.
    Watch, in two posts you'll be screaming something like:

"See! Xev can't sleep, I just proved it!"

8. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

You are just pathetic. It is about time you realize it yourself.

9. Bells Staff Member

Really? So when you see each culture celebrating their cultural and ethnic diversity, do you go up to them and tell them they're racist? When Governments of mulitcultural countries have special days where ethnic groups within their country are encouraged to share their ethnic difference and diversity with the rest of the population, that's racism? Hell I'll have to remind myself of that next time I go to one of these festivals.

Has she stated that any particular race is superior to another though? Has she discriminated or prejudiced against others in here because of their race while moderating? I've seen her discriminate against others for all sorts of things while moderating, but never for race. I'm the last person to make excuses for her.. believe me... but I keep asking this question and no one has yet provided an answer. Has she while moderating in her forum discriminated against another member because of their race... has she altered, deleted posts because of the posters race? If yes, then she should not be a moderator. If no, then I guess we're all arguing for nothing.

Look at BigD as an example of racism. He's been sitting and repeatedly posting about how whites are superior to blacks. He I'd call a racist.

So I'm a racist for declaring that I'm proud of my diverse racial ancestry? I'm a racist because I'm happy to be different or that I'm proud of that difference? Give me a break spurious, I always expected better from you. Black women have been accusing white women of stealing black men.. thereby reducing the survival of the African American racial or ethnic group. Are they racist as well or worried that their ethnicity or race is disappearing? Japanese people are indoctrinated with maintaining their ethnicity and diversity, are they racist as well?

Please, I've been the victim of racism all my life and I've studied racism and its effects for a better part of my life. Half the people here wouldn't know racism if it came and bit them on the arse.

10. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Claiming personal authority doesn't make you right.

11. Xev Registered Senior Member

"You are just pathetic. It is about time you realize it yourself. '

Compared to a weakling like you? A Christian? Good one.

12. Nebuchadnezzaar Registered Senior Member

What do you mean by that? please elaborate

13. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Who is hiding here behind some pseudo-intellectual front? Could it be you?
    I'm a christian?...funny...

14. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Xev stays moderating is still winning by 5 votes, still have 55 more votes to go, those of you that really want it try just a little harder. Xev try to look nicer and sane, your position is on the line.

15. jadedflower observer Valued Senior Member

Xev looks only like everything she is meant to block...

useless posts that only insult.
    Direct offences at religions...
    Abusive and unconstructive critisim...

It all seems like a pretty pathetic discussion.

16. crazymikey Open-minded Scientist Registered Senior Member

Actually I think the 2nd poll choice is unnecessary and inherently biased, so I would ignore it completely. So Xev is actually losing by 6 votes.

17. jadedflower observer Valued Senior Member

how so?

it's 21/25

18. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

If one the 100 votes have come in and Xev remains because of the 2nd vote option, but would have lost if it was not their then we can let Porfiry decide. I don’t see what bias about it, she might be crazy but I have seen her being a very good moderator at times.

19. crazymikey Open-minded Scientist Registered Senior Member

On the grounds that it attempts to manipulate the voter wth the subtle suggestion, "She's a OK moderator", and on the grounds, there are two options for her non-impeachment.

It's irrelavant to the central question, if we think she's a wako.

The designer of the poll is clearly biassed to Xev, and is trying to make sure, she wins.

20. crazymikey Open-minded Scientist Registered Senior Member

I guess that is fair enough. However what makes you think there will be 100 votes? There should be a time limit on the poll, rather than a vote count.

21. Dapthar Gone for Good. Registered Senior Member

I think he was referring to "celebrating diversity" in a "separate but equal" sort of manner. I have seen that phrase used many times in such a context. I can provide examples if you wish.

The answer to your question is no, not to my knowledge. However, I believe the issue is of moderators representing the site by their own actions. Moderators like Congrats, goofyfish, James R., stryderunknown, tiassa, Tristan, wet1 are people who properly perform their moderation duties and generally serve as examples of exemplary conduct. As was mentioned earlier, it is relatively easy to moderate posts, as such, one of the few traits to evaluate a moderator by is their conduct.

No. Reread the definition. Do you believe that your race makes you a person of superior character or ability when compared to other racial groups, and is this decision made solely upon the basis of race? If not, you're not a racist according to the definition.

22. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Randolfo raise two questions for me, "is she sane?" and "should she be moderator"? So I merged both. I guess I should have had 4 questions to make it even.
    1."Yes, Impeach her, she is crazy"
    2."Yes, Impeach her she is not crazy, just a jerk"
    3. "NO, do not Impeach her. She a good mod, just crazy"
    4. "NO, do not Impeach her. She alright as a person and a moderator"

23. crazymikey Open-minded Scientist Registered Senior Member

That that would also be unnecessary -

The question is rather simple:

Do you want Xev to be impeached?

1: Yes, Xev is not fit to be a moderator
    2: No, Xev is a OK moderator

That would be a completely fair and sensible poll. In fact, we could have still have that poll, by just ignoring option 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.